[OP]
Oct 10, 2019
94 posts
41 upvotes

Special Internet Plan 150 M for $44.98/m for Carrytel Customer

Deal Link:
Retailer:
CANNET
Found this post on CanNet Facebook and tried calling in to confirm if its true.
Apparently, they are giving $10 credit to carrytel customer's who switch to Cannet and they said we should provide the monthly bill for the proof.
I think this comes in after carrytel sent an all customers an email about the price increase. I mean its been twice when i received an email from carrytel about the price increase. I guess the competition is getting heated but i see this as a good deal.
Here are the plans which i was told about -
75Mbps for $34.98/m ($44.98 after 2 years)
150 Mbps for $44.98/m ($54.98 after 2 years)
300Mbps for $54.98/m ($64.98 after 2 years)

$0 Modem Rental and $60 processing fee

Ths was the post on Facebook -
[We have an Exclusive Offer for CarryTel Customers who wish to transfer to CanNet:
150 Mbps Unlimited Internet for $44.98 per month with 2 years price guarantee.
Modem rental $0, Installation $59.95 (One time charge)
Call today to for more details or to sign-up @ 1-800-208-7798]
Last edited by MrDisco on Jul 9th, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
Kids are really bad these days.....
85 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37431 posts
23497 upvotes
Center of Universe
If they remove the BS installation fee, considering the modem can be provisioned without a tech on site, it would be worthwhile to switch.
Sep 3, 2018
302 posts
163 upvotes
After Carrytel and some other ISP just raised their prices again? What a timing lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1954 posts
1087 upvotes
I assume this is rogers area only :/
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4783 posts
7392 upvotes
BC
There used to be a ton of Shaw threads/agents post here but I can’t find any anymore, is that over?

My contact is coming up but renewal, called Shaw loyalty and best I could get was internet 300 for $75/m on a 2 yr which is quite high.

I’ve been looking at these resellers and 300 isn’t that much cheaper, may have to bump down to 150. Any suggestions?
Dec 28, 2018
29 posts
145 upvotes
Had a really dreadful experience with CanNet on their 50Mbps service. I'm convinced they were throttling the connection even though they swore blind they weren't. Specific streaming services just didn't work, completely unusable. Speed test results would come back fine, but actually using the service was miserable. They kept saying that if I paid more for a faster service, the problems would magically go away, but if they gave me the bandwidth I was paying for in the first place, then it would have worked fine anyway.

Do not recommend.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1650 posts
1674 upvotes
Markham, ON
I had Cannet at my in-laws house in Scarborough.
It wasn't terrible
The 100/10 connection would get 70-90 Mbps consistently (good enough for seniors).
1 day Rogers did some tweaking in the box on the street and their internet was disconnected for 3 days. I couldn't get cannet on the phone for 3 days. Not even to cancel after day 3.
I switched to Rogers who showed up same day and installed internet.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2954 posts
1445 upvotes
Montreal, QC
may want to wait a bit for the back to school promo, if they're going to have it. last year, cannet reseller had 120/20 for sub $40. here in Quebec, they use the videotron network and has been quite stable outside the first few days where network was wonky
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3476 posts
1659 upvotes
Mississauga
I was with carrytel 150 for 34.99 for a brief stint last year until Rogers threw me a winback offer.
I guess with all the folks working from home.. none of the retailers are discounting anymore and priceses are up... i just renewed my Rogers 500/20 at @49.99 .. was paying 29.99.. i would not be surprised if there are her poor back2school offers this yr.
Jul 20, 2003
280 posts
86 upvotes
Very tempted, almost signed up... called and got an email confirmation and a link to pay the processing fee, but then I decided not the switch due to the following reasons:

1. Cannet's website sucks, the payment link doesn't even work.
2. CarryTel customer service, while not great, is probably better than CanNet. Talked to three different reps from CarryTel in the last hour, no accent, call quality was clear. Cannet on the other hand, call quality was very poor, it sounded like it was outsourced to a call centre in India.
3. There seem to be more bad reviews of Cannet than that of CarryTel, and CarryTel has been working fine for me. Internet is too important for working from home. Didn't want to risk all the hassles to save $200 ($10 saving per month for 24 months minus the processing fee, plus tax).

Did I make the right call? Should I switch and pocket the savings?
Last edited by victorinoxs on Jul 9th, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 30, 2007
398 posts
177 upvotes
victorinoxs wrote: Very tempted, almost signed up... called and got an email confirmation and a link to pay the processing fee, but then I decided not the switch due to the following reasons:

1. Cannet's website sucks, the payment link doesn't even work.
2. CarryTel customer service, while not great, is probably better than CanNet. Talked to three different reps from CarryTel in the last hour, no accent, call quality was clear. Cannet on the other hand, call quality was very poor, it sounded like it was outsourced to a call centre in India.
3. There seem to be more bad reviews of Cannet than that of CarryTel, and CarryTel has been working fine for me. Internet is too important for working from home. Didn't want to risk all the hassles to save $200 ($10 saving per month for 24 month minus the processing fee plus tax).

Did I make the right call? Should I switch and pocket the savings?
Talking to Cannet I also was like maybe I shouldn't switch...but for what I am paying with carrytel I get better speeds through cannet. Whether that is true we will see. But I will swtich and see. I mean both services suck but they beat the big3 price wise.
Jul 20, 2003
280 posts
86 upvotes
sellme2u wrote: Talking to Cannet I also was like maybe I shouldn't switch...but for what I am paying with carrytel I get better speeds through cannet. Whether that is true we will see. But I will swtich and see. I mean both services suck but they beat the big3 price wise.
Please kindly let us know how the transition went, speed, latency and location etc.
Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1675 posts
589 upvotes
Pretty sure they throttle, I had them for a couple of years and service was spotty at best during the evenings.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6979 posts
6112 upvotes
jg123 wrote: Pretty sure they throttle, I had them for a couple of years and service was spotty at best during the evenings.
That's not throttling, that's congestion. There is a difference between those two terms
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6575 posts
1197 upvotes
tried them before,
couldn't get the advertised speed at any time,
cancelled after a week, their CS support phone quality was pretty bad like others have said.
having said that,
I would give them a 2nd chance if they can lower the promo rate to $29.99 for 2 years, and waive the bs "installation" fees.
Last edited by sf1 on Jul 9th, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6979 posts
6112 upvotes
Glad I switched to cannet from carrytel last year and got their 300Mbps plan for $30 a mth , even with the activation fee ifs well worth the savings. It was a 2 year price guarantee

Pretty satisfied with them, there is congestion in evenings sometimes where it'll slow down to around 50Mbps or so for around a hour or two but not really affect my usage

Was very happy with carrytel but was paying$40 for 150Mbps so switched
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37431 posts
23497 upvotes
Center of Universe
StatsGuy wrote: Glad I switched to cannet from carrytel last year and got their 300Mbps plan for $30 a mth , even with the activation fee ifs well worth the savings. It was a 2 year price guarantee

Pretty satisfied with them, there is congestion in evenings sometimes where it'll slow down to around 50Mbps or so for around a hour or two but not really affect my usage

Was very happy with carrytel but was paying$40 for 150Mbps so switched
From 300Mbps to 50Mbps, is not throttling?
I'm using a TPIA right now and the speed has never dropped by 80% at any time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8441 posts
974 upvotes
So it is $5 cheaper than Carrytel, but it has a $60 installation fee. So in reality only $2.5 cheaper per month over 2 years.

Carrytel works mostly fine so this is too much hassle for me. Carrytel staff is also easier to talk to in case you have issue.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Feb 19, 2019
118 posts
50 upvotes
I had cannet in the past for almost 4-5 months. YouTube Netflix amazon buffering on 75 maps plan. Wasted 1 hour almost 1 month everyday. Then switched to shaw 300 for $45 for 24 months with $250 credits. I live in Edmonton. Just a suggestion stay away from cannet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)