Expired Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Chinese New Year Promotion 50M FTTN Unlimited Internet only $29.98/Month

[OP]
May 17, 2003
9968 posts
3082 upvotes

[Sponsored] Chinese New Year Promotion 50M FTTN Unlimited Internet only $29.98/Month

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 22, 2018
Retailer:
CanNet
Happy Chinese New Year to the beloved RFD community! Kung Hei Fat Choi!!

We have listened to your suggestions and we now have an extensive BYOD option for you with a great unlimited FTTN plan in Ontario:

50M/10M Unlimited FTTN Internet, ONLY $29.98/month

Features:
  • Download speeds up to 50 Mbps; Upload speeds up to 10 Mbps
  • Unlimited usage
  • 1-year price guarantee*
  • No Contract
  • No Credit Check
  • Extended warranty – 10 days full refund
  • Brand new state of the art SmartRG SR616AC wireless modem**
  • Device Option: Rental or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)

Details:
  • One-time processing fee of $29.95
  • *Monthly $29.98 + tax for 1 year, afterwards $39.98 + tax
  • **SmartRG SR616AC Modem rental $5/month + Tax
  • Upon cancellation need to return the device in the case of rental option.

Bring your own device option
For our 50M unlimited FTTN plan, we also have the option for the customer to use their own device. For using your own device you only have to pay the one-time processing fee of $29.95 (originally $99.95).

The following devices are supported:
  • SmartRG SR505N
  • Bell Home Hub 2000
  • TP-Link TD-W9970
  • Current Technicolor TG588V

To sign-up with your own modem or to verify if your VDSL modem is supported please call in and ask our representatives. They will be able to provide you with the adequate information.

The RedFlagDeals Chinese New Year's deal is applicable only for residents living in the Bell service area in Ontario. Qualified customers must sign up by calling us at +1 (416) 800-2323 or calling our authorized agent ModemOutlet at +1 (800) 880-1234, or visit our website. For more plans, visit CanNetTel.com.

If existing CanNet customer wants to switch, need to pay $90 conversion fee (Non Refundable) + $100 deposit (which will be held without interests until cancellation) & No credit check along with the terms of the above plan.

Don't miss out on our great internet deals!
Thread Summary
Here is the initial version for thread summary. THIS IS FOR BYOD users who has any of the 4 types "supported' modem to configure your modem with Cannet DSL service.

Technicolor TG588V is missing and hope some one who have it can add this in the list.
146 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1382 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
So I have a cable plan with Cannet, 100/10 and never get more than 2-3 mbs upload with or without my router. Will this plan actually guarantee upload speed of 10mb/s?
It's the "up to" that get me.
Apr 20, 2017
536 posts
295 upvotes
Which modem is better? SmartRG SR505N or TP-Link TD-W9970. I can get one around 100$ from Amazon.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3018 posts
3367 upvotes
DIrty-D wrote: So I have a cable plan with Cannet, 100/10 and never get more than 2-3 mbs upload with or without my router. Will this plan actually guarantee upload speed of 10mb/s?
dream on. these third-tier companies are as deceptive about actual speeds as it gets.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2260 posts
1342 upvotes
GTA
DIrty-D wrote: So I have a cable plan with Cannet, 100/10 and never get more than 2-3 mbs upload with or without my router. Will this plan actually guarantee upload speed of 10mb/s?
Too many variables involved such as:
- sites you are downloading/uploading from/to
- line quality
- distance from the cable hub
- router (out of the question in your particular situation)
- NIC (both wired or wireless)
- other interferences

It is just like gas mileage for car which is only for optimal controlled conditions
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jan 22, 2014
176 posts
127 upvotes
Guelph
I am paying 25/10 for $50 from Virgin. This is a deal for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1905 posts
1414 upvotes
GTA West
thelasthunter wrote: dream on. these third-tier companies are as deceptive about actual speeds as it gets.
Year of the dog :)?
Sep 1, 2015
150 posts
67 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
have their 150Mbs service, they are able to keep up 150Mbs most of time:
Dec 22, 2012
173 posts
163 upvotes
Scarborough
mikimoto wrote: Which modem is better? SmartRG SR505N or TP-Link TD-W9970. I can get one around 100$ from Amazon.
Don't know about SmartRG SR505N, but my TD-W9970 never let me down since day one (June 2016).
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
956 posts
116 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: Too many variables involved such as:
- sites you are downloading/uploading from/to
- line quality
- distance from the cable hub
- router (out of the question in your particular situation)
- NIC (both wired or wireless)
- other interferences

It is just like gas mileage for car which is only for optimal controlled conditions
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
956 posts
116 upvotes
kanechart wrote: P0T2C0 Please.
Hi there,

To check for availability we would need your full address. The fastest way is to call in and give our rep your address so he can check immediately if it is available.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2047 posts
1423 upvotes
Ottawa
Bell (the actual internet provider in this case) only guarantees the download speed. I called them once due to an issue with my line and they reduced my upload speed from 7mbps to 2mbps. Had to keep escalating the issue in order for them to actually fix the issue and increase my upload speed back to 7
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3047 posts
783 upvotes
Belle River
Anyone have an opinion on their cable service? I can't get this deal but their cable pricing blows Start.ca away, especially with the extra $10 off code though I'm not sure of the fine print for that.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1661 upvotes
Anyone else with reviews of this service? Looking to switch frmo Rogers which is charging an arm and a leg now with another $8 increase in March. Is it worth it to buy a modem or just rent?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2252 posts
1216 upvotes
wondering as well on the level of service, they are offering cable 150 for 49.98, that will only get you cable 40 at start.ca, think start will try and match it?
Nov 28, 2009
670 posts
626 upvotes
Pickering
If you're not in a condo or apartment and can't get the Rogers Ignite deal this may be your best bet, at least that's what I'm thinking.
They said on the phone the modem costs 200 bucks though, that's a lot to fork over right away.

I'm not sure why people are giving a thumbs down on this offer. Not everyone is fortunate enough to can get on the Rogers 500u / 1GB for a cheap price.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1995 posts
809 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Same promotion they have been running for awhile now. They just keep renaming it.