Hot Deals

[CanNet Telecom] Unlimited Internet Promotion For AB, MB, BC & SK with prices starting from $39.98/m

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2021 12:11 pm
[OP]
Oct 10, 2019
94 posts
40 upvotes

Unlimited Internet Promotion For AB, MB, BC & SK with prices starting from $39.98/m

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
CanNet Telecom
So this ad popped up on facebook for Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia & Saskatchewan!!
There was no link for the promotion on the post but just a number. I checked the website and it seems they dont have a specific link for it, so i called up to confirm the details and this is what i found -

They have 3 plans - 75m for $39.98/m ; 100m for $49.98/m and 300m for 79.98/m

They said the price is fixed for one year and than it will be the regular prices which is basically $10 more with no contract.
For upfront fees, there is no processing fee but a $10 shipping fee.

For interested people this is the number to reach them - 1-800-208-7798
Last edited by DykeLuca647 on Feb 11th, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kids are really bad these days.....
31 replies
Jul 24, 2018
89 posts
104 upvotes
MB
Don't recommend them in Winnipeg. I was getting 1-2mbit during peak times in the evenings. Everything would buffer or play in 144p poop quality.

Swapped over to Can-Com and have zero issues.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8342 posts
3037 upvotes
Toronto
You can find other threads for Cannet, but I'll just paraphrase pretty much what everyone said.

They're trash. Almost unanimously agreed from previous threads from anyone who's used them.

I had them for 2 years and it was just awful by the end. No amount of savings is worth it for what this company deems as acceptable internet. Throttling everything but speedtest to make it seem like it's 'peak hours' or issues on your end.

AVOID.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1078 posts
469 upvotes
using them and also had alot of problems during peak evening hours but since Jan it's been stable.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3395 posts
640 upvotes
oh its unlimited alright, unlimited throttling!

Took forever to change from them due to the lack of deals but now, I no longer have issues with watching IPTV and the kids aren't complaining about the terrible lag in games.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4706 posts
3814 upvotes
Wonder how they are outside Ontario.

I'm using them and paying$30 for 300Mbps so I'm quite pleased with the value and uptime is same as Rogers (which means not great lately)

No issues streaming and playing Xbox series x and downloading all the games and updates are fast (Markham area)
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20034 posts
5425 upvotes
Good Morning
Can't recommend, was throttled heavily in the evenings in the GTA.
Sep 26, 2013
140 posts
224 upvotes
I wonder what connection they are using in BC. Pricing isn't that good neither. You can do better if you are willing to call telus/shaw multiple times to get better deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3038 posts
12729 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
I got the 120M a year ago through modemoutlet and paying 34.95, for Quebec resident keep checking from time to time modemoutlet.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Feb 9, 2009
41 posts
44 upvotes
LONDON
Stay far, far, away from this company. Support is virtually non-existent and actual service is sketchy. Don't let the low price lure you into inevitable sadness.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5856 posts
2223 upvotes
GTEH!
azn_dan wrote: oh its unlimited alright, unlimited throttling!

Took forever to change from them due to the lack of deals but now, I no longer have issues with watching IPTV and the kids aren't complaining about the terrible lag in games.
LOL. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
😎
Nov 17, 2007
313 posts
869 upvotes
Canada
CanNet is the worst service provider that I've ever had. Not internet provider... service provider. Period.

Please, please save yourselves the headache and avoid them at all costs.
I Love deals.
May 11, 2009
421 posts
219 upvotes
Vancouver
Echoing what others have said, I had a terrible experience with them in the GVRD, and would strongly suggest you avoid this ISP like they're a COVID patient without PPE.
Sep 19, 2008
884 posts
807 upvotes
I wouldn't use this provider if it was free. No exaggeration
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2136 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
was using them in 2018 for a few months in Ottawa and it's just so slow during peak hours. Every time I call them they say we didn't find any problems and keep asking me to send proof of slow speed and said it must be an issue on my side. Switched to Rogers and 0 issues after. You get what you pay for.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1444 posts
915 upvotes
Near You
Cantnet
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Aug 5, 2011
477 posts
171 upvotes
I will down vote every single CanNet thread because their service is frankly atrocious and should be investigated by the CRTC for false advertisement.
Aug 5, 2011
477 posts
171 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: was using them in 2018 for a few months in Ottawa and it's just so slow during peak hours. Every time I call them they say we didn't find any problems and keep asking me to send proof of slow speed and said it must be an issue on my side. Switched to Rogers and 0 issues after. You get what you pay for.
Same here. I spent hours on the phone "troubleshooting" with the technical support agent to change channels and bands but it was all just for show. Switched to CarryTel and completely no issues.