Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CanNet

Unlimited 75M Cable internet $29.98/m for 24 months+ FREE installation and modem rental (Call in ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2020 8:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3971 posts
386 upvotes
Here's the deal for Cogeco serviced areas: https://cannettel.blogspot.com/2018/02/ ... cable.html (prices are similar to the Carrytel promo, except Carrytel has an extra $10 for the modem to be shipped and prices aren't guaranteed for a year). Placed an order with Carrytel, but wondering if I should switch. Not sure which company is reliable and customer service friendly.

1. The first plan is priced at ONLY $29.98 monthly with the following features:

• Up to 40Mbps download speeds
• Up to 10Mbps upload speeds
• Unlimited usage
• Price guarantee for 1 year
• No activation fee
• No Credit Check required
• Wired modem CCM8200 purchase for ONLY $49.95

2. The second plan is priced at $39.98 monthly but has higher speeds:

• Up to 60Mbps download speeds
• Up to 10Mbps upload speeds
• Unlimited usage
• Price guarantee for 1 year
• No activation fee
• No Credit Check required
• Wired modem CCM8200 purchase for ONLY $49.95

Setting up your Cable Modem

Not every activation requires a technician to visit your home to do the activation/installation. If it is a transfer of services a tech visit will not be required. For those purposes we have added some simple instructions on how to set-up your cable modem:

1. Plug your modem coax cable to a coax wall socket or the coax cable provided by technician (the connector looks like a circle with a dot in it).

2. Plug your modem into a power source using the power adapter provided.

3. Your modem online light (usually the @ symbol located on the front) will blink for a few minutes as it connects online. Once the light stays normal (usually Green or Blue), you are ready to use the internet.

That is as easy as 1,2,3... There is no reason for any person to be one day without internet.
Our above mentioned promotions are for valid for a limited time only.

To sign-up please call one of our representatives at: 1-416-800-2323 or call our authorized agent Modem Outlet at: 1-800-880-1234. For more plans please visit our website at: https://www.cannettel.com/
Oct 31, 2006
294 posts
151 upvotes
This company is a joke. Avoid cannettel. Avoid CIK Telecom, Cannettel are just resellers of CIK Telecom who are using the unwanted shitty CGN3 modems hence its cheap.

They are selling cheap internet service because the CGN3 modems dont work properly. My internet disconnects every two hours and to get the internet working again you have to reboot the modem and wait 5 minutes while it starts up everything. I have been complaining for months now. They have replaced the modem twice with the same CGN3 modem. It didnt solve anything. Then they sent in a technician to boost the signal in my condo. The problem got worse. I have been talking to these **** monkeys for months and its just a joke at this point.

They throttle the internet heavily getting 5mbps, off hours usually get 40-50 mbps.

Save yourself the pain and go with someone else.
Last edited by performance on Jul 1st, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 11, 2017
198 posts
162 upvotes
I have them for almost 2 years now just amazing and i pay $39.99 a month unlimited. Only calling centers are probably in India but i did use them once and that because a stupid contractor cut the internet cable from outside while doing my landscaping.
Oct 31, 2006
294 posts
151 upvotes
Taxfax wrote: I have them for almost 2 years now just amazing and i pay $39.99 a month unlimited. Only calling centers are probably in India but i did use them once and that because a stupid contractor cut the internet cable from outside while doing my landscaping.
Sorry but you you are lying. If you do a whois search on cannettel.com, the domain was created on 2016-08-11. So the company isnt even 2 years old.
Nov 1, 2007
98 posts
29 upvotes
take it easy performance … it was said **almost 2 years**

besides, why do you care...? as anything else, it depends... some will get better service than others.
Oct 31, 2006
294 posts
151 upvotes
goGreen wrote: take it easy performance … it was said **almost 2 years**

besides, why do you care...? as anything else, it depends... some will get better service than others.
Its a shitty service, with a shitty company. I'm just trying to warn people before they give them their money. Its bordering on a scam as their service keeps disconnecting. I used to be with Rogers and they were fine.

FIDO has a 50% off deal right now so its $32.50 per month for 12 months for the 75/10 service.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
performance wrote: This company is a joke. Avoid cannettel. Avoid CIK Telecom, Cannettel are just resellers of CIK Telecom who are using the unwanted shitty CGN3 modems hence its cheap.

I have been talking to these **** monkeys for months and its just a joke at this point.

Can't believe you've been having problems for MONTHS yet still didn't switch out, considering how frustrated you sound in your post.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2373 upvotes
Ottawa
performance wrote: Its a shitty service, with a shitty company. I'm just trying to warn people before they give them their money. Its bordering on a scam as their service keeps disconnecting. I used to be with Rogers and they were fine.

FIDO has a 50% off deal right now so its $32.50 per month for 12 months for the 75/10 service.
Why don't you change companies then? It is really easy to do. Persionally, I have been with cannet for about 6 months(maybe more) and I haven't had any major issues. They gave me a Hitron modem which like all of the others that use the Puma6 chip has some issues. I don't play games so I don't notice the lag. When I used to do speedtests, they would often hit the 70meg mark.
Oct 31, 2006
294 posts
151 upvotes
ak-47 wrote: Can't believe you've been having problems for MONTHS yet still didn't switch out, considering how frustrated you sound in your post.
After the first month, they sent me two modems. So I figured the lag, throttling and disconnects would go away. It didnt. I was going to cancel afterwards but then they scheduled a tech who came in and tweaked a bunch of splitters and boosters or something. That didnt work. Now they are sending me another modem.

I should have cancelled a long time ago though. I gave them too many chances.
Jul 11, 2017
198 posts
162 upvotes
performance wrote: Its a shitty service, with a shitty company. I'm just trying to warn people before they give them their money. Its bordering on a scam as their service keeps disconnecting. I used to be with Rogers and they were fine.

Are you working for rogers or fido? That would have explained your answer. I am just stating my opinion.
Whats wrong with you?
Nov 16, 2013
917 posts
330 upvotes
GTA
Is this deal still on?

How’s the service ?
mojolee02 wrote: Hi guys I was browsing on Facebook and saw this on my feed.

Exclusive promotion offer for "New CanNet Customers" - Call in to order!
75M Cable unlimited internet

$29.98/m for 24 months, $0 rental with wireless modem included

- No contract
- $0 activation fee
- 30 days warranty
- Free installation
- $0 wireless modem rental
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
Ontario only, according to the post pointed to by the OP:

Exclusive promotion offer for "New CanNet Customers" in ON - Call in to order!
75M Cable unlimited internet
Nov 1, 2007
98 posts
29 upvotes
@CanNetRFD mention in another thread: "... this plan is going to end on the last day of June. Starting July 1st this plan will not be available anymore and will probably be replaced with a different promotion. "

… you still can order $30/mth for 2 years, however modem shipping is now $10 (instead of free).
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
I am on their 2 year promo of $30 plus $5 modem rental. After 2 years the modem will be mine.

So far so good after 7 months. Recently there were two disruptions on consecutive days. Chatted online and got tech called me to resolve the issue within a couple of hours.

No complaint.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7066 posts
3378 upvotes
performance wrote: This company is a joke. Avoid cannettel. Avoid CIK Telecom, Cannettel are just resellers of CIK Telecom who are using the unwanted shitty CGN3 modems hence its cheap.

They are selling cheap internet service because the CGN3 modems dont work properly. My internet disconnects every two hours and to get the internet working again you have to reboot the modem and wait 5 minutes while it starts up everything. I have been complaining for months now. They have replaced the modem twice with the same CGN3 modem. It didnt solve anything. Then they sent in a technician to boost the signal in my condo. The problem got worse. I have been talking to these **** monkeys for months and its just a joke at this point.

They throttle the internet heavily getting 5mbps, off hours usually get 40-50 mbps.

Are you able to think this through logically? If not then come back to this post next month.

You say your internet disconnects every 2 hours or so, then you go on to say they throttle you. Is it not possible your disconnections and fluctuating speeds are due to an issue with the modem or signals coming into your modem? You didn't mention whether you called up cannet or not to troubleshoot - that doesn't look good on your part. All anyone here sees is that you have a problem and you're frustrated, and you're saying cannet is flatly scamming you either by giving you a bad modem (in your words on purpose) or by throttling you.

Hey, if the modems were that shitty wouldn't everyone who has this modem said so by now? As for throttling there was maybe 1 person who suggested they throttle, and he regularly uploaded over 1 TB per month and cannet denied it, but it was fixed and this RFD person stayed mum as to the cause of the problem. From any reasonable perspective, there isn't any form of throttling going on. It's all related to the other issue mentioned.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7066 posts
3378 upvotes
Any time you swap modems and you already scheduled an appointment with the hook up guy, you will likely not get internet that day because the modem mac has to be re-provisioned and it'll take up to 24 hours. Cannet is too afraid to tell you that, and I think they should be warning the customer in advance not to expect working internet until the new mac address is allowed onto Roger's network.

The good news is that your old modem with the other provider should continue working and they might charge you per day based on your old rates.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2003
1538 posts
39 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
Sucks they dont have this deal for Cogeco. Best they could offer me was 60/10 for $34.95 for the modem, $39.99/month first year, and $49.99 after that.

I'm paying Teksavvy $48.95/month for 40/10. Wish there was a better deal out there.
Oct 31, 2006
294 posts
151 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: Why don't you change companies then? It is really easy to do. Persionally, I have been with cannet for about 6 months(maybe more) and I haven't had any major issues. They gave me a Hitron modem which like all of the others that use the Puma6 chip has some issues. I don't play games so I don't notice the lag. When I used to do speedtests, they would often hit the 70meg mark.
I am changing companies. Im glad that you admitted to the problem with the modems. Did you notice constant disconnects? Like every hour or so?
Oct 31, 2006
294 posts
151 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Are you able to think this through logically? If not then come back to this post next month.

You say your internet disconnects every 2 hours or so, then you go on to say they throttle you. Is it not possible your disconnections and fluctuating speeds are due to an issue with the modem or signals coming into your modem? You didn't mention whether you called up cannet or not to troubleshoot - that doesn't look good on your part. All anyone here sees is that you have a problem and you're frustrated, and you're saying cannet is flatly scamming you either by giving you a bad modem (in your words on purpose) or by throttling you.

Hey, if the modems were that shitty wouldn't everyone who has this modem said so by now? As for throttling there was maybe 1 person who suggested they throttle, and he regularly uploaded over 1 TB per month and cannet denied it, but it was fixed and this RFD person stayed mum as to the cause of the problem. From any reasonable perspective, there isn't any form of throttling going on. It's all related to the other issue mentioned.
I called Canada net and spent hours troubleshooting with them. They told me it was the modem so they replaced it three times. When the new modems came they had a tech come in and boost the signal.

it's pretty clear that you work for cannet. I am simply here to tell people about my story so they don't waste time and money with these scammers. There plenty of other people sharing the same issues as myself.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
goGreen wrote: @CanNetRFD mention in another thread: "... this plan is going to end on the last day of June. Starting July 1st this plan will not be available anymore and will probably be replaced with a different promotion. "

… you still can order $30/mth for 2 years, however modem shipping is now $10 (instead of free).
My bad, our plan did end. But because of the popularity of this plan with the people from RFD, we have decided to extend it. Only this time we have to charge a shipping and handling fee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)