Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 60m $24.98, 150M $34.98, 300M $44.98

Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1857 posts
285 upvotes
moon
If I cannot use my modem then how much gonna be the monthly for INternet75. What other costs are related which I am not aware of?
Parents are the most precious gift anyone can get. Love you always Dad

2014 : 394.00$ Arv
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
raj12345 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 1:09 pm
I am in surrey. SO i guess shaw area. I had shaw internet 3 years ago and now with telus, I think I still have a cable coming to my house from the pole. So how does the connection take place. and mothly cost gonna be If i choose INternet75.
For Surrey that is Shaw service area. we have promotion for 75M for $29.98/m with a one-time processing fee, which includes shipping of $29.95, and monthly modem rental of $9.98.

Check out our promotion page for more details:

https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/Xbox75m
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1857 posts
285 upvotes
moon
Is that modem that u provide is rent to own then if u charge 9.98 per month ?

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
raj12345 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 1:50 pm
Is that modem that u provide is rent to own then if u charge 9.98 per month ?
That modem is rent only. You would need to return the modem when you cancel our services.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1857 posts
285 upvotes
moon
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 1:55 pm
That modem is rent only. You would need to return the modem when you cancel our services.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
So that means if i go for 2 years with u guys and pay u rent for 2 years (200$ approx) for modem and in the end I won't get the modem. wow. What is the buyout price then ?

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
raj12345 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 2:00 pm
So that means if i go for 2 years with u guys and pay u rent for 2 years (200$ approx) for modem and in the end I won't get the modem. wow. What is the buyout price then ?
For this plan, we do not offer the option for customers to buy the modem. I apologize for the inconvenience but the decision making is not up to me.
Jul 19, 2018
1 posts
I am interested in your services and I live in Western Canada (Shaw). I would recommend an option that allows customers to use there own modems or you have a reasonable price to buy a modem up front. $9.98 a month to rent a modem is pricey. Please let me know if and/or when cannet changes the prices.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
Ianstyle wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 11:55 pm
I am interested in your services and I live in Western Canada (Shaw). I would recommend an option that allows customers to use there own modems or you have a reasonable price to buy a modem up front. $9.98 a month to rent a modem is pricey. Please let me know if and/or when cannet changes the prices.
Hi there,

We understand that you and other customers find the modems we offer pricy and that we have limited options at the moment. We are trying our best to come up with solutions/options that will benefit all of us. As soon as we change things or offer more options I will let the community know for sure.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Jul 9, 2018
2 posts
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 5:38 pm
Hi there,

You are in a way right, however, when CIK goes down does not necessarily mean that we are down as well. Sometimes they could have some issues with their network without affecting our network.

Since we have a working relationship with CIK we cannot directly take over their customers. Please call CIK and let them know that you want to switch. They might offer a solution.

Kind regards,
Thanks for answering my question.
Now about switching over from CIK, can I not simply call them to say I want to cancel and then have you (CanNet) do a transfer of service?

I learned of this "transfer" when searching this thread and I like it because it is seamless on our end and won't bother my parents lol. At least I hope it works that way...

Also if I decide to do this today, can we set CanNet's start day for Aug.01? You mentioned 10-15 days, so...might be cutting it close? This is for your "$29.98/m for 24 months, $0 rental with wireless modem included" plan btw.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
otori86 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 12:39 pm
Thanks for answering my question.
Now about switching over from CIK, can I not simply call them to say I want to cancel and then have you (CanNet) do a transfer of service?

I learned of this "transfer" when searching this thread and I like it because it is seamless on our end and won't bother my parents lol. At least I hope it works that way...

Also if I decide to do this today, can we set CanNet's start day for Aug.01? You mentioned 10-15 days, so...might be cutting it close? This is for your "$29.98/m for 24 months, $0 rental with wireless modem included" plan btw.
Hi there,

I wish we could really do a simple transfer for you, but we have an agreement with CIK Telecom that we cannot take over their customers until 6 months after cancellation. I can only suggest you to call CIK Telecom and explain that you wish to switch to a CanNet deal you saw. They are really the only ones who can provide a solution. I apologize for that.
Jul 29, 2007
193 posts
77 upvotes
Markham
I called my current ISP on Friday (July 20th) and requested canceling services effective July 27th. Does that mean the earliest I can have CanNet up and running is 10-15 days after July 27th? Meaning I'd be without internet for about two weeks?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
Hi there, did you place an order with us already? If you did can you forward me your order number?

We need to submit the transfer to Rogers order at least 10 days in advance, we recommend most customers 15 days, just to be safe. We can submit the order, however, if the order is not confirmed by Rogers, the order will be rejected and we would have to submit the order as a new installation then.
May 26, 2012
284 posts
96 upvotes
Montreal
When I select a plan and go to the "Order Now" page I have to check "Monthly - Rental Hardware".
After I check it the page gets blank and I can't go anywhere from that point.
Tried it on several devices with different browsers. Always the same blank page.
Any idea?
Jul 29, 2007
193 posts
77 upvotes
Markham
loginn wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 3:32 pm
When I select a plan and go to the "Order Now" page I have to check "Monthly - Rental Hardware".
After I check it the page gets blank and I can't go anywhere from that point.
Tried it on several devices with different browsers. Always the same blank page.
Any idea?
I've been having the same issue.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
Have you tried clearing your internet browser's cache? I will have our IT department look at it in the meantime. Also, do you have JavaScript enabled in your browser?

I apologize for this issue.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Last edited by CanNetRFD on Jul 23rd, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.