Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 60m $24.98, 150M $34.98, 300M $44.98

Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:49 am
You never answered the question - how long does Cannet store the logs for? You wouldn't be able to forward any notice if the logs weren't there for way longer than 3 months. Don't think I didn't notice what your wrote and how your wrote it.

Your company obviously stores the log at least 6 months. The question is why in excess of what is required by law. This information is very pertinent to current subscribers and also to potential subscribers to cannet because if you're storing it longer than is needed by law what you're doing is purposely aiding troll lawyers in going after your own customers, and driving up costs to your own service by doing so. Like Teksavvy you're beginning to realize you'll never ever get back the full amount of manhours you put into helping these troll lawyers.


And by the way, now that people know Cannet keeps logs longer than 3 months, expect even more effort by troll lawyers to go after cannet because it's now fishing season on any ISP that keeps logs in excess of what is required by law.
Hi there,

I am not trying to challenge you but do you have any proof or public announcement from Teksavvy that they only store logs less than 3 months? How do you know they don’t store the logs for more than 3 months?

Technically we don’t want to store any logs at all. The reason I cannot tell you how long we store the logs as this is limited by our equipment capacity due to the huge amount of data, we are recycling hard disks every several months. Could be 1 month or 3 months, there is no certain time. It doesn’t make sense for us that we want to store logs for years to help lawyers to sue our own customers? In the end, we are really doing the minimum that is required by law. In the end, we try to please our customers in every way.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
Dhajjs wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 10:11 pm
Good follow up and good customer service. but no improvement.

Sorry, my poor language. thank you for your official response......but Good follow up and good customer service. but no improvement.
Hi there,

Can you please describe some of the things that have been tested and tried. I want to help you exhaust all options to help you fix your issues.
Newbie
May 24, 2018
60 posts
13 upvotes
Is this deal still on going? How's the latency like with them? I am with a diff ISP but the ping is so high I can't even play games online at all.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
mon369 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:47 am
Is this deal still on going? How's the latency like with them? I am with a diff ISP but the ping is so high I can't even play games online at all.
Our deal for 75M unlimited cable internet for $24.98/m is still available
You can sign through our promotion page https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/75MLTP or call us at 416-800-2323 to sign up.
Member
Feb 4, 2017
220 posts
263 upvotes
mon369 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:47 am
Is this deal still on going? How's the latency like with them? I am with a diff ISP but the ping is so high I can't even play games online at all.
I've been with Cannet 4 months no issues. For the past week I've been playing Rocket League on xbox live with no lagging. The xbox is connected to the modem using an ethernet cable.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
5188 posts
2157 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 1:56 pm
Hi there,

I am not trying to challenge you but do you have any proof or public announcement from Teksavvy that they only store logs less than 3 months? How do you know they don’t store the logs for more than 3 months?

Technically we don’t want to store any logs at all. The reason I cannot tell you how long we store the logs as this is limited by our equipment capacity due to the huge amount of data, we are recycling hard disks every several months. Could be 1 month or 3 months, there is no certain time. It doesn’t make sense for us that we want to store logs for years to help lawyers to sue our own customers? In the end, we are really doing the minimum that is required by law. In the end, we try to please our customers in every way.
"Could be 1 month or 3 months, there is no certain time. "

Now I have to ask if you work directly for Cannet, or if you're a third party, and if you are a Cannet employee whether you even asked the senior managers about the policy. Why am I saying this? Because by law you cannot arbitrarily store it for 1 or 3 months on a whim. You are making up things as you go along because you don't work for management and never asked them, or you are breaking the law. So which one is it?

Your leisurely answers do no bring confidence to those who are asking about a serious matter. Tecksavvy got back to me with a solid answer in under 2 weeks by the CEO himself, after changing the log retention policy to the absolute minimum required by law and posting the change in policy in a public forum. Im still waiting for an answer that makes sense from your company.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 3:23 pm
"Could be 1 month or 3 months, there is no certain time. "

Now I have to ask if you work directly for Cannet, or if you're a third party, and if you are a Cannet employee whether you even asked the senior managers about the policy. Why am I saying this? Because by law you cannot arbitrarily store it for 1 or 3 months on a whim. You are making up things as you go along because you don't work for management and never asked them, or you are breaking the law. So which one is it?

Your leisurely answers do no bring confidence to those who are asking about a serious matter. Tecksavvy got back to me with a solid answer in under 2 weeks by the CEO himself, after changing the log retention policy to the absolute minimum required by law and posting the change in policy in a public forum. Im still waiting for an answer that makes sense from your company.
Hi there,

I do work directly for CanNet and got the answer directly from senior management. We are trying to meet the minimal requirements of the law and regulation. We would always like to see our customers use our internet service with as much freedom as possible.
In the end we are the same as Teksavvy in that regard. If Teksavvy is confirming that they are keeping 3-month logs, then we can do the same as both of us are Canadian companies governed by Canada law and regulation. I can ask our CEO Jordan to confirm with Teksavvy CEO Marc as they know each other pretty well.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
5188 posts
2157 upvotes
So how the hell did I receive a notice 6 months after the fact that it happened? If you say your company is keeping minimum logs then I never should have received a notice at all for an alleged 6 month thing that happened back in the summer.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
I would have to ask into that since that is a question for upper management. As soon as I know more, I will let you know.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2016
26 posts
1 upvote
Stay away from this shitty company.
I have been asking for a return label for a month and today just got charged 200$ for used device.
A new way to rip off customers.
The rep just said the transaction went through and you can do nothing !!! I will dispute this shitty company.
Screenshot_20190108-210137_Outlook.jpg
Images
  • Screenshot_20190108-210129_Outlook.jpg
  • Screenshot_20190108-210120_Outlook.jpg
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:24 pm
So how the hell did I receive a notice 6 months after the fact that it happened? If you say your company is keeping minimum logs then I never should have received a notice at all for an alleged 6 month thing that happened back in the summer.
Would you mind forwarding the notice information and issue to info@cannettel.com? If you do that upper management can look into the notice and check why you have received that.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
Ahmednasha2y wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:04 pm
Stay away from this shitty company.
I have been asking for a return label for a month and today just got charged 200$ for used device.
A new way to rip off customers.
The rep just said the transaction went through and you can do nothing !!! I will dispute this shitty company.Screenshot_20190108-210137_Outlook.jpg
I apologize for that. I am assuming you did not receive your return label?

Would you mind PMing me your customer ID so I can have someone investigate the issue.
Jr. Member
Apr 20, 2011
199 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using with cannet for almost 4 months. No general issues, streaming services, games work fine. However, I have been having issues with skype video calls.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2016
26 posts
1 upvote
As attached you just sent the label last week and I sent you back the device on the same day.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190113-150652_Chrome.jpg
  • 20190113_151144.jpg
Newbie
Nov 12, 2016
26 posts
1 upvote
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:26 am
I apologize for that. I am assuming you did not receive your return label?

Would you mind PMing me your customer ID so I can have someone investigate the issue.
As I mentioned in the previous post, I received the return label and sent you the device back on the same day.
I am waiting for my refund.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)