Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 60m $24.98, 150M $34.98, 300M $44.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
SmoothVelvetSlav wrote:
Nov 14th, 2019 12:12 am
13 days with the 150up/15 down on the ciktel network with rogers backbone..mississauga north

im pretty sure they throttle certain sites during peak hours or i might have a routing error.

every streaming site from twitch to mixer from like 6pm-12am ish everynight cant load it will buffer and play at like 160p

getting reddit to load is a disaster

youtube will load normally can even watch the live section
netflix as well

i have extensively done tests with every site known to man.. testmy.net / fast.com / speedof.me/ http://internethealthtest.org/ during every day//during all peak hours and my speeds have been close to what i am paying for - 10/20mbs sometimes -30mbs on a wired connection during peak load times around8-10

also one day (yestrerday) was the worst but that was rogers cable problem

ive tried different dns's from cloudflare to google, none help, also i am just using there modem/router combo CGN3, dunno if thats the issue.

there are just some sites that have a hard time loading/buffering i am unsure if that is wrong routing done. or just heavily throttled or signs congested service.

also big point. i have past the 150gig download cap basically the first day it truly is unlimited with no cap throttle there

i have flawless internet during the day for the most part, unless rogers **** up and the price of 25$ cant be beat

when evening time comes....certain sites..... if my routing is correct, then they are 100% being throttled

i was on carrytel before switching over, something tells me i shouldve stayed as

@CanNetRFD test my connection please!

also is it heavily advised to run the CGN3 modem in bridge mode and get a decent router?
Please PM your customer account ID so we can start testing your connection.

And yes we do advise to run the CGN3 modem in bridge mode and get a good router.
Nov 12, 2013
20 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SmoothVelvetSlav wrote:
Nov 14th, 2019 12:12 am

also is it heavily advised to run the CGN3 modem in bridge mode and get a decent router?
Personally, that's what I always do with any ISP but to each their own. Of course, it can be said that your network is the issue but if you're finding only certain sites are being throttled, I don't think making changes would yield any meaningful results since it wouldn't address the core issue here. When I was experiencing issues, YouTube and Netflix were buffering frequently and often playing at 480p or lower and general browsing was painfully slow.

For your reference, when I was with them, I used Asus and D-Link routers and then later upgraded to an Ubiquiti Edgerouter X Lite with 2 APs. It didn't make a difference, I was still being throttled. I ultimately left for Rogers since they had a promo in my area.
Oct 20, 2014
111 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Been at 11mpbs for the past 3 days, better then before when it was 4. on the 300 package.

Sep 10, 2017
17 posts
19 upvotes
I have had a pretty good year with them but things have been increasingly terrible the last 4 or so months.

I have troubleshot the absolute balls out of everything - hard reset modem, wire direct to modem, ensure my router isn't the issue, multiple devices used to test, etc.

Speed varies wildly. Reddit is horrible to load (dial up throwbacks every night).

Have reached out to tech support multiple times. The occasions that they have called me, I've been at work and asked for a specific call back time. They haven't once called at the right time. This is starting to impact my wife and I's ability to stream separate shows at the same time.....so now Cannet is threatening my marriage!!! :)

I'm done. Rogers door knocked me last night with 500gb for 49.99 guaranteed for 12 months....

I'll prepare myself for their 'hold music' instead.
So I took the randomly assigned username when I signed up. Never thought this would be my favorite website!!
Nov 12, 2013
20 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
User161697 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 12:48 pm
I have had a pretty good year with them but things have been increasingly terrible the last 4 or so months.

I have troubleshot the absolute balls out of everything - hard reset modem, wire direct to modem, ensure my router isn't the issue, multiple devices used to test, etc.

Speed varies wildly. Reddit is horrible to load (dial up throwbacks every night).

Have reached out to tech support multiple times. The occasions that they have called me, I've been at work and asked for a specific call back time. They haven't once called at the right time. This is starting to impact my wife and I's ability to stream separate shows at the same time.....so now Cannet is threatening my marriage!!! :)

I'm done. Rogers door knocked me last night with 500gb for 49.99 guaranteed for 12 months....

I'll prepare myself for their 'hold music' instead.
YMMV but I was able to get gigabit internet for $60/month (promo for a year) through live chat.
Sep 10, 2017
17 posts
19 upvotes
keinooj wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 12:53 pm
YMMV but I was able to get gigabit internet for $60/month (promo for a year) through live chat.
Actually they offered the gigabit for 54.99, I just wasn't sure I needed that much more speed for the extra $5.......
So I took the randomly assigned username when I signed up. Never thought this would be my favorite website!!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1797 posts
488 upvotes
Montreal
Nightly throttled at <10m, since last week.
I'm on a150 plan.

Oct 10, 2008
11 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Here is my personal experience. For those having speed issues with CanNet (for home internet) I strongly suggest you PM CanNetRFD.

I was at my wits end until I stumbled across this thread and decided to PM CanNetRFD. He responded quickly to my message, CanNet quickly addressed and resolved my speed issue, and a tech / support worker called me within a day to check/follow up. I could not be happier with their service and I'm posting this because I feel like they're getting a bit of a bad rap.

Thanks CanNetRFD for helping to get my internet back to up speed so quickly Thumbs Up Sign
Sep 8, 2011
149 posts
87 upvotes
Quebec
Hi, i just called last friday to get the 100 MB cable plan. I am in montreal on videotron network, and sale guy from cannet says the price is 39.98 $ per month. ? Can you confirm it is 34.98 $ please ? i would like to get that pricing (and so other RFD people would know as well). thanks
Sep 8, 2011
149 posts
87 upvotes
Quebec
CanNetRFD wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 11:39 am
Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. At the moment we have only a 100M plan for $34.98/m for 2 years for people living in Videotron area. No contract, Modem and router included. There is a one-time processing fee of $59.95

Yes we still have 30 day satisfaction guarantee but the processing fee will not be refunded.
Hi, i just called last friday to get the 100 MB cable plan. I am in montreal on videotron network, and sale guy from cannet says the price is 39.98 $ per month. ? Can you confirm it is 34.98 $ please ? i would like to get that pricing (and so other RFD people would know as well). thanks
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
Claudios wrote:
Nov 18th, 2019 1:41 pm
Thanks for reaching out to me. We had a price change for the 100M cable plan on the Videotron network and it has been changed to $39.98/m on Nov 15th. We can make an exception for you since we communicated before Nov 15 to you that the price was $34.98/m

For new customers, unfortunately we have a price increase for 100M plan, $39.98/m

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Sep 8, 2011
149 posts
87 upvotes
Quebec
CanNetRFD wrote:
Nov 18th, 2019 2:41 pm
Thanks for reaching out to me. We had a price change for the 100M cable plan on the Videotron network and it has been changed to $39.98/m on Nov 15th. We can make an exception for you since we communicated before Nov 15 to you that the price was $34.98/m

For new customers, unfortunately we have a price increase for 100M plan, $39.98/m

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Thank you CanNetRFD to honor this pricing for me its appreciated and very good customer service. !
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1357 posts
253 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Just an update on two sites that were not loading or being blocked (see post 2515 and 2519). The first was Simons.ca. It now loads correctly with no errors. The other was http://internethealthtest.org. It still gives errors when I try to run it, but it also gives the same timeout errors when I load it with my cell phone on Rogers network, so it appears this is a problem with the actual web site and not on Cannet's end.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Jul 28, 2018
42 posts
50 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Nov 18th, 2019 2:41 pm

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Hi CannetRFD. My neighbourhood (city of kamloops), offers Fibre and I was trying to get answers regarding whether or not you guys would provide service (50Mb plan for the smoking price of $15). Apparently not, and your 60Mb plan price has now been increased... I had no idea it would change so quickly, can you offer me $25 pricing? Ill sign my dad up too and you will get two accounts. Thanks.