Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75M $29.98, 150M $49.98

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
25044 posts
11342 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 4:36 pm
Why would you get that $35 + 3 months free (75mbps) deal, isn't their $25 (75mbps) better?
That's a new promo that they just introduced.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4036 posts
455 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 4:51 pm
That's a new promo that they just introduced.
When you say new promo, are you referring to the $25/75? Because it's hard to tell, there's no dates on these offers.

Are any of these deals avail right now? Because all 3 still exist on their site (and don't say Expires xxxxxx)

https://www.carrytel.ca/150m.aspx ($40/150)

http://www.carrytel.ca/flyers/ ($25/75)

http://www.carrytel.ca/deals/ ($35/75, 3 months free)

+

Also, i have a Technicolor TC4300, it won't work with Carrytel? I see the sign up page where you pick your modem to bring your own device, it only lists TC4350
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
25044 posts
11342 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 5:05 pm
When you say new promo, are you referring to the $25/75? Because it's hard to tell, there's no dates on these offers.

Are any of these deals avail right now? Because all 3 still exist on their site (and don't say Expires xxxxxx)

https://www.carrytel.ca/150m.aspx ($40/150)

http://www.carrytel.ca/flyers/ ($25/75)

http://www.carrytel.ca/deals/ ($35/75, 3 months free)

+

Also, i have a Technicolor TC4300, it won't work with Carrytel? I see the sign up page where you pick your modem to bring your own device, it only lists TC4350
$35 (3 months free) is an ongoing deal for new customers, but you can't bring your own modem and need to put $49 deposit.
The $25 (12 months) deal, was introduced a few weeks ago.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4036 posts
455 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 7:07 pm
$35 (3 months free) is an ongoing deal for new customers, but you can't bring your own modem and need to put $49 deposit.
The $25 (12 months) deal, was introduced a few weeks ago.
Thanks, 12 months isn't a contract though right? Still pay monthly, cancel anytime?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
25044 posts
11342 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 8:30 pm
Thanks, 12 months isn't a contract though right? Still pay monthly, cancel anytime?
You can cancel at anytime.
Newbie
Oct 16, 2016
11 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
I was using Cannet - Bell connection ( 50mbps) .. For some reason, IPTV and Overall speed was really going terrible around 8pm to 9:30pm. .. was at 1mbps when tested

Now I have switched to Cannet - Roger 150mbps .. Even this one is not working great around this time. I checked speed it was hovering around 2mb to 6mb in peak times.

Once the peak time is over it goes to above 130mbps... Where is the bottleneck :S with cannet or Roger/bell :S ?
Regards,
Sheray
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
871 posts
105 upvotes
Sheray wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 1:57 pm
I was using Cannet - Bell connection ( 50mbps) .. For some reason, IPTV and Overall speed was really going terrible around 8pm to 9:30pm. .. was at 1mbps when tested

Now I have switched to Cannet - Roger 150mbps .. Even this one is not working great around this time. I checked speed it was hovering around 2mb to 6mb in peak times.

Once the peak time is over it goes to above 130mbps... Where is the bottleneck :S with cannet or Roger/bell :S ?
Hi there,

I apologize for the issues you are having.

Do you mind sending me your account number so that I can have someone look into the issues you are having?
Newbie
Oct 16, 2016
11 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
Not an issue. I will log a case today even around 8 pm. Will let you know the outcome.
Regards,
Sheray
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
871 posts
105 upvotes
Sure, if there is anything feel free to reach out or for more technical issues you can also direct them info@cannettel.com That is the email for upper management who looks into issues.
Newbie
Dec 4, 2016
17 posts
2 upvotes
solution so far. good luck

We have checked for you and we don’t see anywhere wrong.



So to measure the speed more accurate, you need to do the following:

1) Connect one computer to the cable modem using wired connection directly;

2) Stop all other applications like download/Video/P2P/Cloud etc;

3) open www.speedtest.net and Select a server close to our network – like Rogers Toronto server;



Pls let me know how it is.



Can-net support
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2008
581 posts
371 upvotes
Ottawa
CanNetRFD wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 1:21 pm
HI there,

It depends on what services are available at your location. If you have Rogers lines running we can offer you 75Mbps for 24.98 monthly.
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/75MLTP

Or if you have Cogeco lines in your home we can offer you 40Mbps for $29.98 monthly or 60Mbps for $39.98 monthly

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/40mc
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/60mc
Check out our promotion pages for more details.

Regards,

CanNetRFD
I am moving into a new development in December. I am currently with CarryTel but they say they cannot offer me service at my new address because Rogers is saying the new infrastructure is full fiber and using a loophole to not allow other ISPs to use their backbone without paying an unaffordable rate.

Tekksavy, start.ca and others all say they cannot offer me service for the same reason, but Cannet says they can. I do not feel confident the people I have asked at Cannet are really verifying my new address, because they only say that Rogers is available so they can provide me service. When I ask them to give me a full refund if I switch to Canntel and then cannot receive service, they say they cannot refund the service fee.

Could you explain to me how Canntel can offer me service, but no one else other 3rd party ISPs can and whether you will promise me a full refund if you cannot provide me with service at my new location?
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
871 posts
105 upvotes
Dhajjs wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:21 am
solution so far. good luck

We have checked for you and we don’t see anywhere wrong.



So to measure the speed more accurate, you need to do the following:

1) Connect one computer to the cable modem using wired connection directly;

2) Stop all other applications like download/Video/P2P/Cloud etc;

3) open www.speedtest.net and Select a server close to our network – like Rogers Toronto server;



Pls let me know how it is.



Can-net support
Sent you PM back
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
871 posts
105 upvotes
voodoo22 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 3:42 pm
I am moving into a new development in December. I am currently with CarryTel but they say they cannot offer me service at my new address because Rogers is saying the new infrastructure is full fiber and using a loophole to not allow other ISPs to use their backbone without paying an unaffordable rate.

Tekksavy, start.ca and others all say they cannot offer me service for the same reason, but Cannet says they can. I do not feel confident the people I have asked at Cannet are really verifying my new address, because they only say that Rogers is available so they can provide me service. When I ask them to give me a full refund if I switch to Canntel and then cannot receive service, they say they cannot refund the service fee.

Could you explain to me how Canntel can offer me service, but no one else other 3rd party ISPs can and whether you will promise me a full refund if you cannot provide me with service at my new location?
Who did you speak to that said we can you offer service while all the other TPIAs cannot? If you don't mind can you PM me your address so I can have someone double check to see if service is available. As far as I know most of the time we should not be able to offer service in such a situation. I just want to be thorough.
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2008
581 posts
371 upvotes
Ottawa
CanNetRFD wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 4:29 pm
Who did you speak to that said we can you offer service while all the other TPIAs cannot? If you don't mind can you PM me your address so I can have someone double check to see if service is available. As far as I know most of the time we should not be able to offer service in such a situation. I just want to be thorough.
Thank you for being thorough. I PM'd you.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2018
1 posts
Would it be possible for you to PM me? I want to confirm that it is possible to get CanNet for the new place I just purchased.

Top