Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
942 posts
113 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: As Cannet promised, my installation fee just got credited on my 2nd invoice since they missed in the 1st one
Glad to hear it :) How are you liking the service thus far?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
942 posts
113 upvotes
Gebraroest wrote: Hi CanNet representative, It's been 7 hours since Rogers hooked up our modem, I've called technical support and after 50min hold was told everything should be working. We still don't have internet at our house, could you look into it for us?
Of course, please PM your account details :)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
942 posts
113 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: Hi Cannet,

I am trying to return the modem/router to you but I have not received a packing slip for it yet. Does this take a few business days?
Our shipping department, along with Canada Post are not operational over the weekend, please PM your account info and I will look into it for you.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
942 posts
113 upvotes
sunnyinon wrote: After going through the same troubleshooting steps again on the phone, which just asks me to run speedtest.net, I'm getting nowhere with technical support.
On peak hours I don't get consistent speed (as low as 7Mbps). On the other hand I get 150 Mbps consistently during off-peak hours.
Here are all the tests done on my laptop wired to the modem directly (so no other traffic):

image.pngimage (1).pngimage (2).png
Have you seen any improvements?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4723 posts
2299 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Glad to hear it :) How are you liking the service thus far?
So far no issue. We are light users watching you tubes/kodi here and there. There were some slowdowns during peak hours but not significant enough to be noticed. Actually, there was one time I downloaded some large file (>5GB) from newsgroup from my laptop (2.4G connection WIFI to my AC Router) and there were some brief moments the speed went over 80Mbps :). Not sure how that could be possible as I have 75M but the download was completed very quickly to my surprise
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
Busta wrote: I honestly don't get what your deal is man... you dont need to chime in
And this is not for you to decide.

I was a Cannet customer, and moved on. Every other provider is their competitor, so you can say I moved to the competitor, not Carrytel though. My deal is to explain new subscribers here that Cannet low price high speed offer may be misleading. Many people don't understand how exactly they can be misled from tech standpoint, and I explained it in detail posts - just search. Also I provided plenty of install troubleshooting info that Cannet rep refuses to provide masking instead by quick fix promises he's unable to keep - due to their business model broadly criticized for years by many unhappy customers. Unfortunately, I can't help these folks get the speeds they pay for, but can explain why their speeds are so low at prime time - and that prevents new subscribers to become new victims of fraud. No-one stops them, but people have the right to know what the real deal is. And this is not Cannet ad thread, everyone is invited to share their opinions, knowledge, and experiences, not only Cannet current customers. Including you, but not about other forum members - its prohibited by the rules, but about this service.

On this forum we talk about deals - good and bad. And not only by pure price, but also by value. So Cannet offer carries some value, many discover and share here it turns to be bad value. Other - mostly so far eyeing the offer say it might be a good value for some. And it might, if you use inet mostly off pick. So we share opinions here if its good, mediocre, or bad value regardless of price. And everyone is invited. Don't fool yourself - you can't help people experiencing sharp slowdowns at prime time. All you can do - share your experience here. And that's exactly what this forum is for. Its not a tech support forum - we talk about deals here. And btw I don't get it why the Cannet rep tries to convert it to an ad and fake tech support spot without paying fee for that to RFD like all other advertisers do, instead of setting up their own company support forum. It gives Cannet unfair advantage compare to other inet providers who do not abuse this forum with free ad campaigns and fake ongoing tech support bluff.
Last edited by sambul92 on Sep 18th, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 6, 2006
348 posts
161 upvotes
sambul92 wrote: And this is not for you to decide.

I was a Cannet customer, and moved on. Every other provider is their competitor, so you can say I moved to the competitor, not Carrytel though. My deal is to explain new subscribers here that Cannet low price high speed offer may be misleading. Many people don't understand how exactly they can be misled from tech standpoint, and I explained it in detail posts - just search. Also I provided plenty of install troubleshooting info that Cannet rep refuses to provide masking instead by quick fix promises he's unable to keep - due to their business model broadly criticized for years by many unhappy customers. Unfortunately, I can't help these folks get the speeds they pay for, but can explain why their speeds are so low at prime time - and that prevents new subscribers to become new victims of fraud. No-one stops them, but people have the right to know what the real deal is. And this is not Cannet ad thread, everyone is invited to share their opinions, knowledge, and experiences, not only Cannet current customers. Including you, but not about other forum members - its prohibited by the rules, but about this service.

On this forum we talk about deals - good and bad. And not only by pure price, but also by value. So Cannet offer carries some value, many discover and share here it turns to be bad value. Other - mostly so far eyeing the offer say it might be a good value for some. And it might, if you use inet mostly off pick. So we share opinions here if its good, mediocre, or bad value regardless of price. And everyone is invited. Don't fool yourself - you can't help people experiencing sharp slowdowns at prime time. All you can do - share your experience here. And that's exactly what this forum is for. Its not a tech support forum - we talk about deals here.
And I will be the first to agree with you on what you said there.. but from where I am sitting and reading, you are constantly bashing and adding fuel to the fire of people who might be experiencing trouble from the service. For sure its not for me to decide, but it is up to me to express my view on how you sound on this thread. If you continue to comment as you are, it will not affect me whatsoever. But it doesn't need to be like that, that's all i tried to say. But heyyyy.. its a free world we live in and all the power to you.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
Busta wrote: adding fuel to the fire
Attempting to stop ongoing misleading offers by explaining them to new potential and current subscribers. If you believe this offer may be fraudulent its our civil obligation to share our thoughts here. Many do. If you don't - I don't have a problem with it. Now point, exactly in what tech aspects of this deal I was wrong?
Oct 5, 2011
35 posts
Scarborough
Signed up for the 75Mbps plan on Saturday. However, I didn't get exactly what's posted in this thread or even on their website. They are now offering a newer Wireless Modem at $9.98/month, plus you have to deposit $100 (refundable) for it at signup. The sales guy said that the website hasn't been updated yet, but the previous option of a Wireless modem at $6.98/month is not available any more. I was disappointed a little bit, but ended up signing for it anyway. The worst part is that it'll take 7 days for the order to be processed and installation to be completed.

Is everybody else who's signed up recently got the same modem option?

Does anybody know how good the modem is? How good is the Wi-Fi? I was thinking of changing to a wired modem and getting my own Wi-Fi router. What do people suggest?
Oct 5, 2011
35 posts
Scarborough
Don't remember as there was no other choice, so didn't care! But just checked my order confirmation e-mail, and I can see TC_DPC3848V written in one corner. So is it the Cisco DPC3848V? How is it performance, both as a modem and for Wi-Fi?
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
I don't have personal experience with it, but prefer bridge mode anyway with basic modem and own router. This modem is way too costly if you ask me, but Cannet run out of TC modems that are quite popular now with every provider.

Look at user experience here: Cisco DPC3848V Issues
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
942 posts
113 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: So far no issue. We are light users watching you tubes/kodi here and there. There were some slowdowns during peak hours but not significant enough to be noticed. Actually, there was one time I downloaded some large file (>5GB) from newsgroup from my laptop (2.4G connection WIFI to my AC Router) and there were some brief moments the speed went over 80Mbps :). Not sure how that could be possible as I have 75M but the download was completed very quickly to my surprise
If there is every something to you want to to investigate for you please just let me know. I'm here to help.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
942 posts
113 upvotes
umariqbal wrote: Don't remember as there was no other choice, so didn't care! But just checked my order confirmation e-mail, and I can see TC_DPC3848V written in one corner. So is it the Cisco DPC3848V? How is it performance, both as a modem and for Wi-Fi?
We are carrying the TC_DPC3848V
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
umariqbal wrote: Don't remember as there was no other choice, so didn't care! But just checked my order confirmation e-mail, and I can see TC_DPC3848V written in one corner. So is it the Cisco DPC3848V? How is it performance, both as a modem and for Wi-Fi?
I'm not sure if it is actually newer, but it seems to me that they have just jacked up the price for $5 per month if you want wireless and $100 deposit seems bad.
The wifi modem is decent, not outstanding. Good for apartment but not so much for house

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)