Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: @CanNetRFD

How long is the warranty on Modem for people who purchased them?
There is a lifetime warranty on all hardware; as long as it is not physically damaged and you are still with the company :)
Sep 13, 2008
391 posts
74 upvotes
Has anyone been using the SmartRG 804N wireless modem from CanNet? Is it possible to put this modem into bridge mode?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1262 posts
816 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Signed up for the 100M plan for $40 and bought the wired modem for $99

I have a couple of 802.11n wireless routers that I can use for access points but am looking for recommendations for a cheap dual band router/ap
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
Nov 28, 2016
58 posts
74 upvotes
FOR THOSE OF YOU WONDERING WHERE I'M LOCATED, I'M AT YONGE AND EGLINTON DOWNTOWN TORONTO.
I've been on the 75/10 plan for two weeks now. Speed is just as advertised, and so is the upload speed. the only problem I'm facing right now is the consistency of the internet. I'm not sure why this is h LGappening, but everytime I'm not on a device(ie phone or laptop or tv) the internet just disappears. My family and I use fongo(VoIp) right now, and all of us now are not able to receive any calls when we are not on the phone. So I called customer service, then got transfered to tech support. He didn't help me at all and explained to me that if the speed is fine, the whole internet service should be as well, which wasn't the case. I admitted the speed was awesome but if the signal isn't consistent, it's of no use. I don't know if he understood what I said, but he said I could talk to customer service for other options if i wanted because there was nothing he could do.

A day has passed since then, still cannot receive any calls over wifi, I'm very frustrated at this situation because i had to ditch my previous provider for this, just because im saving a couple bucks. I'm planning to set up again with my previous provider and cancel asap.

So my conclusion for cannet is, don't get this service in downtown toronto, as i cannot say anything about uptown or anywhere else. Speeds are good, price is awesome, but customer service and consistency of the internet is awful.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1562 posts
292 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: It's a new plan. Please call one of our agents; numbers are listed on the first page. They will have more detailed plan pricing and descriptions :)
Is the Cable 25M plan activation fee of $29.95 credited back as well according to info on post #1 or just other Cable plans?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
redflagged2006 wrote: Is the Cable 25M plan activation fee of $29.95 credited back as well according to info on post #1 or just other Cable plans?
The $29.95 install fee will only be credited back on the 100M plan, since our new promotions have been posted.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1547 posts
50 upvotes
ON
Switched from ebox a couple of months ago. Had the 30/5 ebox plan... ebox has great customer support and internet was consistent at max speeds. Now with Cannet on 100/10 using their wired modem. A few hiccups at installation due to misunderstandings (i.e. their 'executives' aka customer support did not know how to explain the installation options and kept canceling my order). Once solved, I received the modem and installed it myself. The speed stays at 100/10 throughout the day. Never had an issue with the quality of service in my area K-W.
Payment works similar to ebox.
2nd mth paid $16.96 incl tax, after $29+tx credit applied.
Reg. pmt of $50.80/mth incl tax (wired modem rental included).
leonheartx wrote: Anyone here switched from EBOX have a review of their experience?
I am currently on ebox 30/5 plan paying 60 bucks a month and this seems like a great deal for 100/10.
I'd also like to know regarding the payment method for this service -- is it similar to ebox where I can link my bank account and then have them charge me at the start of each period?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1404 posts
286 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I live in Burlington (Cogeco land) and I've had CanNet 60/10 service since March/2017. First month was good during the day, but at peak times was very slow, around 5-6Mbps down. I emailed CanNet and they were fast to respond (don't bother with the call center, usually get someone reading off a script and they have no clue about the service). CanNet replied saying they were aware of the slow issues and were going to add capacity in my area and it would be done in about three weeks. Since that time the speeds have been as advertised during the day and at peak times. I have had no outages with them and have been very happy. I say give them a try, and at least you have the free trial, and even after that you can switch to ebox/start/carrytel, etc. without penalty.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1030 posts
238 upvotes
Richmond Hill
thegradas wrote: Switched from ebox a couple of months ago. Had the 30/5 ebox plan... ebox has great customer support and internet was consistent at max speeds. Now with Cannet on 100/10 using their wired modem. A few hiccups at installation due to misunderstandings (i.e. their 'executives' aka customer support did not know how to explain the installation options and kept canceling my order). Once solved, I received the modem and installed it myself. The speed stays at 100/10 throughout the day. Never had an issue with the quality of service in my area K-W.
Payment works similar to ebox.
2nd mth paid $16.96 incl tax, after $29+tx credit applied.
Reg. pmt of $50.80/mth incl tax (wired modem rental included).
Thanks! this sounds promising. I'll look into how to best transition my current plan to the new one so I can avoid days without internet :D
Oct 3, 2005
450 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
what about the 150 mb service, what is the deadline for this plan?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1825 posts
542 upvotes
Ottawa
knight wrote: what about the 150 mb service, what is the deadline for this plan?
No deadline for 25/ 75 / 150m plan yet, as I heard.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Feb 12, 2007
320 posts
42 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: The $29.95 install fee will only be credited back on the 100M plan, since our new promotions have been posted.
Thanks for the reply but I am very surprised to hear that! See the first post in the first page of this thread:

"Free installation: You are charged an upfront fee of $29.95, which is automatically credited back to you on your first invoice
10 Days Full money back Guarantee if you're not happy for any reason
Unlimited usage, no credit check, no contract"

It does not say anything that it is only applied to 100M plan.

I just signed up with the 25M plan on Tuesday. Can you please double check, @CanNetRFD? Thank you very much!

P.S. I signed up online. I did call sales since I had many questions, but the CSR promised to call me back in "10-15 min" because he was busy. Then i waited the whole day nobody called me. Not a big deal but kind of upset with the customer service.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
flyboy320 wrote: I live in Burlington (Cogeco land) and I've had CanNet 60/10 service since March/2017. First month was good during the day, but at peak times was very slow, around 5-6Mbps down. I emailed CanNet and they were fast to respond (don't bother with the call center, usually get someone reading off a script and they have no clue about the service). CanNet replied saying they were aware of the slow issues and were going to add capacity in my area and it would be done in about three weeks. Since that time the speeds have been as advertised during the day and at peak times. I have had no outages with them and have been very happy. I say give them a try, and at least you have the free trial, and even after that you can switch to ebox/start/carrytel, etc. without penalty.
Thank you for your loyalty :)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
leonheartx wrote: Thanks! this sounds promising. I'll look into how to best transition my current plan to the new one so I can avoid days without internet :D
Try to arrange your installation date to be the same day as your cancellation date with your current provider; that way it is a seamless transition and you don't have to go with out internet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)