Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
943 posts
114 upvotes
Pinaki wrote: I have been using this for last 3 weeks - the speed is pathetic on a Sunday evening I can't even get 10% of the advertised speed. Cancelling it obviously.

This is a bit frustrating as I paid $100+ as deposit for their suggested modem.
I apologize for the issues you are having.
Did you try troubleshooting with our technicians? Do you mind PMing me your customer ID so I can escalate the issue for you. What plan are you on?
You can always send speedtest results over a wired connection, while rebooting your modem to info@cannettel.com as well
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
943 posts
114 upvotes
darXider wrote: @CanNetRFD do you have any deals for Montreal (downtown area)?
Hi there,

If you live in Videotron service area we have the following plans available:
  • 15M/10M plan for $29.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $39.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental , No contract, unlimited usage
  • 30M/10M plan for $39.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $49.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental , No contract, unlimited usage
  • 60M/10M plan for $59.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $69.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental, No contract, unlimited usage
  • 120M/20M plan for $79.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $89.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental, No contract, unlimited usage
Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
943 posts
114 upvotes
Double_J wrote: They have been to my house, changed my modem, upgraded stuff in the box. When it goes down at my house my wife checks Facebook and friends in the area are impacted as well. I call in and the rep usually admits to an area outage again.
I am sorry to hear that. That sounds very frustrating when there are outages frequently. No other than ISP than Rogers can do anything about it. If you keep having trouble with Cable Internet and you have Bell lines running in your home you can consider switching to our 50Mbps DSL plan for $29.98 monthly.
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x50fttn
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2094 posts
180 upvotes
Kitchener
CanNetRFD wrote: I am sorry to hear that. That sounds very frustrating when there are outages frequently. No other than ISP than Rogers can do anything about it. If you keep having trouble with Cable Internet and you have Bell lines running in your home you can consider switching to our 50Mbps DSL plan for $29.98 monthly.
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x50fttn
I like the price but I currently have 150Mbps with rogers. That's a significant drop :(

Do you offer anything more comparable?
Member
Sep 10, 2016
202 posts
31 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: I apologize for the issues you are having.
Did you try troubleshooting with our technicians? Do you mind PMing me your customer ID so I can escalate the issue for you. What plan are you on?
You can always send speedtest results over a wired connection, while rebooting your modem to info@cannettel.com as well
Yes I did - they said there is some local problem and will be fixed in Feb. I had Bell connection for 2.5 years in this address and never faced this issue.

Sorry please don't try to confuse me by beating round the bush - your services are substandard and hold little value. Now please go and confuse someone else.
Thanks
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
943 posts
114 upvotes
Double_J wrote: I like the price but I currently have 150Mbps with rogers. That's a significant drop :(

Do you offer anything more comparable?
Unfortunately that is the maximum speed available on DSL connnection. We have higher speeds with the cable connections but it is on Rogers lines, which is of no use to you.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
943 posts
114 upvotes
Pinaki wrote: Yes I did - they said there is some local problem and will be fixed in Feb. I had Bell connection for 2.5 years in this address and never faced this issue.

Sorry please don't try to confuse me by beating round the bush - your services are substandard and hold little value. Now please go and confuse someone else.
Thanks
I am sorry you feel that way. I am not trying to beat around the bush or trying to confuse anyone.

Even though I am not a technician I am always looking into every issue and trying to learn to improve our services. I always try to make sure issues are forwarded towards the people who are more knowledgeable or technical to solve them.

Again I apologize for the issues you have faced.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Newbie
Jun 9, 2007
22 posts
Markham
How is the speed and stability in Markham (16th Ave & Markham Rd)? Any feedback is much appreciated!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1107 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
allforone wrote: How is the speed and stability in Markham (16th Ave & Markham Rd)? Any feedback is much appreciated!
I live pretty close to you, steeles & kennedy and I get anywhere from 10mbps to 40mbps to 75mbps depending on time of day and day of the week. I came from the 5mbps plan from Teksavvy so I reckon I'm still ahead. YMMV with Cannet but no complaints for a no frills cable company
Newbie
Jun 9, 2007
22 posts
Markham
forevergone wrote: I live pretty close to you, steeles & kennedy and I get anywhere from 10mbps to 40mbps to 75mbps depending on time of day and day of the week. I came from the 5mbps plan from Teksavvy so I reckon I'm still ahead. YMMV with Cannet but no complaints for a no frills cable company
Thank you very much.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
943 posts
114 upvotes
1337 wrote: Hi @CanNetRFD

Can I bring in dpc3848v from teksavvy? Thanks.
Yes for our cable plans that is a supported modem. You would have to call in though to sign up.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Sr. Member
Sep 21, 2015
516 posts
180 upvotes
London, ON
Anyone using / have an opinion on Cannet speeds and stability in London, Ontario? I'm currently with Rogers with a 100% stable/full speeds gigabit connection = Good wiring.
Sr. Member
May 6, 2007
802 posts
1 upvote
Currently with no internet provider and Cable TV is now cancelled. Anyone have insights on the best service to go with right now? Not looking to break the bank but also not looking to spend more than $50+tax a month and prefer 75+ since my building sometimes gets throttled during peak times.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)