Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2613 posts
1193 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Are you talking about our Rogers plans: https://www.cannettel.com/Plan/Cable for Ontario?

1. Download speed up to 75 Mbps; Upload speed up to 10 Mbps.
First two year price will be $39.98 afterwards $49.98 monthly plus taxes.

2. Download speed up to 150 Mbps; Upload speed up to 15 Mbps.
First two year price will be $49.98 afterwards $59.98 monthly plus taxes.

3. Download speed up to 300 Mbps; Upload speed up to 20 Mbps.
First two year price will be $69.98 afterwards $79.98 monthly plus taxes.

yes, rogers plans, and this is on thread summary

Thread Summary
75M /10M Cable internet ONLY $29.98 monthly with the following features:

75Mbps Download speeds
10Mbps Upload Speeds
Unlimited usage, with no restrictions
First year $29.98/m; afterwards $34.98/m
No Contract
No Credit Check
Wi-Fi Modem Included
Processing fee with shipping fee included $39.90*
30 Days Extended warranty**
BYOD option available***

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/75MNY
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2012
641 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah im looking for the 29.98 per month as well! I hope it's still available!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2613 posts
1193 upvotes
why do you charge an extra $5 for a wifi modem when everyone else offers that in the monthly price now?
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2012
641 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
zzzz24 wrote: why do you charge an extra $5 for a wifi modem when everyone else offers that in the monthly price now?
6. Wired device Rental :- $0 (Original price $6.98)

7. Wireless device (upon request and agree to pay addition rental on top of the plan price) Rental :- $5

What does wireless device and wired difference? o.O are they talking about the modem?
Sr. Member
Jan 13, 2017
696 posts
298 upvotes
Does anybody know if there is internet service in Durham region? Somehow I am on the Cannet website and it says there is no service in my area.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote: yes, rogers plans, and this is on thread summary

Thread Summary
75M /10M Cable internet ONLY $29.98 monthly with the following features:

75Mbps Download speeds
10Mbps Upload Speeds
Unlimited usage, with no restrictions
First year $29.98/m; afterwards $34.98/m
No Contract
No Credit Check
Wi-Fi Modem Included
Processing fee with shipping fee included $39.90*
30 Days Extended warranty**
BYOD option available***

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/75MNY
That plan is old from last year. The prices should have been updated. I shall see if I can have it updated. I apologize if people have been confused by the opening post.

The prices right now are:
1. Download speed up to 75 Mbps; Upload speed up to 10 Mbps.
First two year price will be $39.98 afterwards $49.98 monthly plus taxes.

2. Download speed up to 150 Mbps; Upload speed up to 15 Mbps.
First two year price will be $49.98 afterwards $59.98 monthly plus taxes.

3. Download speed up to 300 Mbps; Upload speed up to 20 Mbps.
First two year price will be $69.98 afterwards $79.98 monthly plus taxes.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
misterlamed wrote: 6. Wired device Rental :- $0 (Original price $6.98)

7. Wireless device (upon request and agree to pay addition rental on top of the plan price) Rental :- $5

What does wireless device and wired difference? o.O are they talking about the modem?
My bad that should have been clearer on our website. Wired device refers to the cable modem and the wireless device is a router.

A lot of people had issues with the provisioned modems before, so management had decided to give out wired modems. Customers can use their own router for wifi or rent one from us.

We noticed a lot of people who order internet services from us often prefer to use their own router.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
Dragonrana2 wrote: Does anybody know if there is internet service in Durham region? Somehow I am on the Cannet website and it says there is no service in my area.
You can PM me your address and I can check what plans are available for you or you can call in and one of our representatives will help you check.
Sr. Member
Jan 13, 2017
696 posts
298 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: You can PM me your address and I can check what plans are available for you or you can call in and one of our representatives will help you check.
PM sent
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2012
641 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote: My bad that should have been clearer on our website. Wired device refers to the cable modem and the wireless device is a router.

A lot of people had issues with the provisioned modems before, so management had decided to give out wired modems. Customers can use their own router for wifi or rent one from us.

We noticed a lot of people who order internet services from us often prefer to use their own router.
So your modem isn’t like the ones from Rogers which offers wifi?
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
misterlamed wrote: So your modem isn’t like the ones from Rogers which offers wifi?
Unfortunately we do not have the exact same modem as Rogers.
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2012
641 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote: Unfortunately we do not have the exact same modem as Rogers.
I understand that, so the modem that comes for free can only connect it through a wire. its not a Modem/Router in one?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1082 posts
481 upvotes
Ottawa
CanNetRFD wrote: Unfortunately we do not have the exact same modem as Rogers.
How many ports does your wired modem have?
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
misterlamed wrote: I understand that, so the modem that comes for free can only connect it through a wire. its not a Modem/Router in one?
Yes that is correct.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
yow2kvil wrote: How many ports does your wired modem have?
I believe our CDA3-35 has only one port for the Rogers area cable plans.
Newbie
Mar 8, 2015
63 posts
41 upvotes
North York, ON
Anybody seeing a significant drop in speeds late in the evening i.e. around 11:15pm or so? seems to have happened to me a few times in the last week or so. Weird cause you'd think most people would be going to bed by then...
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2010
778 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
it's too bad their cogeco network equivalent plans aren't as good with the 40, 60 and 120MBPS and pricing is higher as well.
Member
Mar 31, 2017
249 posts
234 upvotes
tvfan2014 wrote: Anybody seeing a significant drop in speeds late in the evening i.e. around 11:15pm or so? seems to have happened to me a few times in the last week or so. Weird cause you'd think most people would be going to bed by then...
Speeds are being dropped up to 1mbps on wifi throughout the day intermittently when I check speed on OKLA(Except morning) on my 300mbps plan. It is reflecting on my web surfing, pages are not being loaded . But Luckily Cannet is not throttling Speedtest.cannettel.com site so Cannet can prove that you are getting the speed what you deserve.
Also I feel that they are completely cutting off internet if you use certain GB’s in very short time when speed is good.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4434 posts
3489 upvotes
Just did speedtest on cannet in Markham
Images
  • Screenshot_20200522-232803_Speedtest.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200522-232751_Chrome.jpg

Top