Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
ShirleyYouCantBeSerious wrote: I live in Cogeco land (Peterborough). Originally tried to sign up with Carrytel. When they called to confirm everything the phone rep said they were unable to provide service because Cogeco would not let them use the line?? They cancelled the modem shipment and I was not charged but it seemed pretty 'monopolizing' to me? Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

I was impressed with the RFD plan (found the cogeco version in the thread) and the service from @CanNetRFD so will be trying them. Got the modem yesterday and the plan is to switch on July 6. Hopefully no surprises about Cogeco blocking the lines!
Thank you for choosing CanNet. If you have any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to me.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Dec 30, 2015
77 posts
47 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thank you for your quick answer.

One more question please, can we get a CanNet email too?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
Jani7777777 wrote: Thank you for your quick answer.

One more question please, can we get a CanNet email too?
Unfortunately, we don't offer email IDs for customers. Hopefully, we will be able to do this in the near future.
Feb 3, 2011
216 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary
CanNetRFD wrote: Hi there,

I just got the word that this plan is going to end on the last day of June. Starting July 1st this plan will not be available anymore and will probably be replaced with a different promotion.

We are able to hold this plan for 60 days maximum for you, you can sign up using our promotion page and put the activation date on your preferred date or you can call in to sign up for this plan to be activated at a later date.
The rep today told me that it's till the end of July, and I could only have the activation out a month, so I can't do 2 months :s
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1269 posts
1705 upvotes
The technician came today to do the install but still no internet access with Cannet. I tried calling ( on hold for 36 minutes before hanging up) and live chat ( could not connect). No support today ?
Oct 31, 2006
127 posts
24 upvotes
This company is a joke. Avoid cannettel. Avoid CIK Telecom, Cannettel are just resellers of CIK Telecom who are using the unwanted shitty CGN3 modems hence its cheap.

They are selling cheap internet service because the CGN3 modems dont work properly. My internet disconnects every two hours and to get the internet working again you have to reboot the modem and wait 5 minutes while it starts up everything. I have been complaining for months now. They have replaced the modem twice with the same CGN3 modem. It didnt solve anything. Then they sent in a technician to boost the signal in my condo. The problem got worse. I have been talking to these **** monkeys for months and its just a joke at this point.

They throttle the internet heavily getting 5mbps, off hours usually get 40-50 mbps.

Save yourself the pain and go with someone else.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
6060842 wrote: The technician came today to do the install but still no internet access with Cannet. I tried calling ( on hold for 36 minutes before hanging up) and live chat ( could not connect). No support today ?
Hi there,

Our call centres work 24/7. Were you able to reach them? if not please forward me your order number and I will have someone follow-up with you.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
sl___ wrote: The rep today told me that it's till the end of July, and I could only have the activation out a month, so I can't do 2 months :s
Hi there,
I apologize for the confusion as I just got news myself.

I asked and for regular plans and promotions, we do have a 60 days hold. But sometimes for special promotions, we can only hold them for 30 days. Please PM me your phone number and I will have one of our senior staff members to follow up with you.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1269 posts
1705 upvotes

Our call centres work 24/7. Were you able to reach them? if not please forward me your order number and I will have someone follow-up with you.
Has already been taken care of thanks. I sent an email the next day and a CS supervisor got in touch minutes later and activated my modem. I don't ever recall having to contact any previous provider to get them to activate. Unless my circumstance was unusual it makes sense to me to inform new customers of this procedure in advance so as they don't waste an hour or two of their time trying to troubleshoot a modem that hasn't been activated.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
6060842 wrote: Has already been taken care of thanks. I sent an email the next day and a CS supervisor got in touch minutes later and activated my modem. I don't ever recall having to contact any previous provider to get them to activate. Unless my circumstance was unusual it makes sense to me to inform new customers of this procedure in advance so as they don't waste an hour or two of their time trying to troubleshoot a modem that hasn't been activated.
I really apologize for that issue. I will look into that with the team. I do think that your case was an exception. Normally when we put in the order for activation with Rogers/Bell/ Cogeco etc everything should sync and activate once the technician has done his job.
Aug 19, 2013
315 posts
274 upvotes
Etobicoke
Can anyone give me a clarification? I have FIDO 60/10 at this moment. I want to signup for CanNet 75/10 plan but also want to keep the FIDO plan until the new plan is activated and verified. Is that possible? I work from home and can't afford any downtime.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
onebuddy wrote: Can anyone give me a clarification? I have FIDO 60/10 at this moment. I want to signup for CanNet 75/10 plan but also want to keep the FIDO plan until the new plan is activated and verified. Is that possible? I work from home and can't afford any downtime.
Hi there,

We have 2 options for most customers

1.) Transfer of services: We would require disconnection date and code from your current ISP (FIDO) and with a time gap of 10 to 15 days. There will not be any interruptions once transfer confirmed from Rogers after you have submitted the order with us.

2.) New Installation of 2nd Line: We can install a 2nd line if you are living in a house. You would have to cancel current ISP by yourself later. (By keeping 2 lines, you have to understand you need pay for both FIDO and Cannet services simultaneously until you cancel one)

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Aug 19, 2013
315 posts
274 upvotes
Etobicoke

We have 2 options for most customers

1.) Transfer of services: We would require disconnection date and code from your current ISP (FIDO) and with a time gap of 10 to 15 days. There will not be any interruptions once transfer confirmed from Rogers after you have submitted the order with us.

2.) New Installation of 2nd Line: We can install a 2nd line if you are living in a house. You would have to cancel current ISP by yourself later. (By keeping 2 lines, you have to understand you need pay for both FIDO and Cannet services simultaneously until you cancel one)

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Option 2 is much better for me. Thanks a lot.
Nov 28, 2007
398 posts
154 upvotes
EDIT:

Have to give to CanNet, after raising my concern in this thread they had rectified the issue and returned the $$$ charged for the modem which I did in fact mailed back to them. I hope they are able to solve the issue with Canada Post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would avoid CanNet by all costs.

Was their customer for about a year, as many reported, the connection became extremely unstable and the speeds would drop dramatically.
Canceled my service in late April, cancellation went ok, the rep had sent me prepaid shipping label to send back their modem.

Fast forward a week ago, I get an invoice from them for $198!!!! The invoice is for the modem they're claiming to have never received. This charge was never authorized and they proceeded with charge anyways!
I had shipped it out a few days after the cancellation whilst using the prepaid shipping label provided by Cannet.

Trying to resolve the matter with Customer service is a nightmare, their reps are all based in India and keep telling me that their office have never received the package, my question is how they know that while being physically thousands of kilometers away. When asked to be transferred to a supervisor, it feels like they transfer me to they buddy sitting beside them who are even less helpful. They simply do not care about my concern and explanation, period, when asked to have someone call me from the head office in Toronto, I once again received a call from a rep in India pretending they are from Toronto.

I've contacted Canada Post both at the location where I mailed the modem and their customer support number. They reps tell me that the tracking number on the prepaid shipping label is faulty, it shows nothing in their system, even if I had not shipped any package using that label, they would still have a record in their internal system saying that shipping label was created but not used. The tracking number on the Cannet prepaid shipping label shows as incorrect, Canada post Rep was actually surprised by that. When I relay that information to the Rep, they simply fail to acknowledge it and keep telling me that when they track the number online it doesn't display anything.

Therefore, if you do cancel, I suggest that you physically bring the modem to their office, or keep the receipt. My account was charged two months after I had shipped the modem and unfortunately didn't have the receipt saved.
Last edited by valerka on Jul 12th, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
valerka wrote: I would avoid CanNet by all costs.

Was their customer for about a year, as many reported, the connection became extremely unstable and the speeds would drop dramatically.
Canceled my service in late April, cancellation went ok, the rep had sent me prepaid shipping label to send back their modem.

Fast forward a week ago, I get an invoice from them for $198!!!! The invoice is for the modem they're claiming to have never received. This charge was never authorized and they proceeded with charge anyways!
I had shipped it out a few days after the cancellation whilst using the prepaid shipping label provided by Cannet.

Trying to resolve the matter with Customer service is a nightmare, their reps are all based in India and keep telling me that their office have never received the package, my question is how they know that while being physically thousands of kilometers away. When asked to be transferred to a supervisor, it feels like they transfer me to they buddy sitting beside them who are even less helpful. They simply do not care about my concern and explanation, period, when asked to have someone call me from the head office in Toronto, I once again received a call from a rep in India pretending they are from Toronto.

I've contacted Canada Post both at the location where I mailed the modem and their customer support number. They reps tell me that the tracking number on the prepaid shipping label is faulty, it shows nothing in their system, even if I had not shipped any package using that label, they would still have a record in their internal system saying that shipping label was created but not used. The tracking number on the Cannet prepaid shipping label shows as incorrect, Canada post Rep was actually surprised by that. When I relay that information to the Rep, they simply fail to acknowledge it and keep telling me that when they track the number online it doesn't display anything.

Therefore, if you do cancel, I suggest that you physically bring the modem to their office, or keep the receipt. My account was charged two months after I had shipped the modem and unfortunately didn't have the receipt saved.
I am terribly sorry for the trouble you are having. I also apologize in this case that I cannot be of more help to you. I have just checked your case and you were in touch with our manager and we have already started an investigation for your case. We are investigating with Canada Post to see if they might have lost the package. If that is the case you would be fully refunded for the modem fee.

The reason we know that we did not receive the modem is that we scan every device that gets sent back to our office. Once scanned, the item is in our system. Our manager who is in touch with you is situated in the Toronto Office at 200 Consumers Rd. Just because she might have a slight Indian accent, does not mean she is currently in India. Our local employees have various backgrounds and show the diversity of Toronto.

I know you are upset and it is totally understandable because it is a lot of money, but our team is doing our best trying to get to the bottom of this issue for you.

Sincerely,

CanNetRFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

krs