Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
valerka wrote: I would avoid CanNet by all costs.

Was their customer for about a year, as many reported, the connection became extremely unstable and the speeds would drop dramatically.
Canceled my service in late April, cancellation went ok, the rep had sent me prepaid shipping label to send back their modem.

Fast forward a week ago, I get an invoice from them for $198!!!! The invoice is for the modem they're claiming to have never received. This charge was never authorized and they proceeded with charge anyways!
I had shipped it out a few days after the cancellation whilst using the prepaid shipping label provided by Cannet.

Trying to resolve the matter with Customer service is a nightmare, their reps are all based in India and keep telling me that their office have never received the package, my question is how they know that while being physically thousands of kilometers away. When asked to be transferred to a supervisor, it feels like they transfer me to they buddy sitting beside them who are even less helpful. They simply do not care about my concern and explanation, period, when asked to have someone call me from the head office in Toronto, I once again received a call from a rep in India pretending they are from Toronto.

I've contacted Canada Post both at the location where I mailed the modem and their customer support number. They reps tell me that the tracking number on the prepaid shipping label is faulty, it shows nothing in their system, even if I had not shipped any package using that label, they would still have a record in their internal system saying that shipping label was created but not used. The tracking number on the Cannet prepaid shipping label shows as incorrect, Canada post Rep was actually surprised by that. When I relay that information to the Rep, they simply fail to acknowledge it and keep telling me that when they track the number online it doesn't display anything.

Therefore, if you do cancel, I suggest that you physically bring the modem to their office, or keep the receipt. My account was charged two months after I had shipped the modem and unfortunately didn't have the receipt saved.
Update regarding your issue. Our manager tried calling you but could not reach you. I am passing on the message that we would like to inform you that your refund $192.10 has been processed in your original payment method.

Canada Post will investigate this issue and before this is finished it will take a long time. Therefore we are giving you the benefit of doubt and believe that you truly returned the device via Canada Post. We apologize for the inconvenience and trouble this has caused you.

If the investigation comes out negatively we would be required to charge you for the device or in this case we will try to figure out a mutual agreement.

Sincerely,

CanNetRFD
Nov 2, 2015
979 posts
404 upvotes
Markham
I am super super regret to swtich from Teksavvy to Cannet. Super regret !
Jul 9, 2018
2 posts
Hi there,

My family has been using CIK cable for a long time without too much problems, but I may wanna switch for the better price.

I read that CanNet resells CIK services, so I want to know if my understand of following is correct:
- when Rogers goes down, CIK and CanNet = down
- when CIK is down, CanNet = down, Rogers = not affected
- when CanNet is down, CIK and Rogers = not affected

Also my example above is about cable, but the same will apply for DSL/Bell, right?
@[CanNetRFD] or anyone else who can answer.

Thanks in advance!
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
otori86 wrote: Hi there,

My family has been using CIK cable for a long time without too much problems, but I may wanna switch for the better price.

I read that CanNet resells CIK services, so I want to know if my understand of following is correct:
- when Rogers goes down, CIK and CanNet = down
- when CIK is down, CanNet = down, Rogers = not affected
- when CanNet is down, CIK and Rogers = not affected

Also my example above is about cable, but the same will apply for DSL/Bell, right?
@CanNetRFD or anyone else who can answer.

Thanks in advance!
Hi there,

You are in a way right, however, when CIK goes down does not necessarily mean that we are down as well. Sometimes they could have some issues with their network without affecting our network.

Since we have a working relationship with CIK we cannot directly take over their customers. Please call CIK and let them know that you want to switch. They might offer a solution.

Kind regards,
Nov 20, 2007
19 posts
6 upvotes
North Bay, ON, Canad…
Hey all,

I know that everyone will have a different experience but I wanted to add in a double-positive experience I've had with CanNet.
I personally switched over to them several months ago after a long time with a competitor. The price was great and the switch-over went seamlessly. No over-charge, modem fast delivery, technician (who is out of CanNet's control) was on time and professional. Been happy with them ever since. So happy in fact that I recommended them this week to my sister when she moved back from the US.
However upon initial phone sign-up she was told they didn't support her area. This seemed strange to me since her neighbor was on Cogeco and that other TPIA companies said they supported the street. I reached out to @CanNetRFD and within a few hours the CanNet team had looked into the issue, contacted her and myself, and had her order processed with the professionalism I had previously experienced.
I honestly didn't expect this to get resolved so quickly. Very refreshing to know a company will put this effort into a few customers in small town far away from their usual operations.
Nov 28, 2007
397 posts
152 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: I am terribly sorry for the trouble you are having. I also apologize in this case that I cannot be of more help to you. I have just checked your case and you were in touch with our manager and we have already started an investigation for your case. We are investigating with Canada Post to see if they might have lost the package. If that is the case you would be fully refunded for the modem fee.

The reason we know that we did not receive the modem is that we scan every device that gets sent back to our office. Once scanned, the item is in our system. Our manager who is in touch with you is situated in the Toronto Office at 200 Consumers Rd. Just because she might have a slight Indian accent, does not mean she is currently in India. Our local employees have various backgrounds and show the diversity of Toronto.

I know you are upset and it is totally understandable because it is a lot of money, but our team is doing our best trying to get to the bottom of this issue for you.

Sincerely,

CanNetRFD

Thank, I appreciate you looking in to this and solving the problem, although I wish I did not have to go through the ordeal to begin with.
As for my comments re dealing with reps from India, had nothing to do with the managers accent, its just the number she gave me for a call back connected with with your call center in India, even though it was a 416 area code number.
Oct 10, 2017
2 posts
Looking to hop on this deal, Are the pings stable for gaming in the GTA area? Currently with TekSavvy and not happy with the service at the moment.
Apr 13, 2018
65 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
ShariT428277 wrote: I am interested in your deal for $29.98/mo. Is it still available?
I think still available. My friend call the authorized agent yesterday signup.
Fido $0 data plan
Rogers 500M
Koodo $40 8G
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1870 posts
288 upvotes
moon
Can i use my own modem and router ? Can u provide me with list of approved modems? what will be the monthly fee if i use my own modem or if i use yours? thx
Parents are the most precious gift anyone can get. Love you always Dad

2014 : 394.00$ Arv
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
raj12345 wrote: Can i use my own modem and router ? Can u provide me with list of approved modems? what will be the monthly fee if i use my own modem or if i use yours? thx
Hi there,

At the moment, as far as I know, we do not offer any promotions where you can use your own device. If you live in a Rogers service area, we have a great promotion for you $29.98/m for 2 years. One-time shipping and handling fee of $9.95.

Check out our promotion page for more details:

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/75MRF
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1870 posts
288 upvotes
moon
CanNetRFD wrote: Hi there,

At the moment, as far as I know, we do not offer any promotions where you can use your own device. If you live in a Rogers service area, we have a great promotion for you $29.98/m for 2 years. One-time shipping and handling fee of $9.95.

Check out our promotion page for more details:

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/75MRF

I am in surrey. SO i guess shaw area. I had shaw internet 3 years ago and now with telus, I think I still have a cable coming to my house from the pole. So how does the connection take place. and mothly cost gonna be If i choose INternet75.
Parents are the most precious gift anyone can get. Love you always Dad

2014 : 394.00$ Arv