Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
If the problem occurs, would you mind making a screenshot and posting it here? If you can, can you tell which browser you are using and which version? Also, are you having JavaScript enabled in your browser? We are trying to recreate these problems here so that we can fix these issues.

Thank you,

CanNetRFD
May 26, 2012
307 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
CanNetRFD wrote: If the problem occurs, would you mind making a screenshot and posting it here? If you can, can you tell which browser you are using and which version? Also, are you having JavaScript enabled in your browser? We are trying to recreate these problems here so that we can fix these issues.

Thank you,

CanNetRFD
Examples on a desktop PC windows 10:
Opera 54.0.2952.54
Google chrome Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
The same browsers (maybe different versions) on a laptop.
Dolphin browser on a samsung tablet.
I'm trying to see promo price and other charges for cable internet plan in Quebec.
https://www.cannettel.com/CheckOut/Orde ... V_Cable_60
When I click on the green circle next to "Monthly - Rental Hardware " the page gets blank. It happens on all of the above mentioned devices and browsers. At that point I can do nothing but refresh the page which gets me back to the order page with the green circle to click on.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
loginn wrote: Examples on a desktop PC windows 10:
Opera 54.0.2952.54
Google chrome Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
The same browsers (maybe different versions) on a laptop.
Dolphin browser on a samsung tablet.
I'm trying to see promo price and other charges for cable internet plan in Quebec.
https://www.cannettel.com/CheckOut/Orde ... V_Cable_60
When I click on the green circle next to "Monthly - Rental Hardware " the page gets blank. It happens on all of the above mentioned devices and browsers. At that point I can do nothing but refresh the page which gets me back to the order page with the green circle to click on.
Thank you for your feedback. Our IT team is trying to see if they can recreate the issue and trace the bug. One more question, I need to ask for IT. Do you have Javascript enabled on all those devices?
May 26, 2012
307 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
CanNetRFD wrote: Thank you for your feedback. Our IT team is trying to see if they can recreate the issue and trace the bug. One more question, I need to ask for IT. Do you have Javascript enabled on all those devices?
In opera browser options under Javascript I see "Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)" checked.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
loginn wrote: In opera browser options under Javascript I see "Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)" checked.
Sorry for the late reply. Our IT team is hard at work trying to recreate the problem on different devices with different browsers and different settings. If the error keeps occurring I can only advise you, for now, to call in using our phone number so that you can sign up through the phone. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Jul 29, 2007
241 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
The online order seems to be working now. I just successfully placed an order.

How long does it take to receive the modem?
May 26, 2012
307 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
goo421 wrote: The online order seems to be working now. I just successfully placed an order.

How long does it take to receive the modem?
Still not working for me. Tried with an old firefox version.
For less than a second I was able to see and print screen the 404 error and then the page got blank again.
Images
  • cannet.jpg
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
loginn wrote: Still not working for me. Tried with an old firefox version.
For less than a second I was able to see and print screen the 404 error and then the page got blank again.
Thank you for the screenshot. I really appreciate it since I had no idea it looked like that. I will go over it with our Toronto IT team to recreate the issue and fix it. The only thing I can offer you for now is to call in and sign-up. I apologize for inconvenience.
Jul 29, 2007
241 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
sbobcat wrote: Ok, I answer my own question then, Just get off the phone with rogers service dept. Indeed the installation include fishing the line and outlet to the other room. Hope that help anyone with the same question.
Has anyone actually gotten Rogers tech to install a new outlet? Rogers tech came to activate my service yesterday. I asked to put the the modem in a certain room which doesn't have an existing cable outlet. He told me because I'm not actually on a Rogers service, he cannot drill holes and cannot make a new cable outlet. I feel like he just didn't want to do it because he saw that I have a line going into a different room. When I thought about it afterwards, it doesn't make any sense, because what if I didn't have an available cable outlet at all? Then I can't use the service? And why would I need a tech to come if all I need to do is plug the modem into an existing cable outlet?
Mar 26, 2007
536 posts
191 upvotes
Scarborough
ok, the tech actually refused to do it. He did gave me enough cable to do it myself. The reason is company did not give him enough time value to do it. I did not follow up with the rogers cus service since I have wifi router/ extender setup.
But he has to come in to make sure the signal is strong enough and setup the modem.
Jul 29, 2007
241 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
I talked to someone at CanNet today and they confirmed that Rogers tech cannot put in a new cable outlet. Their suggestion was to find your own technician to do it.
Aug 15, 2018
3 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone know if there is still a referral program/bonus active for CanNet customers?
Apr 13, 2018
65 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
merryberry02 wrote: Does anyone know if there is still a referral program/bonus active for CanNet customers?
I think they only have in June.
Fido $0 data plan
Rogers 500M
Koodo $40 8G
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
Waynegd wrote: I think they only have in June.
I must have missed the previous posts but our referral program has ended for the time being. I have no idea when we will launch it again. But whenever we do I will make sure the RFD community be informed about it immediately.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2943 upvotes
Post removed as the very slow upload speed issue appear somewhat fixed, but not completely fixed. I have at this point no reason to doubt the sincerity of Cannet's technicians when they tell me they aren't the ones throttling my connection. Nobody at this point knows what happened or why the issue somewhat fixed itself at the exact first day of the new month.
Last edited by badOne on Sep 1st, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.