Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
badOne wrote: Post removed as the very slow upload speed issue appear somewhat fixed, but not completely fixed. I have at this point no reason to doubt the sincerity of Cannet's technicians when they tell me they aren't the ones throttling my connection. Nobody at this point knows what happened or why the issue somewhat fixed itself at the exact first day of the new month.
I can feel your frustration. Can you please forward me your account ID so I will have someone from senior management look into the issue.

I apologize for the slow speeds you are having. I will make sure someone will follow up with you.

Edit: Technician has been scheduled to go in for testing of your lines and troubleshooting on-site for September 5th, 2018. Hopefully that will fix the speed issues.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
616 posts
417 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hi, is the deal posted on the front page still ongoing?
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
vancityallstar93 wrote: Is this available in BC?
Hi there,

This is a Rogers plan and available in Ontario.

For BC we have a Shaw area service plan for $29.98/m + $9.98 monthly modem rental.
Price is guaranteed for 2 yrs. one-time shipping+activation fee of $29.95
Unlimited usage and no contract.

Check out our promotion page for more details:
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/Xbox75m

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Jr. Member
Oct 2, 2006
159 posts
20 upvotes
I have an sb6120 modem already, can I use that and save the $10 monbthly rental? and if so there is no option to remove the rental on the website

CanNetRFD wrote:

Hi there,

This is a Rogers plan and available in Ontario.

For BC we have a Shaw area service plan for $29.98/m + $9.98 monthly modem rental.
Price is guaranteed for 2 yrs. one-time shipping+activation fee of $29.95
Unlimited usage and no contract.

Check out our promotion page for more details:
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/Xbox75m

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
vancityallstar93 wrote: I have an sb6120 modem already, can I use that and save the $10 monbthly rental? and if so there is no option to remove the rental on the website
Hi, I wish I could just let you use your own modem but for this promotion, policy from management is that we require the customer to rent and use our provided modem.

Kind regards,

CannetRFD
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 18, 2004
3236 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm planning to order for my father. He was with Rogers but one of the reasons he cancelled was that they didn't in the 2+ years he had the service ever come back to install the line underground. There's still a cable running from the green box in through his trees to the house.

Should I indicate that it's a transfer or a new install, i.e. is a dispatch required? He doesn't want you using the existing infrastructure.

Thanks!
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
Ohboiya wrote: I'm planning to order for my father. He was with Rogers but one of the reasons he cancelled was that they didn't in the 2+ years he had the service ever come back to install the line underground. There's still a cable running from the green box in through his trees to the house.

Should I indicate that it's a transfer or a new install, i.e. is a dispatch required? He doesn't want you using the existing infrastructure.

Thanks!
Let me check that out for you but it should be an install. With a transfer, no technician would be dispatched to your place.

I will update you once I know more.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
Ohboiya wrote: I'm planning to order for my father. He was with Rogers but one of the reasons he cancelled was that they didn't in the 2+ years he had the service ever come back to install the line underground. There's still a cable running from the green box in through his trees to the house.

Should I indicate that it's a transfer or a new install, i.e. is a dispatch required? He doesn't want you using the existing infrastructure.

Thanks!
Hi there,

I got back after discussing things with a senior manager.

Rogers must have run the temporary line through customer service enclosure box to your house.

Generally for burial of cables it takes time and outside cabling depends on the situation and is decided by the installer (Rogers) (The installer might be able issue a new temporary line or provide a different solution depending on the situation )

We are renting the cable line from Rogers and are also using Rogers contractors, you may discuss with the installer/technician if he can do something about it. Every case is different and it depends on Rogers internal cable rules regarding burying cables – there is not much we can do as a third-party ISP. A dig order usually takes place in the months between May to October. Only if there is an safety issue they will come out in the winter periods to do something about it. If it is a safety we can escalate the issue to Rogers. So my advice for now is to talk to the technician when he comes in for installation and explain and show him the situation.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 18, 2004
3236 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga
Ok. So what I think you're saying is that if Rogers has removed that temporary line to the home, CanNet cannot be installed. Can you confirm that my understanding is correct?

Tkx
CanNetRFD wrote: Hi there,

I got back after discussing things with a senior manager.

Rogers must have run the temporary line through customer service enclosure box to your house.

Generally for burial of cables it takes time and outside cabling depends on the situation and is decided by the installer (Rogers) (The installer might be able issue a new temporary line or provide a different solution depending on the situation )

We are renting the cable line from Rogers and are also using Rogers contractors, you may discuss with the installer/technician if he can do something about it. Every case is different and it depends on Rogers internal cable rules regarding burying cables – there is not much we can do as a third-party ISP. A dig order usually takes place in the months between May to October. Only if there is an safety issue they will come out in the winter periods to do something about it. If it is a safety we can escalate the issue to Rogers. So my advice for now is to talk to the technician when he comes in for installation and explain and show him the situation.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
Ohboiya wrote: Ok. So what I think you're saying is that if Rogers has removed that temporary line to the home, CanNet cannot be installed. Can you confirm that my understanding is correct?

Tkx
Hi there,

If he removes that temp line he might be able to install a different temp line depending on the situation. Everything is decided by the technician who comes for installation. But you are right in sense that he needs a line from the customer service enclosure box to your house for any internet installation not only CanNet.
Jr. Member
May 27, 2018
120 posts
74 upvotes
I was browsing Facebook and this popped up on my feed and I thought I might as well copy this deal here.

I was looking for internet deals for a while but I was doubting which internet provider to try out, since Rogers winback is not able to provide me with a good deal I will try out this plan.

See the info copied from cannet facebook page:

75M Cable Unlimited Internet ONLY $24.98 monthly for people living in Rogers service area

Features of our Autumn promotion:

• 75Mbps Download speeds
• 10Mbps Upload Speeds
• Unlimited usage, with no restrictions
• First year $24.98/m; after $34.98/m
• No contract
• No Credit Check
• Wi-Fi Modem included
• Processing fee with shipping fee included $29.95*
• 30 Days Extended guarantee**
• BYOD option available***

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/75MLTP

*For customers who transfer from Carrytel to Cannet, the processing fee $29.95 will be credited back after 12 months in 3 separate months. Your current Carrytel bill is required for submission to obtain this credit.

**30 days extended guarantee; processing fee of $29.95 non-refundable

***In case of BYOD option, we still need to charge $29.95 processing fee

Promotion expiry date: September 30th, 2018.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34484 posts
20519 upvotes
Center of Universe
Carrytel's deal is better.
$34.99 (3 months free)
$10 modem delivery fee
$49 modem deposit (fully refundable).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1452 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
BYOD

I have a Thompson DCM476.

Will it work?

Top