Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 13, 2008
1404 posts
286 upvotes
Burlington, ON
vodka wrote:

Fast.com is garbage, please use ANY other speed test website except for that.
I thought fast.com was a good way to check the speed of the Netflix servers?
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2231 posts
658 upvotes
flyboy320 wrote: I thought fast.com was a good way to check the speed of the Netflix servers?
So did I,but every time I use it, it shows my bandwidth is 10% of what it actually is. Try some others and compare, and do it from a wired system, not wifi connected system.
Newbie
Jul 6, 2019
66 posts
10 upvotes
Cannet does throttle along with vmedia which have traffic management in their terms an the worker pretty much spilled the beans “your using too much bandwidth” on unlimited, for 4K? Black Friday around the corner so shouldn’t be hard to get good deals from reliable isp.

Ignore the guy above he gets shown these isp throttle and jumps on people for saying they do because that apparent ceo vmedia on the thread honoured his referral bonus.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2231 posts
658 upvotes
LOL - Jumps on people... Good luck @gundox , looks like you're in good hands with @AirDeal helping you here...
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 20, 2014
115 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
vodka wrote: LOL - Jumps on people... Good luck @gundox , looks like you're in good hands with @AirDeal helping you here...
I mean, i just did a recording showing my youtube videos being throttled off my VPN, and absolutely normal on my VPN. And there is nothing wrong with fast.com , totally fine for a basic test considering its bloody Netflix. And any ISP worth its salt allows speedtest traffic to be prioritized

If you want the TL:DR highlights, check the pictures. Youtube on Cannet (yay cik telecom network), then youtube on my VPN

Image
Image
Image
Image
Newbie
Nov 9, 2013
2 posts
4 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I've finally moved from cannet to rogers ignite 300 for almost same cost. Cannet looks cheap but what you get is 10Mbps at peek time. Is this really cheap?? I don't think so.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
5772 posts
963 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
MarkL89865 wrote: Hi CannetRFD. My neighbourhood (city of kamloops), offers Fibre and I was trying to get answers regarding whether or not you guys would provide service (50Mb plan for the smoking price of $15). Apparently not, and your 60Mb plan price has now been increased... I had no idea it would change so quickly, can you offer me $25 pricing? Ill sign my dad up too and you will get two accounts. Thanks.
It seems this offer came up earlier in this thread somewhere - FTTN for $14.98 for a year
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/FTT ... fpEALw_wcB

Is that really FTTN?
And how can I check if it is available at my address? There doesn't seem to be a check on the website.

I have had FTTH for at least two years, so there should be a fibre node to offer FTTN
Verified Rep
User avatar
Jun 20, 2017
942 posts
113 upvotes
krs wrote: It seems this offer came up earlier in this thread somewhere - FTTN for $14.98 for a year
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/FTT ... fpEALw_wcB

Is that really FTTN?
And how can I check if it is available at my address? There doesn't seem to be a check on the website.

I have had FTTH for at least two years, so there should be a fibre node to offer FTTN
Hi there,

It is really FTTN what we are offering using Bell infrastructure. The postal code checker works for our cable internet services.

Please call in at 416-800-2323 or 1-800-208-7798 so that we can verify if we can offer the service at your home.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Newbie
Oct 7, 2016
7 posts
2 upvotes
I'm now with Cannet (bought at modemoutlet.com), 100/10. They reduce speed for torrent traffic from Friday evening to Sunday, normal download speed is about 1Mb. Normal traffic also with reduced speed - normally about 20-50 Mbs, upload almost always about 30Mb/s. Quebec, Videotron network.
So far, so good.
Jr. Member
Nov 29, 2016
123 posts
55 upvotes
Alissamln wrote: I'm now with Cannet (bought at modemoutlet.com), 100/10. They reduce speed for torrent traffic from Friday evening to Sunday, normal download speed is about 1Mb. Normal traffic also with reduced speed - normally about 20-50 Mbs, upload almost always about 30Mb/s. Quebec, Videotron network.
So far, so good.
Hi! Can you post a picture of speedtest? And they throttle at hour point or.. If I connect with vpn.. they will reduse my speed for torrent or..?! Thanks

35$$ is really good price but..
I have 40.80 with Altima for 60/10 ping ~20ms 67/11!
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2003
512 posts
31 upvotes
Chatham
I'm on Cannet (CIK) for over a year now. Was fine until literally few week ago. Getting throttled HARD at night! Speedtest.com still shows around 70/10 as if everything is fine. But youtube stutters and cannot hold 1080p playback, Imgur.com takes entire 3 minutes to load 4 megs of content! Most of the sites are completely unusable.

Running traceroute can see

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 16 ms 18 ms 20 ms 24.156.150.230
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * 3892 ms 204.197.190.57
5 14 ms 13 ms 21 ms 135.0.199.85
6 14 ms 16 ms 17 ms te0-0-1-14.ccr31.yyz02.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104.158.9]

What is that router that takes almost 4 seconds to respond? Oh it's CIK! Seems like their routing equipment is on fire and it explains why nothing is loading.

Time to switch it seems.

Oh, here's a funny: https://www.cannettel.com/blog/viewpage/article-27
> Our CEO announced in January of 2017, if any customer could provide proof that CanNet is throttling internet, they would receive a $100 bonus

But: https://www.ciktel.com/TechSupport/Internet
> CIK set traffic restriction for non-real time program such as BitTorrent just in peak hour ( 6:45pm to 10:45pm) in QC and rest of cities in Ontario.

Where do I claim my $100?

Oh. And before somebody chimes in with "bUT WiFI iS InCONsitEnT". It's all tested on a wired gigabit network. I have speed test utility installed on my file server it's maxing gigabit both ways. It's not me, it's Cannet/CIK.

And of course you can check: https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/ and it's clear that connection goes to shit from 5pm to midnight for everybody.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
5772 posts
963 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Alissamln wrote: Friday evening.
Which speed test do you use where one also gets the jitter and packet loss values?
Newbie
Jan 21, 2019
11 posts
6 upvotes
I called Cannet today, but was told the info here isn't correct: they don't have the 60M Cable internet @$24.98/month, but it's $29.98, and no 150M @$34.98/month, but $39.98. Has the price changed, or anyone can still get the low price as this post claims? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3327 posts
1356 upvotes
GroceryBagHead wrote: I'm on Cannet (CIK) for over a year now. Was fine until literally few week ago. Getting throttled HARD at night! Speedtest.com still shows around 70/10 as if everything is fine. But youtube stutters and cannot hold 1080p playback, Imgur.com takes entire 3 minutes to load 4 megs of content! Most of the sites are completely unusable.

Running traceroute can see

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 16 ms 18 ms 20 ms 24.156.150.230
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * 3892 ms 204.197.190.57
5 14 ms 13 ms 21 ms 135.0.199.85
6 14 ms 16 ms 17 ms te0-0-1-14.ccr31.yyz02.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104.158.9]

What is that router that takes almost 4 seconds to respond? Oh it's CIK! Seems like their routing equipment is on fire and it explains why nothing is loading.

Time to switch it seems.

Oh, here's a funny: https://www.cannettel.com/blog/viewpage/article-27
> Our CEO announced in January of 2017, if any customer could provide proof that CanNet is throttling internet, they would receive a $100 bonus

But: https://www.ciktel.com/TechSupport/Internet
> CIK set traffic restriction for non-real time program such as BitTorrent just in peak hour ( 6:45pm to 10:45pm) in QC and rest of cities in Ontario.

Where do I claim my $100?

Oh. And before somebody chimes in with "bUT WiFI iS InCONsitEnT". It's all tested on a wired gigabit network. I have speed test utility installed on my file server it's maxing gigabit both ways. It's not me, it's Cannet/CIK.

And of course you can check: https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/ and it's clear that connection goes to shit from 5pm to midnight for everybody.
This is the way they operate. Yep, send us proof so we can see the way you're detecting our throttling and work on making it more difficult to prove. Oh and if you have a problem feel free to email the CEO. Roflmao. What a load of BS. Time after time it's been proven that they throttle and yet their RFD affiliate comes in here and denies it while trying to pretend like they're transparent and customer focused. Cringeworthy. There was even that recent instance of some websites not loading properly when using CanNet. The affiliate shows up and asks for people to PM their account info so it can be looked into. Seriously? By asking for account info to troubleshoot access to particular websites, you're only confirming that you DO interfere, shape and/or throttle traffic. Nothing account specific would be useful to solving that problem otherwise as all "accounts" should be the same if no throttling is occurring.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)