Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Oct 18, 2001
657 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Don't even remotely think of changing to cannet for.a.$5 increase. At night I'm getting pings 200++ms and downloads below 20Mbps. I'm on a 150 plan and I'm lucky to get more than 80Mbps during the day ... I'm just shopping around now to jump ship. ..
lifeisfuneh wrote: Carrytel just sent me price increase notice Smiling Face With Horns
Is it worth to switch to Canntel?

This email is a notification for the following price change that will be applied to your Carrytel service:
The current monthly fee of your plan Cable Internet 75M is $34.99. From Mar 27,2020, the service monthly fee will be $39.99.

As many of our loyal customers know, for the past few years we have never increased our price for existing customers, even though our costs have been increasing significantly. During these years, we never pushed these costs onto our customers.

These growing costs were not only caused by the increase in customer usage, but also by newer technologies, such as 4K streaming, and the increased popularity of video streaming services. This means more bandwidth and lower latency is required to provide each customer with fast and stable internet service. In order to meet these higher demands, we have made great financial investments and efforts to continuously upgrade and maintain our network equipment and infrastructures.

We believe our investments paid off, as we are ranked one of the fastest ISPs (https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-fastest- ... 019-canada) and best gaming ISPs (https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-best-gam ... anada-2019) for Canada in 2019 according to PC Magazine. All of our call center agents are hired carefully, trained thoroughly, and are working to their highest efficiency in Canada, to provide quality service in English, French, and Chinese.

We are hoping that you will understand why a small increase of $5 in your monthly fees will be effective Mar 27,2020. We believe this adjustment is reasonable, as our monthly fees will still be 30% lower than the average market price after this change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we truly appreciate your continuous support. We promise to further improve and expand our services to reach new heights in the future.

For additional assistance in your services please contact our support department at 647-5604448, 514-7001283, 613-2094100

As always, thank you for using Carry Telecom

Carry Telecom Support Team
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5163 posts
2001 upvotes
digiital wrote: Don't even remotely think of changing to cannet for.a.$5 increase. At night I'm getting pings 200++ms and downloads below 20Mbps. I'm on a 150 plan and I'm lucky to get more than 80Mbps during the day ... I'm just shopping around now to jump ship. ..
Much appreciated
Thanks!
Aug 10, 2013
406 posts
190 upvotes
Mississauga
digiital wrote: Don't even remotely think of changing to cannet for.a.$5 increase. At night I'm getting pings 200++ms and downloads below 20Mbps. I'm on a 150 plan and I'm lucky to get more than 80Mbps during the day ... I'm just shopping around now to jump ship. ..
I have Rogers before, I can confirm I have the same problem.....lucky to get more than 80Mbps during the day.......Smiling Face With Horns
Dec 17, 2019
10 posts
4 upvotes
Just chiming in with my experience, definitely throttling. Very bad torrent and VPN speeds. Imgur is unusable, many sites go at 100kb/s. I'm getting essentially 1Mbps speed most of the time. Things only go well when running the speed test sites. then it says i'm getting 70Mbps.

I wouldn't even mind the throttling so much if it gave me something usable like 10Mbps. But 1Mbps is arduous. I can't even load PDFs from work at that speed.

Terrible, just terrible.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1667 posts
907 upvotes
Cannet is straight up garbage. Mods should be banning any Cannet threads so other rfders don't get scammed.
Oct 18, 2001
657 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty much my experience lately. Come the evening, after I would say 4pm it's pretty much impossible to do any vpn to my works system it's so slow not even funny.

If they designed this bandwidth limited to reduce the number of users on their system they are doing a perfect job at it
wrcmdsaul wrote: Just chiming in with my experience, definitely throttling. Very bad torrent and VPN speeds. Imgur is unusable, many sites go at 100kb/s. I'm getting essentially 1Mbps speed most of the time. Things only go well when running the speed test sites. then it says i'm getting 70Mbps.

I wouldn't even mind the throttling so much if it gave me something usable like 10Mbps. But 1Mbps is arduous. I can't even load PDFs from work at that speed.

Terrible, just terrible.
Jan 19, 2003
203 posts
33 upvotes
My two year promo just ended two months ago for the 75Mbps service.
I have experienced terrible slowdowns over the past couple days. When I called, the service rep said I have to "maintain my usage", because I have been using high amounts of data (around 19G/day). They are throttling me. I never had this issue during my promo period. I will be cancelling once I find an new ISP. This is a classic bait and switch. It's unfortunate because I was otherwise very happy with my service.
Nov 22, 2012
25 posts
13 upvotes
EAST YORK
lifeisfuneh wrote: Carrytel just sent me price increase notice Smiling Face With Horns
Is it worth to switch to Canntel?

This email is a notification for the following price change that will be applied to your Carrytel service:
The current monthly fee of your plan Cable Internet 75M is $34.99. From Mar 27,2020, the service monthly fee will be $39.99.

As many of our loyal customers know, for the past few years we have never increased our price for existing customers, even though our costs have been increasing significantly. During these years, we never pushed these costs onto our customers.

These growing costs were not only caused by the increase in customer usage, but also by newer technologies, such as 4K streaming, and the increased popularity of video streaming services. This means more bandwidth and lower latency is required to provide each customer with fast and stable internet service. In order to meet these higher demands, we have made great financial investments and efforts to continuously upgrade and maintain our network equipment and infrastructures.

We believe our investments paid off, as we are ranked one of the fastest ISPs (https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-fastest- ... 019-canada) and best gaming ISPs (https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-best-gam ... anada-2019) for Canada in 2019 according to PC Magazine. All of our call center agents are hired carefully, trained thoroughly, and are working to their highest efficiency in Canada, to provide quality service in English, French, and Chinese.

We are hoping that you will understand why a small increase of $5 in your monthly fees will be effective Mar 27,2020. We believe this adjustment is reasonable, as our monthly fees will still be 30% lower than the average market price after this change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we truly appreciate your continuous support. We promise to further improve and expand our services to reach new heights in the future.

For additional assistance in your services please contact our support department at 647-5604448, 514-7001283, 613-2094100

As always, thank you for using Carry Telecom

Carry Telecom Support Team
I just got this today. Will definitely be switching and considered Cannet - thanks to all those posting about the throttling so I will know to look elsewhere. Saved by RFD again, cheers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5163 posts
2001 upvotes
jcsrfd wrote: I just got this today. Will definitely be switching and considered Cannet - thanks to all those posting about the throttling so I will know to look elsewhere. Saved by RFD again, cheers.
If you find something interesting please let us know !
Jun 4, 2004
565 posts
340 upvotes
Mississauga
Another Carrytel customer looking to switch, but sounds like this is not the droid I'm looking for.
Mar 7, 2011
287 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
Let me be another to send people away from Cannettel. I have had very heterogenous speeds from them ranging from 20-300 MBps. Sometimes, especially when using my work VPN it will fall down to 1 MBps. Mind you I am paying next to nothing for the service, but I would be happy for a stable 100 Mbps at this price instead of the nonsense I am being put through for their advertised 300 MBPs plan.

Have spent countless hours on the phone with them as they work on fixing stuff on the "back end", but it doesn't seem to help at all.

This will be my last week with them and then I'll be looking to switch up.
Oct 18, 2001
657 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
I have spend countless hours as well, just 30mins ago they called me. telling me I'M THE PROBLEM. I'M USING TO MUCH data... BS... come 4pm and the speeds drop and nor me or wife are doing anything different because we are both working at home. Not like someone else begins to stream Netflix or anything. I have been graphing Speed tests and you can clearly see 4pm comes around and bang it starts to drop, pings go up. And 8-9 it's a crawl. No it's myfault.

Smokey6 wrote: Let me be another to send people away from Cannettel. I have had very heterogenous speeds from them ranging from 20-300 MBps. Sometimes, especially when using my work VPN it will fall down to 1 MBps. Mind you I am paying next to nothing for the service, but I would be happy for a stable 100 Mbps at this price instead of the nonsense I am being put through for their advertised 300 MBPs plan.

Have spent countless hours on the phone with them as they work on fixing stuff on the "back end", but it doesn't seem to help at all.

This will be my last week with them and then I'll be looking to switch up.
Mar 7, 2011
287 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
As per my post two up, if anyone knows of a good cable offer in Ontario, would be interested. PM or reply would be greatly appreciated.

Already was on Carrytel so not sure they will give me their great first timer pricing anymore sadly. Virgin is $50 for 100 down for the first 12 mo. Not sure if there are any other worth competitors at this time...
Jul 6, 2019
66 posts
10 upvotes
If they’re telling you that you use too much data redirect them to their own site where it states “they don’t” and that it’s suppose to be unlimited. There should be a PSA or something warning people. Lol

If you can get Fido leverage deals from other competitors, Fido usually plays ball. Virgin has an okay deal see if Fido can do something better.
Nov 10, 2006
423 posts
119 upvotes
montreal
Yup I'm done with cannet.
their customer and tech service guys are nice but you can tell they are **** tired of being forced to bullshit people!

Come 8 or 9pm my speeds go to zero almost! Speed test works fine of course but anything else is a **** 1mbps mess!

**** these guys im out!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)