Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2520 posts
647 upvotes
I've been having slow speeds over a month now, esp from about 8 pm. After repeat calls and bs last tech said 2 weeks ago congestion due to high usage from stay at home customers esp working from home. I had to remind tech that I've complained about slow speeds for over a month.

Does anyone have bell fibe tv and internet? It runs on wifi. Planning to get rid of robbers tv as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7340 posts
732 upvotes
Waterloo
Aggy wrote: fasthdtv isn't real Iptv ;)
Any recommendations thats reliable and won't fly by night? I've tried various ones and they all freeze
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7340 posts
732 upvotes
Waterloo
Why don't us RFD members buy bulk in internet from a reliable company, never understood for years I've been a member here and we should be contacting companies to give us a better price for x amount of signs up and customers.... .

Hell the people owns this forum is ran by yellow pages..... That alone should give us a great deal
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5440 posts
1203 upvotes
sassysue wrote: Any recommendations thats reliable and won't fly by night? I've tried various ones and they all freeze
Depends on what languages you need. Lots of good options out there.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7340 posts
732 upvotes
Waterloo
Aggy wrote: Depends on what languages you need. Lots of good options out there.
English currently I have tvzon.... I tried this other one and it sucks I need good playback too
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5440 posts
1203 upvotes
sassysue wrote: English currently I have tvzon.... I tried this other one and it sucks I need good playback too
Playback?

Anyways what's wrong with tvzon? Stick with tvzon if it works.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2115 posts
112 upvotes
dam, rogers is coming tomorrow and now i'm getting the normal speeds of 20/300 during my speedtest.

i think bell have issues with their servers, their servers are really slow but when i change to other servers, speed are actually ok.
Sep 17, 2007
678 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
Cannet does not have enough bandwidth during peak hours. DO NOT SIGN UP. Or you will suffer.
Dec 27, 2012
137 posts
77 upvotes
Bowmanville
So, is this why, when I try to watch shows on Prime, it looks like cellphone video shot back in 2006 and loaded, compressed, onto Youtube? It's so bad that I can't even watch anything.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2520 posts
647 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Cannet does not have enough bandwidth during peak hours. DO NOT SIGN UP. Or you will suffer.
I can vouch for that, noticed issues in January and they could not resolve, there was a pattern where at 830 pm, it would really slow down. After months of back and forth, they finally said, oh, it's all the work from home usage and they would ask Rogers for more bandwidth. A bit better but not much.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2520 posts
647 upvotes
ciao wrote: I've been having slow speeds over a month now, esp from about 8 pm. After repeat calls and bs last tech said 2 weeks ago congestion due to high usage from stay at home customers esp working from home. I had to remind tech that I've complained about slow speeds for over a month.

Does anyone have bell fibe tv and internet? It runs on wifi. Planning to get rid of robbers tv as well.
Didn't want to loose use of my 4 setup boxes, so I dropped my old Rogers digital VIP package to basic TV plus $12 of additional channels. About $40 / month of savings. Now I'll just look for an ISP provider. Not sure if if upping the download speed with Cannet from 75/10 to 150/15 would help congestion or not, perhaps worth a shot. Anyone have any experience with improved performance when upgrading service from Cannet?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3327 posts
1356 upvotes
Lmao! They're STILL lying about throttling and they STILL have that cringeworthy post up on their page whining about how there's a conspiracy on the internet claiming that they throttle:

https://www.cannettel.com/blog/viewpage/article-27

Actually, in case they finally figure out that lying is bad and they erase their pathetic post on the subject, here it is for history sake:

"Clarification of all misconceptions and false rumours about CanNet

In the past years, too many false rumours have been spread about us over the internet, especially on various online forums to scare away any potential customers. We believe there might be some competitors out there, who cannot compete with us at a price and service point, that started all these false rumours. We refuse to stoop to their level and we do not adhere to practices such as bullying, shilling or buying reviews from customers. CanNet believes in fair competition and does not support such unfair practices. We have always tried our best to improve our services and assure that each and every customer is satisfied with our services and price. We are addressing all these rumours to be false and clarifying them as untrue.

1. CanNet does not implement any throttling (slowing down) of your internet

Please refer to our FAQ. CanNet does not slow down any customer's application any time of the day. We do not implement any form of internet traffic management practices. This is one of the biggest rumours that we believe originated from talk on online forums from competitors around 2 years ago.

CanNet always welcomes customers to come forward with their issues and complains of slow internet and tries to assist the customer and solve the issue as soon as possible. We try to educate people about reasons why your internet might be slow, as there are hundreds of reason why the internet can be slow or break down but we are always a call or a message away to assist you with your issue."
Aug 12, 2013
48 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How to prove they throttle:

1. Run a speedtest on Speedtest.net or their own speed test site (http://speedtest.cannettel.com/)
2. Run a speedtest on Fast.com

Realize your actual internet speed is what you're getting on Fast.com, and they're prioritizing traffic based on destination, a.k.a. throttling.
Oct 18, 2001
657 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
I switched to bell, Left side CANNET and then my switch right side Bell Fiber.. For me was like clock work, come 4pm BOOM drops, VPN from work was painful to use and over the evening using VPN(from my personal pc's) slow as could be, it was like dialup. And I tried 2 different VPN providers and it was the same. So YES they were throttling , if it was VPN more so. And countless times they would say you are using too much data... WTF.. Unlimited plan for off. And second you can see from the screenshot and no way was I ever maxing out bandwidth.

Dec 27, 2012
137 posts
77 upvotes
Bowmanville
That's crazy. I'm on the 300 mbps plan, and it drops a lot come the evening. I can't even watch things on Prime anymore. Netflix looks better, but still not the usual 4k that I am paying for.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)