Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Sep 13, 2008
391 posts
74 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Do they need to come in for installation or just a switch of the modem? Since it's cable, you loose Rogers immediately once you switch? Do we need to give Rogers 30 days notice for cancelling?
I have the same questions.

Also, from the website, it looks like these are only good for 2 years, and then price goes up to $60/m?
Last edited by G0AT on Jun 14th, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10094 posts
6515 upvotes
GTA, ON
⬆ Cable allows more than one service to be run at the same time.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 6, 2008
271 posts
159 upvotes
Ontario
No new line needed unless the existing line wont support the service. Tech is required to confirm signal is good on the line for all tpia third party accounts. Cable lines allow phone internet and cable on the same line.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6397 posts
908 upvotes
No BYOD kills the deal (compare with carrytel)
It's basically add $5 on top of their advertised price.
Jun 22, 2009
801 posts
204 upvotes
Kitchener
Do I understand you correctly? :

I can have two ISPs on the same physical cable?

I'm with vMedia cable but wouldn't mind to switch. But want to have overlapping period...

Thanks​
chimaican wrote: ⬆ Cable allows more than one service to be run at the same time.
Слава Україні!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10094 posts
6515 upvotes
GTA, ON
Zhopa wrote: Do I understand you correctly? :

I can have two ISPs on the same physical cable?

I'm with vMedia cable but wouldn't mind to switch. But want to have overlapping period...

Thanks​
Yes, you can run more than one ISP on cable at the same time. Many of us did this to test CarryTel while at the same time remaining to be customers with Rogers/Fido/Teksavvy etc. It allowed us to test the stability of these smaller ISPs before making the full plunge. Only negative thing is you have to pay two bills (and that's very anti-RFD :D ) You should be able to do the same if you want to test Cannet.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9463 posts
4194 upvotes
6ix
DragOnT wrote: +1
I am in the same situation with same Thomson 476 modem - lol

Wish they have option for people who already have compatible modem.
Another Thomson 476 user here too
Koodo $40 8GB
Apr 16, 2017
40 posts
31 upvotes
Can anyone confirm the up speed on the 75m package? This seems like one of the hottest deals for Internet in Ontario
Dec 3, 2014
50 posts
14 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Yes, you can run more than one ISP on cable at the same time. Many of us did this to test CarryTel while at the same time remaining to be customers with Rogers/Fido/Teksavvy etc. It allowed us to test the stability of these smaller ISPs before making the full plunge. Only negative thing is you have to pay two bills (and that's very anti-RFD :D ) You should be able to do the same if you want to test Cannet.
Do you mind sharing with us the type of Modem and Router you are using with CarryTel (I assume 100/10 service)? TYIA.

I am with Rogers now and want to switch to either CarryTel or Cannet.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Have been on the Cannet 100mbps plan since April and have no complaints. Good value for the money.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
75M looks interesting... $35+7 = $42 theoretically still better than $60 60M from fido...
Jan 26, 2011
427 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: 75M looks interesting... $35+7 = $42 theoretically still better than $60 60M from fido...
Being a non techie am looking at this to as called Fido about my service and would not budge.
Paying $67.80 tax in for little usage.Wonder if really need so called tech support ?
My usage is max 100 gb per month.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43566 posts
4178 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TheRonald wrote: Being a non techie am looking at this to as called Fido about my service and would not budge.
Paying $67.80 tax in for little usage.Wonder if really need so called tech support ?
My usage is max 100 gb per month.
If your usage is so low, you should not be on the $60 plan anyways - Fido has a 30mbps 200GB plan for $50.
Artisan woodworker crafting cutting boards, custom wood furniture, tables, home decor, and more!
Instagram @studiocanopy

***For Sale*** Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Freud 10" 80T Ultimate Cut Off Blade | Heatware
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10094 posts
6515 upvotes
GTA, ON
amddbmb wrote: Do you mind sharing with us the type of Modem and Router you are using with CarryTel (I assume 100/10 service)? TYIA.

I am with Rogers now and want to switch to either CarryTel or Cannet.
Service: 100/10
Modem: Hitron CDA3-20
Router: Linksys EA3500

Probably going to replace my router though. It's got the gigabit ports, so it works well with the service, but the wireless range on this older router isn't the greatest. Probably will upgrade to the Asus RT68.

I encourage you to read through ALL the threads (including the ones in expired hot deals & on-going deals) pertaining to both services before deciding. Ignore the shill posts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)