Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 22, 2009
920 posts
261 upvotes
Kitchener
Do I understand you correctly? :

I can have two ISPs on the same physical cable?

I'm with vMedia cable but wouldn't mind to switch. But want to have overlapping period...

Thanks​
chimaican wrote: ⬆ Cable allows more than one service to be run at the same time.
Слава Україні!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
11370 posts
7786 upvotes
GTA, ON
Zhopa wrote: Do I understand you correctly? :

I can have two ISPs on the same physical cable?

I'm with vMedia cable but wouldn't mind to switch. But want to have overlapping period...

Thanks​
Yes, you can run more than one ISP on cable at the same time. Many of us did this to test CarryTel while at the same time remaining to be customers with Rogers/Fido/Teksavvy etc. It allowed us to test the stability of these smaller ISPs before making the full plunge. Only negative thing is you have to pay two bills (and that's very anti-RFD :D ) You should be able to do the same if you want to test Cannet.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9775 posts
4650 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: +1
I am in the same situation with same Thomson 476 modem - lol

Wish they have option for people who already have compatible modem.
Another Thomson 476 user here too
Telus $45 25GB
Newbie
Apr 16, 2017
40 posts
31 upvotes
Can anyone confirm the up speed on the 75m package? This seems like one of the hottest deals for Internet in Ontario
Newbie
Dec 3, 2014
50 posts
14 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Yes, you can run more than one ISP on cable at the same time. Many of us did this to test CarryTel while at the same time remaining to be customers with Rogers/Fido/Teksavvy etc. It allowed us to test the stability of these smaller ISPs before making the full plunge. Only negative thing is you have to pay two bills (and that's very anti-RFD :D ) You should be able to do the same if you want to test Cannet.
Do you mind sharing with us the type of Modem and Router you are using with CarryTel (I assume 100/10 service)? TYIA.

I am with Rogers now and want to switch to either CarryTel or Cannet.
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Have been on the Cannet 100mbps plan since April and have no complaints. Good value for the money.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
2129 posts
527 upvotes
Ottawa
75M looks interesting... $35+7 = $42 theoretically still better than $60 60M from fido...
Member
Jan 26, 2011
432 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: 75M looks interesting... $35+7 = $42 theoretically still better than $60 60M from fido...
Being a non techie am looking at this to as called Fido about my service and would not budge.
Paying $67.80 tax in for little usage.Wonder if really need so called tech support ?
My usage is max 100 gb per month.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44731 posts
5325 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TheRonald wrote: Being a non techie am looking at this to as called Fido about my service and would not budge.
Paying $67.80 tax in for little usage.Wonder if really need so called tech support ?
My usage is max 100 gb per month.
If your usage is so low, you should not be on the $60 plan anyways - Fido has a 30mbps 200GB plan for $50.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
11370 posts
7786 upvotes
GTA, ON
amddbmb wrote: Do you mind sharing with us the type of Modem and Router you are using with CarryTel (I assume 100/10 service)? TYIA.

I am with Rogers now and want to switch to either CarryTel or Cannet.
Service: 100/10
Modem: Hitron CDA3-20
Router: Linksys EA3500

Probably going to replace my router though. It's got the gigabit ports, so it works well with the service, but the wireless range on this older router isn't the greatest. Probably will upgrade to the Asus RT68.

I encourage you to read through ALL the threads (including the ones in expired hot deals & on-going deals) pertaining to both services before deciding. Ignore the shill posts.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
2129 posts
527 upvotes
Ottawa
TheRonald wrote: Being a non techie am looking at this to as called Fido about my service and would not budge.
Paying $67.80 tax in for little usage.Wonder if really need so called tech support ?
My usage is max 100 gb per month.
Do you really need 60Mb? If not you can downgrade to 30Mb/200GB for $50 as suggested by Jon Lai. If you think you need the speed you can consider to switch to cannet.
Member
Jan 26, 2011
432 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for suggestions guys .
Hate change but this is RFD after all and must think of savings.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3786 posts
1611 upvotes
Mississauga
Just signed up in Mississauga. Went with the wired modem since I have my own router. Love the no contract thing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2013
1713 posts
703 upvotes
Markham
fyi

Thank you for showing your interest in our services!


We would like to inform you that we are not allowing our valuable customers to use their own device due to technical and security issue of the connection. As, You have shown interest in our 100 M/ 10 M plan, We are sharing its details with you. Please check the details which are given below.


1) Wired modem plan (Cable 100 M/10 M with unlimited usage).

i) Upfront charges/processing fee - $29.95 + Taxes = $33.84.
ii) Processing credit back in 1st month invoice.
ii) Your monthly invoice would be $39.98 ( Cable service fee) + $4.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes for first 2 years.
iv) Third year on wards, Your invoice would be $59.98 (Cable service fee) + $4.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes.


2) Wireless modem plan (Cable modem + WiFi router) / (Cable 100M/10M with unlimited usage).

i) Upfront charges/processing fee - $29.95 + Taxes = $33.84.
ii) Processing credit back in 1st month invoice.
iii) Your monthly invoice would be $39.98 ( Cable service fee) + $6.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes for first 2 years.
iv) Third year on wards, Your invoice would be $59.98 (Cable service fee) + $6.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes.


There is no contract on these internet plans. Once you will place the order with us then it will 7 days to install the services at your address. If you would like to place the order with us then please contact our sales expert (18002087798). They would help you while placing an order with us.
[FS] BNWT Bellfield Faux Fur Trim Parka

Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 14, 2006
4351 posts
770 upvotes
do they ship the equipments and we'll install on our own or they send someone out?
Member
User avatar
Feb 25, 2006
257 posts
24 upvotes
mingyang wrote: do they ship the equipments and we'll install on our own or they send someone out?
Ordered CanNet Wireless package on Tuesday through their website and I received the modem just yesterday. My scheduled installation (with a Rogers tech) is on the 30th. I don't know if I need a technician to hook it up to be honest but I'd rather pay for installation to get it working properly the first time around rather then having to deal with tech support not based in Canada.
Newbie
Apr 21, 2011
72 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
I have been on Cannet 100/10/u plan since mid May in the Ottawa-Overbrook area. I have no complaints although speeds are 95%ish as you can see for yourself in the attached. Part of this "slow down" is caused by limits created by the free modem they gave me. I got my deal thru http://www.modemoutlet.com/

Image
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2013
1713 posts
703 upvotes
Markham
YrocMorf wrote: I have been on Cannet 100/10/u plan since mid May in the Ottawa-Overbrook area. I have no complaints although speeds are 95%ish as you can see for yourself in the attached. Part of this "slow down" is caused by limits created by the free modem they gave me. I got my deal thru http://www.modemoutlet.com/

[img]http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac97 ... ltt7c5.png[/img
pretty nice data, thanks for sharing. So for the 75mb plan you HAVE to rent the modem, however the sales guy that emailed me, f***ed up and stated that i can buy modem and not pay rental so i am getting it 35 dollars/month.

my install date is on the 26, they said to cancel rogers on the 27th. I assume another rogers tech will have to come a day after? anyone with any advice or opinion?
[FS] BNWT Bellfield Faux Fur Trim Parka

Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2013
1713 posts
703 upvotes
Markham
Jon Lai wrote: So is the $35 75mbps plan available only via calling in?
yeah you can get directly with them via phone or thru a authorized service provider which will give you a crappy modem for 15 bucks (shipping) unless you live in ottawa to pickup
mingyang wrote: do they ship the equipments and we'll install on our own or they send someone out?
i am buying my modem and they are shipping it out to me via canadapost. Not sure about rentals.
[FS] BNWT Bellfield Faux Fur Trim Parka

Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer

Top