Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
TheRonald wrote: Being a non techie am looking at this to as called Fido about my service and would not budge.
Paying $67.80 tax in for little usage.Wonder if really need so called tech support ?
My usage is max 100 gb per month.
Do you really need 60Mb? If not you can downgrade to 30Mb/200GB for $50 as suggested by Jon Lai. If you think you need the speed you can consider to switch to cannet.
Jan 26, 2011
427 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for suggestions guys .
Hate change but this is RFD after all and must think of savings.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3236 posts
1085 upvotes
Mississauga
Just signed up in Mississauga. Went with the wired modem since I have my own router. Love the no contract thing.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
1379 posts
408 upvotes
Markham
fyi

Thank you for showing your interest in our services!

We would like to inform you that we are not allowing our valuable customers to use their own device due to technical and security issue of the connection. As, You have shown interest in our 100 M/ 10 M plan, We are sharing its details with you. Please check the details which are given below.

1) Wired modem plan (Cable 100 M/10 M with unlimited usage).

i) Upfront charges/processing fee - $29.95 + Taxes = $33.84.
ii) Processing credit back in 1st month invoice.
ii) Your monthly invoice would be $39.98 ( Cable service fee) + $4.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes for first 2 years.
iv) Third year on wards, Your invoice would be $59.98 (Cable service fee) + $4.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes.

2) Wireless modem plan (Cable modem + WiFi router) / (Cable 100M/10M with unlimited usage).

i) Upfront charges/processing fee - $29.95 + Taxes = $33.84.
ii) Processing credit back in 1st month invoice.
iii) Your monthly invoice would be $39.98 ( Cable service fee) + $6.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes for first 2 years.
iv) Third year on wards, Your invoice would be $59.98 (Cable service fee) + $6.98 (rental of the device) + Taxes.

There is no contract on these internet plans. Once you will place the order with us then it will 7 days to install the services at your address. If you would like to place the order with us then please contact our sales expert (18002087798). They would help you while placing an order with us.
[FS] BNWT Bellfield Faux Fur Trim Parka

Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4329 posts
552 upvotes
do they ship the equipments and we'll install on our own or they send someone out?
Feb 25, 2006
255 posts
24 upvotes
mingyang wrote: do they ship the equipments and we'll install on our own or they send someone out?
Ordered CanNet Wireless package on Tuesday through their website and I received the modem just yesterday. My scheduled installation (with a Rogers tech) is on the 30th. I don't know if I need a technician to hook it up to be honest but I'd rather pay for installation to get it working properly the first time around rather then having to deal with tech support not based in Canada.
Apr 21, 2011
72 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
I have been on Cannet 100/10/u plan since mid May in the Ottawa-Overbrook area. I have no complaints although speeds are 95%ish as you can see for yourself in the attached. Part of this "slow down" is caused by limits created by the free modem they gave me. I got my deal thru http://www.modemoutlet.com/

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
1379 posts
408 upvotes
Markham
YrocMorf wrote: I have been on Cannet 100/10/u plan since mid May in the Ottawa-Overbrook area. I have no complaints although speeds are 95%ish as you can see for yourself in the attached. Part of this "slow down" is caused by limits created by the free modem they gave me. I got my deal thru http://www.modemoutlet.com/

[img]http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac97 ... ltt7c5.png[/img
pretty nice data, thanks for sharing. So for the 75mb plan you HAVE to rent the modem, however the sales guy that emailed me, f***ed up and stated that i can buy modem and not pay rental so i am getting it 35 dollars/month.

my install date is on the 26, they said to cancel rogers on the 27th. I assume another rogers tech will have to come a day after? anyone with any advice or opinion?

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
1379 posts
408 upvotes
Markham
Jon Lai wrote: So is the $35 75mbps plan available only via calling in?
yeah you can get directly with them via phone or thru a authorized service provider which will give you a crappy modem for 15 bucks (shipping) unless you live in ottawa to pickup
mingyang wrote: do they ship the equipments and we'll install on our own or they send someone out?
i am buying my modem and they are shipping it out to me via canadapost. Not sure about rentals.

Jun 21, 2010
239 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any difference between the Hitron CDA3-20 and the Cisco DPC3848 other than one is wired and one is not?
Thanks
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1068 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how long this promotion goes on for? At the least I have to stay with Rogers until the end of August if I switch until my contract ends.
Banned
Mar 23, 2008
346 posts
496 upvotes
GTA
I presume their modems allow bridge mode. I have all my own routers (yes more than 1) for my place setup. My rogers box is in bridge mode (never have to reset the box :)), can theirs work fine like that?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1405 posts
286 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I have had CanNet service since March in Cogeco land (I know this deal/thread is for Rogers/ONT only). It was poor service for the first six weeks. It was fine during the day, but just about unusable in the evening (peak times). I have the 60/10 package and at peak times I was getting only about 5-10Mbps with youtube/netflix. After several emails (they were always fast to reply) they said they were adding more capacity due to over congestion, and it would take about three weeks for the work to be done. Since that time the speeds have been great at peak times (usually get about 90% advertised speeds at night, and 100% during the day).

I have the CDA-RES modem and it works great for me. If you want to check your modem for the Puma 6 chipset problem, you can test it here.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1825 posts
542 upvotes
Ottawa
TigerLilly wrote: Anyone know how long this promotion goes on for? At the least I have to stay with Rogers until the end of August if I switch until my contract ends.
As I heard, 75M and 150M price will stay but 100m will be gone in August.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)