Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Aug 5, 2011
433 posts
148 upvotes
CanNetRFD - if your company does not throttle, can you explain why even Youtube Video Quality Report notices an increase in the number of CIK Users streaming SD (rather than HD) from 6pm to 11pm?

I have included Start for comparison.
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 9.22.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 9.29.31 PM.png
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
I stream YouTube 1440p every evening. Never got throttled. I recall posting some YouTube screenshots in one of my earlier posts, maybe you can dig it out.

ArchEnemy wrote: CanNetRFD - if your company does not throttle, can you explain why even Youtube Video Quality Report notices an increase in the number of CIK Users streaming SD (rather than HD) from 6pm to 11pm?

Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
448 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
ArchEnemy wrote: CanNetRFD - if your company does not throttle, can you explain why even Youtube Video Quality Report notices an increase in the number of CIK Users streaming SD (rather than HD) from 6pm to 11pm?

There's a difference between active traffic management (throttling) and just lack of bandwidth. Cannet could in fact be not throttling but simply don't have enough bandwidth

Not that it matters why to end user, but it allows them to say they don't throttle
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1075 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Is it better to rent the wired modem and attach my own wireless router to it or to rent the wireless modem? What's the range on the wireless modem?
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11365 posts
7781 upvotes
GTA, ON
TigerLilly wrote: Is it better to rent the wired modem and attach my own wireless router to it or to rent the wireless modem? What's the range on the wireless modem?
IMO, ALWAYS ALWAYS better to have a separate wireless router independent of the modem. Let a modem be a modem, and a router be a router. Those combo devices never seem to work properly.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jun 12, 2010
759 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone using this service in Kingston? Incoming Queen's student and need service for about 10 months or so..
Jul 9, 2017
8 posts
14 upvotes
I got cannet 150 installed yesterday and my speeds are horrible. around 3mb at night and get inconsistent rates during the day i.e between 10 and 80 mb. What is going on?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
haji2282 wrote: I got cannet 150 installed yesterday and my speeds are horrible. around 3mb at night and get inconsistent rates during the day i.e between 10 and 80 mb. What is going on?
PM your details, I'll look into it.
Aug 10, 2003
88 posts
13 upvotes
If we're not satisfied during the free trial period:

1. would the installation fee be refunded?
2. would a shipping label be provided for returning the modem?

Thanks
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
schoolboy wrote: If we're not satisfied during the free trial period:

1. would the installation fee be refunded?
2. would a shipping label be provided for returning the modem?

Thanks
Yes to both questions :) As long as it's within the 10 day period, which starts from the day of instillation.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3029 posts
1064 upvotes
North York
What is the benefit of someone using my referral code? Do I / They get something out of it?
Dec 21, 2006
258 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
My service was installed on August 5th. Not stable compared with my original Fido internet. I use splitter to use both services at same time.
I called in on last Thursday to cancel the service. I was told that someone will call me back in 48 hrs. After 48 hrs, no one call. So I called the customer service again on last Saturday. I was promised to receive call in few hrs. Until now still no call from Cannet. Don't know why they make it so hard to cancel even they has 10 days money back guarantee.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
Cjohnson202 wrote: What is the benefit of someone using my referral code? Do I / They get something out of it?
We currently don't have a referral code.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
maple168 wrote: My service was installed on August 5th. Not stable compared with my original Fido internet. I use splitter to use both services at same time.
I called in on last Thursday to cancel the service. I was told that someone will call me back in 48 hrs. After 48 hrs, no one call. So I called the customer service again on last Saturday. I was promised to receive call in few hrs. Until now still no call from Cannet. Don't know why they make it so hard to cancel even they has 10 days money back guarantee.
Please PM I will have the issue resolved for you.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5250 posts
2866 upvotes
Just installed today and didn't know it would take sometime before it started to work. Anyhow, Rogers guy just put in the splitter and he checked the signal still strong so I have both (Rogers & Cannet) up right now. did three speed tests and so far, it was as adertised everytime (75/10 up). I will probably cancel Rogers tomorrow or the next day
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Just installed today and didn't know it would take sometime before it started to work. Anyhow, Rogers guy just put in the splitter and he checked the signal still strong so I have both (Rogers & Cannet) up right now. did three speed tests and so far, it was as adertised everytime (75/10 up). I will probably cancel Rogers tomorrow or the next day
Great to hear :) Thank you for choosing Can-Net!
Jun 4, 2007
441 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
I AM definitely not feeling alot of comfort here so far; 4 messages from Customer Service over 2 business days, multiple emails stated my order was cancelled, call in to support...."Always say the order has been cancelled" then disappear for 15 mins to figure out what it is.

Called in for first order, rep told me when to cancel with Rogers and he supplied all the dates, had to call back because he put the wrong date in....and I have already placed my cancellation date with Rogers...I dont mind a little paper shuffling but this is getting way past mild.

Then gave my Rogers cancellation confirmation number to them....and guess another email just now....called in the rep answered how can I help you....ahhh....you told me to call in about a cancellation....he had no insight just reiterated that it was cancelled. I'm really trying to make this work...heck my family worked for bHell for 40+ years....
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11365 posts
7781 upvotes
GTA, ON
g00f wrote: I AM definitely not feeling alot of comfort here so far; 4 messages from Customer Service over 2 business days, multiple emails stated my order was cancelled, call in to support...."Always say the order has been cancelled" then disappear for 15 mins to figure out what it is.

Called in for first order, rep told me when to cancel with Rogers and he supplied all the dates, had to call back because he put the wrong date in....and I have already placed my cancellation date with Rogers...I dont mind a little paper shuffling but this is getting way past mild.

Then gave my Rogers cancellation confirmation number to them....and guess another email just now....called in the rep answered how can I help you....ahhh....you told me to call in about a cancellation....he had no insight just reiterated that it was cancelled. I'm really trying to make this work...heck my family worked for bHell for 40+ years....
I don't recommend anyone cancel their service with their original CABLE ISP (Rogers, Teksaavy, Ebox, etc) before the 10-day trial period ends. Yes I know you'll have to pay for essentially two services at the same time, but this allows you to evaluate if Cannet works well for you or not. This also allows no down time if for whatever reason Cannet cannot get installed due to a screw up by Cannet or Rogers. Also if things don't work out, then again you won't have down time. Also allows you to evaluate both services at the same time. All you need is a basic coax splitter to run both services simultaneously if you have two separate modems.
Last edited by chimaican on Aug 14th, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
g00f wrote: I AM definitely not feeling alot of comfort here so far; 4 messages from Customer Service over 2 business days, multiple emails stated my order was cancelled, call in to support...."Always say the order has been cancelled" then disappear for 15 mins to figure out what it is.

Sorry to hear, please PM your account account details, I'll take care of it for you.
Jun 4, 2007
441 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately I am in a new condo and it was explained to me that I cannot have both running at the same time, and this HAS to be a transfer....and of course that threw some read flags with me also....I could live without net for a day or two... ;) .

Hi CanNetRFD....sending now, thanks for the assistance.