Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1631 posts
742 upvotes
hitman86 wrote: So private trackers have issues but torrents on piratebay work fine?

No issues torrenting with a VPN. Not sure why private trackers would be any different. I do notice speed differences as I've got up to 5 mbps and sometimes I only get 1mbps. This doesn't have to do with uploaders as I was downloading good S/L torrents.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1631 posts
742 upvotes
For those that signed up for 50 mbps two weeks ago can we move onto the 75mbps?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5940 posts
2535 upvotes
hitman86 wrote: So private trackers have issues but torrents on piratebay work fine?
Didn't test torrenting private trackers without a vpn. It shouldn't make any difference, unless you're saying the private sites banned all of CIK.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: Everything seems to be working on my end, but people here would like to know what fixed the problem.

I can send you my account number if you can look up the solution tech support implemented and post it here?
Yes, of course please PM me :)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: @CanNetRFD

Can you kindly help me with an inquiry before I make a decision please?

1- I have a BELL FIBE Internet 50M/10M subscribtion in my building currently for the past 2 years. Service is alright, no major issues. They gave me a SAGEMCOM FAST ROUTER 2864 (with WiFi) to use when I upgraded to initially 25M then to 50M FIBE Internet speed (I don't have a phone number with BELL so it's Dryloop I presume). I previously had a CELLPIPE 7130 Resdential Gateway [Wifi Router](and now own it after having it with BELL FIBE previously when they had 15M FIBE Speed...before the SAGEMCOM model I mentioned was provided when I went for 25M then 50M FIBE speeds).

If I cancel my subscription with Bell...I will probably have to return the SAGEMCOM Wifi Router back to them. So, does that mean that my CELLPIPE 7130 Wifi Residental Gateway router will NOT work with 50M DSL speeds?

2- Is the CanNet DSL 50M service the same as the BELL FIBE 50M service? Using the same lines?

3- If I want to join CanNet...would you recommend your 75M Cable or 50M DSL? And why? What would the difference be (besides the higher speed of 75M Cable)....is it because the 50M DSL is more stable at it's speed and bandwidth or what?...because it is more expensive than the 75M Cable.

4- How long should it take to get CanNet Internet installed and running here? I ask because I want to know when you would recommend that I call and cancel with BELL Fibe Internet so I don't miss any Internet access in the process of switching over.

5- I prefer a Wireless Modem/Router...so are the ones provided with CanNet good enough for either 75M Cable or 50M DSL?

6- Is Installation Free for either of these two services (I know it says Installation FREE only for Cable but not DSL in the OP) but needed a confirmation? If No, why is there an Installation FEE for DSL? (since I already have BELL Fibe from before as mentioned)

7- Is it better to call the CanNet Direct Number or the Agent Number once I decide to join?

Thank you in advance for your time and help answering my inquiries. Cheers!
I replied to your PM :)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
G0AT wrote: Have you heard anything regarding slowing of the upload on the 25/10 profile yet? I'm still seeing 25/4, as is my buddy in another part of town. We both had 25/10 consistently before this started.
Please PM your details, I will have your TS have a look into the issue.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
hitek0007 wrote: If I am going to switch to Cannet from Rogers, is it true that no technician needs to come to my house? They just send me a modem and I hook it up myself? Thanks!
For transfer cases we need to know the cancellation date at least 2 weeks prior and the TS would not have to enter your premise. If you need it done sooner we would need to arrange a new installation which could be done in 7 days; however, they would need to enter the premise.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
wanderingcat wrote: Called CanNet, CSR confirmed the 25/10M plan is not offered by Rogers anymore, so they changed it to 30/5M. If I need 10M upload, have to upgrade to 75/10M which is $10 more (including modem).

Not happy and asked to talk manager. CSR said manager would call me back (really?) soon. Till now, no one called me (which is not a surprise).

Anyone has same experience? Thanks!
Sorry to hear about this, please PM your account details and I will arrange to have a supervisor call you.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
djpr wrote: For those that signed up for 50 mbps two weeks ago can we move onto the 75mbps?
50M is an FTTN promotion whereas 75M is a cable promotion so we would need to send a technician for a new installation so unfortunately an upgrade would be $65.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2162 posts
1071 upvotes
Mississauga
CanNetRFD wrote: For transfer cases we need to know the cancellation date at least 2 weeks prior and the TS would not have to enter your premise. If you need it done sooner we would need to arrange a new installation which could be done in 7 days; however, they would need to enter the premise.
Did not understand this completely. Let's say the user has a working Rogers connection and places an order for Cannet. Can't they wait for Cannet to be installed first before cancelling Rogers. This way they won't have a service interruption. For example, when I switched from Rogers to Fido last year, I picked up a modem from Fido store. Went home, plugged it in, didn't work because it was not activated yet. So plugged in the Rogers modem back, which worked. Tried Fido next day again, it worked. Tried Rogers again, that also worked. So I essentially had both Rogers and Fido working simultaneously on the same wire. How will the process be different for switching to Cannet, since you would also use Rogers infra if I am not wrong.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote: Did not understand this completely. Let's say the user has a working Rogers connection and places an order for Cannet. Can't they wait for Cannet to be installed first before cancelling Rogers. This way they won't have a service interruption. For example, when I switched from Rogers to Fido last year, I picked up a modem from Fido store. Went home, plugged it in, didn't work because it was not activated yet. So plugged in the Rogers modem back, which worked. Tried Fido next day again, it worked. Tried Rogers again, that also worked. So I essentially had both Rogers and Fido working simultaneously on the same wire. How will the process be different for switching to Cannet, since you would also use Rogers infra if I am not wrong.

It would be different because Fido is owned by Rogers, we are not; we are a third party re-seller. If you wanted both services to run both services simultaneously we could arrange that through a splitter, or worst case have a new line installed. But unfortunately, we do not have the same relationship with Rogers that Fido has. Hope you found this helpful.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2162 posts
1071 upvotes
Mississauga
CanNetRFD wrote: It would be different because Fido is owned by Rogers, we are not; we are a third party re-seller. If you wanted both services to run both services simultaneously we could arrange that through a splitter, or worst case have a new line installed. But unfortunately, we do not have the same relationship with Rogers that Fido has. Hope you found this helpful.
Thanks. So let's say if I decide to transfer from Fido to Cannet, and I chose installation type as Transfer on the "Order" page, it gives me date (right now it's giving me 15th Aug). Does it mean on 15th my Fido will stop working and Cannet automatically start working. Do I still need to call Fido and ask them to cancel or you would do it automatically as part of transfer process. From the order page, it also appears that no technician visit will be required in this case.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10089 posts
6513 upvotes
GTA, ON
More than one ISP can be run on the same cable line as long as you have two separate modems. Use two coax cables attached to your two separate modems via splitter or separate coax wall ports (which is likely split via a splitter anyways).
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
941 posts
112 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote: Thanks. So let's say if I decide to transfer from Fido to Cannet, and I chose installation type as Transfer on the "Order" page, it gives me date (right now it's giving me 15th Aug). Does it mean on 15th my Fido will stop working and Cannet automatically start working. Do I still need to call Fido and ask them to cancel or you would do it automatically as part of transfer process. From the order page, it also appears that no technician visit will be required in this case.
Unfortunately transfer cases are a little more complicated; please PM your name and number and I will have a supervisor call and explain :)
Jun 1, 2015
77 posts
39 upvotes
Just had Cannet installed with my Rogers account still active. Swapped the modems and works like a charm. Went away for weekend so need to cancel rogers now.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)