Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
xsomsicarius wrote: hey, is the 150 $49 cable plan expired?
No it is still available, if you require assistance PM you're # and I will have an experienced rep give you a call :)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2116 posts
518 upvotes
Ottawa
CanNetRFD wrote: Has the problem been taken care of?
thanks for the follow up. Yes I got a response and I will need to do more testing tonight to verify if it has improved. After all I have just signed up for few days and it might be just a one time thing.
Last edited by kwanyeung20 on Sep 12th, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
950 posts
116 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: thanks for the follow up. Yes I got a response and I will need to do more testing tonight to verify if it has improved. After all I have just signed up for few days and it might be just a one time thing.
That's what I'm hoping too. Let me know anytime you need assistance :)
Mar 4, 2009
189 posts
32 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Did you receive a response?
kwanyeung20 wrote: thanks for the follow up. Yes I got a response and I will need to do more testing tonight to verify if it has improved. After all I have just signed up for few days and it might be just a one time thing.
Same here, more tests tonight. Also, will follow up with links of my recurring tests last night as well.
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: I believe the new promotion will only be catered towards new sign ups :(
What its expire date? Anytime?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1019 posts
110 upvotes
Woodbridge
So this whole thing is starting on a wonderful note. Had a tech scheduled to come between 5-8pm tonight to install the service. Left work early to ensure I get home in time. No one shows up. I check with Cannet support and supposedly the tech had a health issue and couldn't make it... Sure, because there's only one tech in all of Toronto doing these installs... :rolleyes:

Anyways, now I have to reschedule at the earliest two days from now, which is Friday. Saturday my Rogers account is supposed to be disconnected so I sure as hell hope this tech actually shows up.

All I needed was an email or a call to let me know that the tech wouldn't come in tonight so that I wouldn't be sitting around waiting for him. Completely unprofessional.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2116 posts
518 upvotes
Ottawa
sunnyinon wrote: Same here, more tests tonight. Also, will follow up with links of my recurring tests last night as well.
CanNetRFD wrote: That's what I'm hoping too. Let me know anytime you need assistance :)
Problem still persists. At 9 the speed significantly slows down.

Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3319 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
Speeds were fantastic until today. Today at around 9PM im now going from 150mbs to 20-30mbs. This is pretty disappointing. I may cancel and go to carrytel if this continues.
Jul 21, 2010
329 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
SolutionisT wrote: Couldn't decide Carrytel or Cannet for stable internet?

Currently i'm on Rogers - student plan for $85 500/20 peak hours i get 20/20 with google speed test. Not happy - keep disconnecting and slow response.

Carry tell and Cannet have mixed reviews not sure which one to choose for 150/15 or stick what i have.
likewise, can somebody provide feedback in terms of throttling?
Jun 10, 2016
358 posts
282 upvotes
Durham
Twice I made up my mind to switch to Cannet but after reading the speed related issues, I am going to stick with FIdo. I am on $60 for 60Mbps Unlimited per month and I consistently get 80 Mbps approx.

Mar 4, 2009
189 posts
32 upvotes
I was told not to test with testmy.net because:
Pls do not use testmy.net.
Pls use speedtest.net and select either CIK or Rogers server in Toronto.
The testmy.net you are testing from Canada to Dallas in TX of US and all the way back to Canada.
That is where is your problem right now. The speed test result showing is wrong.
so I did with speedtest.net just now: Image
Mar 4, 2009
189 posts
32 upvotes
Thanks for the update, I had the same experience and posted my search result using speedtest.net
I have an interesting array of tests done since last night till now and will post the results soon. Basically speed significantly dropped at 8:15pm. @CanNetRFD To the tech engineers who say there was traffic on my network, nobody was home and no internet traffic was present except for these tests...
kwanyeung20 wrote: Problem still persists. At 9 the speed significantly slows down.