Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $39.98, 150M $49.98, 300M $69.98

Aug 5, 2012
650 posts
457 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I have your modem after paying the 100$ deposit and I pay 58.87 every month for the internet. Every afternoon my internet is not available. Cannet doesn't have any on field technicians like other internet service providers. They instead try to trouble shoot over the phone. For the last two days we were on the phone with them for 1 and 1/2hrs everyday. We troubleshot ourselves and managed to get the internet. The problem persists and even today, we don't have internet.
"You have more chances of getting hit by a lightning or getting eaten by a shark than actually winning a lottery"
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
vik56in wrote: I have your modem after paying the 100$ deposit and I pay 58.87 every month for the internet. Every afternoon my internet is not available. Cannet doesn't have any on field technicians like other internet service providers. They instead try to trouble shoot over the phone. For the last two days we were on the phone with them for 1 and 1/2hrs everyday. We troubleshot ourselves and managed to get the internet. The problem persists and even today, we don't have internet.
I apologize for the issues you are having. Please forward me your account ID and I will have it escalated to our senior technicians/management, which will follow up with you to solve these issues as quickly as possible.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1050 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Just some updates for the folks here!

I signed up 3 months ago.. overall I am extremely happy with my services and can report back there are no throttling with torrents/downloading. Internet speed is consistent.. signed up with 75/10 and usually can get 50bps even during peak hours. Had 1 day so far that internet was down but it was fixed the next day on its own.. I’m assuming it was a Rogers issue.

All in all, I’m impressed with their customer services.. I called their customer service, I was on hold for about 2 minutes and hung up. 10 minutes later someone from Cannet called me back and I didn’t have to wait on the phone.

For anyone that’s considering.. try it out!
Images
  • CF633235-CE3C-46CF-A844-F6BEB8B49833.png
CLICK for more info>>> Shoppers Drug Mart - Invite A Friend Event Thanks everyone for participating!
Mar 8, 2015
63 posts
41 upvotes
North York, ON
Apologies if this was asked before, takes time to go through 126 page thread. I'm considering signing up with Cannet and I'm wondering two things:
- can I use my own modem for their cable internet? FAQ says no but when you actually go to sign up and select transfer from another ISP (as I'd be doing), there is an option to select your existing modem and enter serial#/mac address ???
- in the case of transfers, I don't think a technician visit is required right? I just have to provide them with cancellation date of my old ISP
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
tvfan2014 wrote: Apologies if this was asked before, takes time to go through 126 page thread. I'm considering signing up with Cannet and I'm wondering two things:
- can I use my own modem for their cable internet? FAQ says no but when you actually go to sign up and select transfer from another ISP (as I'd be doing), there is an option to select your existing modem and enter serial#/mac address ???
- in the case of transfers, I don't think a technician visit is required right? I just have to provide them with cancellation date of my old ISP
HI there,

You can use only few select modems are compatible with cable internet. There is an option for own modem but then you would need to call in. The reason we don't have it on the website is that we want to verify with you that have the right modem that is compatible on Rogers' network for example. And yes for a transfer a technician visit is not required we would need the cancellation date of your old ISP.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
fastbreak wrote: Hi CannetRFD, any deals in the calgary area?
For Calgary we have the following special promotion going on if you live in a Shaw service area:
for only $29.98 monthly
  • 75Mbps download
  • 7.5Mbs upload
  • No contract
  • Unlimited usage
  • Processing fee (which includes shipping fee) $29.95
  • 2 year price guarantee
  • Wireless modem rental $9.98 monthly
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/Xbox75m
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2553 posts
2790 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: For Calgary we have the following special promotion going on if you live in a Shaw service area:
for only $29.98 monthly
  • 75Mbps download
  • 7.5Mbs upload
  • No contract
  • Unlimited usage
  • Processing fee (which includes shipping fee) $29.95
  • 2 year price guarantee
  • Wireless modem rental $9.98 monthly
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/Xbox75m
Do you have something similar in the GTA currently?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2553 posts
2790 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Yes very similar 2 cable promotion plans:
75M/10M for $29.98 monthly
Download/upload
Unlimited usage
no contract 2 years price guarantee
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x75_150M

and a 150M plan for $49.98 monthly
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x150M
The free/no rent modem deal already expired? Also, the website seems to get stuck a lot.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2553 posts
2790 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: The free/no rent modem deal already expired? Also, the website seems to get stuck a lot.
nvm, placed order via chat. relatively painless. $45 all in for 75/10 with wireless modem. Hope the service is as stable as my current Fido. Was paying $67 all in for 60/10 which they auto downgraded from 75/10...bastards.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1380 posts
1119 upvotes
Samshares wrote: Rogers has provided me with a FREE gigabit Wireless Router/Modem (2in1). Works very well and I am on the 150/15 plan with Rogers. Savings are $10/month if i factor in your modem rental fee.

On your website it states activation fee is $99...but in your messages here I see you always mention $29.95.

So I am paying with a FREE gigabit modem from Rogers on the 150/15 Unlimited Usage: $69+Tax/month.

With these guys i would be paying $50+10 for the same package.

You guys think its worth the jump?
I called in last week to inquire about the condo plan from rogers, I'm a house, and of course no luck, so they offered a ton of options.

The last one was 65.00 a month for 150u./15 with an installation fee.

I mentioned this deal and said thanks anyway.

Today they called me back and offered 150u/15 unlimited no installation or set up fee and free modem $60 /month for 1 year...

Ahhhhh. what to do
CanNetRFD wrote: Yes very similar 2 cable promotion plans:
75M/10M for $29.98 monthly
Download/upload
Unlimited usage
no contract 2 years price guarantee
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x75_150M

and a 150M plan for $49.98 monthly
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x150M
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2553 posts
2790 upvotes
So I signed up with their employee online. I cancel my Fido. They charge me the $30 processing fee which went through my card and now I get a text message saying the order is cancelled because they need more details. But all the details were given to their employee. Plus they try to phone me after 9pm on Saturday. What kind of company is this?
Jan 19, 2017
422 posts
119 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Hi there,

If you live in Videotron service area we have the following plans available:
  • 15M/10M plan for $29.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $39.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental , No contract, unlimited usage
  • 30M/10M plan for $39.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $49.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental , No contract, unlimited usage
  • 60M/10M plan for $59.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $69.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental, No contract, unlimited usage
  • 120M/20M plan for $79.95 monthly for 2 years, afterwards $89.98/m with $29.98 processing fee, and free wired modem rental, No contract, unlimited usage
Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
sorry for the long delay in replying, and thanks for the information! yes, i live in the Videotron service area in downtown Montreal.

i can't find the plans you mentioned above on your website.
-- i see Cable 75Mb/10Mb for $39.98/month; is that even available for my area?
-- i see a $4.98/month wired modem rental fee for the plan i mentioned above, but you mentioned a free wired modem rental fee for the plans in your reply (quoted above); which one is correct?
-- can i use my own cable modem with your service?
-- does CAN100 code apply to any of the plans you mentioned in your reply (quoted above)?

thank you again.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
darXider wrote: sorry for the long delay in replying, and thanks for the information! yes, i live in the Videotron service area in downtown Montreal.

i can't find the plans you mentioned above on your website.
-- i see Cable 75Mb/10Mb for $39.98/month; is that even available for my area?
-- i see a $4.98/month wired modem rental fee for the plan i mentioned above, but you mentioned a free wired modem rental fee for the plans in your reply (quoted above); which one is correct?
-- can i use my own cable modem with your service?
-- does CAN100 code apply to any of the plans you mentioned in your reply (quoted above)?

thank you again.
Hi There,

The 75M plan you are seeing is a Rogers service area plan. The plans I have listed above are the ones available for Videotron service Area in Montreal.
I apologize for our website since it is not totally optimized but if you click on: plan -> cable internet plan. you have to change the province to at the top of the page Quebec (QC). Now you can see the plans available.

The Videotron plans come with free wired modem rental so you would not need to use your own modem.
I had already applied the CAN100 promo code with plans I listed above.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Jan 19, 2017
422 posts
119 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Hi There,

The 75M plan you are seeing is a Rogers service area plan. The plans I have listed above are the ones available for Videotron service Area in Montreal.
I apologize for our website since it is not totally optimized but if you click on: plan -> cable internet plan. you have to change the province to at the top of the page Quebec (QC). Now you can see the plans available.
i see. i had not changed the province to QC but had entered my postal code for service availability. i had assumed that the plans would take into account my postal code (and, so, the fact that i am in Quebec), but apparently not.
CanNetRFD wrote: The Videotron plans come with free wired modem rental so you would not need to use your own modem.
I had already applied the CAN100 promo code with plans I listed above.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
1) how long of a delay do you need to establish a new service? i am guessing i would need to call my current ISP to set a cancellation date, so i'd like to know how long in the future i would need to set that date.
2) do the monthly fees you mentioned include tax or not?
3) would it at all be possible to get a credit for the $29.95 service fee?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
darXider wrote: i see. i had not changed the province to QC but had entered my postal code for service availability. i had assumed that the plans would take into account my postal code (and, so, the fact that i am in Quebec), but apparently not.

1) how long of a delay do you need to establish a new service? i am guessing i would need to call my current ISP to set a cancellation date, so i'd like to know how long in the future i would need to set that date.
2) do the monthly fees you mentioned include tax or not?
3) would it at all be possible to get a credit for the $29.95 service fee?
1) We need around 15 days to transfer services
2) The monthly fees are without tax.
3) I will inquire if we can make an exception for the processing fee, but I cannot promise anything.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Oct 5, 2009
73 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I just got the 50MB FTTN deal, however we are having issues with the internet service.
The technician came today and spent hours looking into this and verified that it is most likely the modem that is the problem.
Now, I called tech support and first of all, they need a better VoIP line if they are using it because I had full reception and was having a hard time on the phone with him and could barely understand him.
After the simple tests and questions asked that all tech asks, I was told that they need to send another Bell technician over to check and if the modem is not "plugged in" properly, I would be charged.
Why do I need another Bell tech to come in when the original one was here for a couple of hours of trying to set everything up and was unable to. Plus has explained that chances are it is a faulty modem?
Why am I going to be charged if something is not "plugged in properly" except for the fact that the technician was the one who did everything, plugged everything in and tested everything.
So if they messed up, I will be the one charged? I did not agree to this FYI.
3rd, why do I not have access to the rented modem that is rent to keep? I would rather set up the modem as a bridge and use my own router since the signals might be weak in certain areas.
I can't even confirm if there are some settings missing that could be the issue. All I can do is listen to the technician tell me that there is nothing wrong with the modem?

So far, I am not happy nor impressed at all with the services.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1108 posts
573 upvotes
I am current customer but I am moving at end of month. If I want to transfer service to new home, what is the process? Can I choose new plan?
I am currently on 100/10 plan since March 2017 but I never get those speeds, so I want cheaper 75/10 plan in new home for 29.99 + 5 modem rental.
If not available or I have to pay a fee to change plans, I'll probably cancel and go with a different provider
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
955 posts
116 upvotes
LyGuy wrote: I am current customer but I am moving at end of month. If I want to transfer service to new home, what is the process? Can I choose new plan?
I am currently on 100/10 plan since March 2017 but I never get those speeds, so I want cheaper 75/10 plan in new home for 29.99 + 5 modem rental.
If not available or I have to pay a fee to change plans, I'll probably cancel and go with a different provider
Hi there,

Please provide me with your customer ID so that I can look into your account so we look into what we can do for you.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD