Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

Canon SD1100 $129.99 ($139-$10 Visa card purchase) + free shipping (Edit - now OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2008 11:18 am
[OP]
Mar 19, 2008
582 posts
641 upvotes

[Amazon.com] Canon SD1100 $129.99 ($139-$10 Visa card purchase) + free shipping (Edit - now OOS)

Missed the Staples sale minus $20 coupon and are still looking for a [rfdlink=38]Canon[/rfdlink] SD1100? The champagne coloured one is available for $139.99 with free shipping from [rfdlink=3]amazon.ca[/rfdlink]. If you open a new account and pay with your Visa and use the code MAPNEWNCSAVE, you'll get it for $129.99.

http://www.amazon.ca/Canon-PowerShot-SD ... 585&sr=8-3
11 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2098 posts
683 upvotes
laprade_a wrote: Missed the Staples sale minus $20 coupon and are still looking for a Canon SD1100? The champagne coloured one is available for $139.99 with free shipping from amazon.ca. If you open a new account and pay with your Visa and use the code MAPNEWNCSAVE, you'll get it for $129.99.

http://www.amazon.ca/Canon-PowerShot-SD ... 585&sr=8-3
I really want the Mocha color. Too bad they don't have that one on sale.
Does anyone have any idea how this canon compares against Panasonic DMC-FS5 from own experience and have seen any deal on the Panasonic?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
Smokin deal OP. I added the R280 with it since epson's having a printer rebate which can be found here http://www.epson.ca/c2c_cmc_upload/pdf/ ... esolve.pdf (courtesy of another kind rfd member).

Goodluck guys
CHANGE
Lost my Garmin Nuvi, it's piano black, Toronto, Yonge street, if you find it please ping me
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2004
1505 posts
607 upvotes
North Vancouver
Did you get the R280 from Amazon.ca too? I can't find it on the webpage and the rebate requires the R280 and the digital camera to be on the same receipt.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9492 posts
795 upvotes
Thanks OP! My mom got her camera stolen recently. This is a perfect replacement! :)
[OP]
Mar 19, 2008
582 posts
641 upvotes
simplylgg wrote: I really want the Mocha color. Too bad they don't have that one on sale.
Does anyone have any idea how this canon compares against Panasonic DMC-FS5 from own experience and have seen any deal on the Panasonic?

Thanks
Had I been able to get a deal on the Panasonic I would have purchased it instead of the SD1100. I've been keeping my eyes open for it since it was my first choice (love the 30-120 zoom, good reviews). However the cheapest I've seen it for (post Zellers mispricing) was $199 + shipping. Since this is my secondary camera, I didn't want to spend that much on it. It's more to use for mountain biking and to carry around in case an unexpected photo-op comes up.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
25953 posts
7982 upvotes
where I belong
You don't need to pay with VISA to use the coupon (MC/AMEX work too)

and it needs to be a NEW account (an account that has not used the MAPNEWNCSAVE coupon before)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9492 posts
795 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: You don't need to pay with VISA to use the coupon (MC/AMEX work too)

and it needs to be a NEW account (an account that has not used the MAPNEWNCSAVE coupon before)
it does not need an new account.
I placed my order (third one) using the coupon code with the same account
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
da_hool wrote: Did you get the R280 from Amazon.ca too? I can't find it on the webpage and the rebate requires the R280 and the digital camera to be on the same receipt.
Yes i did. I'm searching for it now and i can't find the page!!! Did they take it down or something???

Sorry dude/tte.
CHANGE
Lost my Garmin Nuvi, it's piano black, Toronto, Yonge street, if you find it please ping me
May 13, 2007
488 posts
277 upvotes
British Columbia
eskimono wrote: Smokin deal OP. I added the R280 with it since epson's having a printer rebate which can be found here http://www.epson.ca/c2c_cmc_upload/pdf/ ... esolve.pdf (courtesy of another kind rfd member).

Goodluck guys
I have heard that Epson and Brother rebates are processed by a company that has gone bankrupt. Caveat emptor wrt rebates with these two companies...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
smokie wrote: I have heard that Epson and Brother rebates are processed by a company that has gone bankrupt. Caveat emptor wrt rebates with these two companies...
Shyza. You're right:
Important Rebate Information

November 18, 2008 - The following information may be relevant to customers who have mailed in rebate coupons for recently purchased Epson products.

The third party rebate processing company that was handling Epson Canada rebate claims and sending rebate cheques on behalf of Epson Canada has filed a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition earlier this week. The company has notified Epson Canada that the funds provided to them by Epson Canada are not available to satisfy the rebate cheques the company issued to our customers. As a result, if you have received a recent rebate cheque for an Epson Canada product, you should not cash it, as there will possibly be insufficient funds to cover it. We apologize for any inconvenience or delay this may cause. Please be assured that Epson Canada is doing everything we can to resolve this issue quickly. We have changed providers for our rebate fulfillment and are working with them to honour our rebate commitment to all customers.

* If you have a rebate cheque for an Epson Canada product that is dated prior to November 14, 2008, please do not cash the cheque, as it may have insufficient funds to cover it. Please contact Epson Customer Relations at 800-533-3731 or [email protected]. The Customer Relations team will assist you in getting a new cheque.
* If you have already mailed in your coupon, but have not received a cheque, please contact Epson Customer Relations at the above phone number or e-mail address for assistance.
* If you have not mailed in your rebate coupon, please look at the coupon's mail-in address. If your coupon has the address: PO Box 979, Fonthill, ON, L0S 1E0, you will need to download a new coupon with a new address. This new coupon will be posted on www.epson.ca in the next few days.

Epson Canada values your business. We again apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please be assured that we are committed to resolve any rebate related concerns that you may have.

Sincerely,

Epson Canada

Check Your Rebate Status:

If you sent your rebate claim to the Strongsville, OH address, click here or call 800-277-6187.
If you sent your rebate claim to the El Paso, Texas address, click here or call 800-305-7305.
If you sent your rebate claim to Fonthill, ON address call 1-800-533-3731.
Debit Card Promotions:

If you would like to check the status of your debit card claim, please visit www.rebateshq.com or call 800.665.3037.
Special Rebate Exceptions:

Please note not all offers are valid for purchases made in store or online at Best Buy (www.bestbuy.ca), Future Shop (www.futureshop.ca), Staples Business Depot (www.staples.ca and/or www.businessdepot.com) or educational institutions. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for further information.

Canada Staples-Business Depot or Bureau en Gros: Canadian Customers only. Please obtain your rebate coupon through Staples as instructed on the coupon that you received in store or on the Staples website. If you have any questions regarding the status of your rebate, please contact Staples/Business Depot/Bureau en Gros at staples.rebatestatus.ca or call 1-866-464-1122.

http://www.epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/Buy ... cookies=no

Guess i'll be calling EPSON tomorrow before my item is shipped. Thanks for the heads up!!
CHANGE

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)