• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 1:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2289 posts
1132 upvotes

Can't find family doctor in Ajax - 3 Month old

So I am moving to Ajax and there seems to be a big shortage of family doctors out there. I have called every doctor in ajax and pickering and cant find one that is taking patients, the wait lists are 2+ years.

I have a 3 month old daughter that is coming up to 4 months and needs shots. How do i do this? Do we just go to a walk-in clinic?

The walk in clinics say that they do not have files for anyone and will not track progress, shots, weight, height ect for our daughter. What do we do about records for her?

I have never lived in a place that does not have family doctors so this is scary for us there there will be no tracking of records.

FYI, I did find one doctor that is taking patients mathura ravindran, who when googled has had their license suspended or something
https://doctors.cpso.on.ca/DoctorDetail ... 3791-92043
Got that Zoomer account!
8 replies
Jan 4, 2008
57 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
How far are you willing to travel? Are you looking for a pediatrician or specifically a family doctor? I have seen several signs in Scarborough and Whitby area. If that's within range, I can keep an eye out next time I am driving down.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2289 posts
1132 upvotes
inssain wrote: How far are you willing to travel? Are you looking for a pediatrician or specifically a family doctor? I have seen several signs in Scarborough and Whitby area. If that's within range, I can keep an eye out next time I am driving down.
Hello, I can travel if we need to. I do not think we need a pediatrician, just a family doctor for the 3 of us. Thanks
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4119 posts
922 upvotes
Sask.
In Saskatoon, baby/child immunizations are done at health clinics, by a public health nurse. Records are kept there, plus we get a booklet.
Check to see if such a thing is available in your city/region.

As for finding a family doctor, all you can do is get your names on a wait list, and use a medi-clinic until then.
Sep 12, 2008
101 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton
Were you able to find any family doctor for your new born? We are in the same boat, don't have a family doctor since last 2 years in Ajax and soon going to have new born in a week or 2. I am wondering if there was a solution for you? Your reply is appreciated
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2289 posts
1132 upvotes
rahulpatel1987 wrote: Were you able to find any family doctor for your new born? We are in the same boat, don't have a family doctor since last 2 years in Ajax and soon going to have new born in a week or 2. I am wondering if there was a solution for you? Your reply is appreciated
nope, we have no options at all. we are looking to have another kid in the future and what can we do, no doctor, no ob? What did you do, go to walk in clinics? How did you get ultrasounds or tracking of your pregnancy? PM me if you dont want to talk in public.
Got that Zoomer account!