• Sep 27th, 2020 1:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes

Can't find Table Top Leaf Alignment pins ANYWHERE

Hello,

I have a wooden kitchen table, and it is round but expands to oval shape by adding up to 2 leafs in the middle. It's a very strong solid table and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the table itself. the only problem is the expandable Leafs that go in the middle to make the table wider, the plastic things that keep them in place and level have broke over the years. we dont use the Leafs in our table because we noticed when we put heavy stuff on the table, the middle leaf is wobbly and does not sit flush. I checked Every hardware store in the GTA and cant find them, I even tried Amazon and cant find them for sale. There is one online store with a French Quebec sounding name which sells them but only sells box of 50, i dont need 50, i need like maybe 8 or 10 at most, yeah i would probably change them all to new ones to be safe. but no one sells them

I one time went to a hardware store in gta 5 years ago and gave the guy the part and he said he will check, it took him a month and he called me back and said they do not make them no more? they dont make them? what o what can i guy like me do?

here is a picture I found of them from the google. This is the male side, the other is the female side with a hole that the pin goes inside and it holds the table leaf together

if someone can find this on amazon for me, which ships to canada i will buy you a coffee or even a beer for your help
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2896 posts
2234 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
How thick is your table? Thick enough that one can drill "dowel" holes into the edge of the table with matching holes in the leafs?

This is an easy DIY joinery if you take your time, have an electric drill and sharp, properly sized bits for the size of dowel you would then use.

Here are the dowels: https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=wood% ... d%20dowell

Centering pins: https://www.amazon.ca/Center-Woodworkin ... 9429&psc=1
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)