• Jul 19th, 2020 4:10 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 28, 2012
570 posts
547 upvotes
ONT

Can't See Reviews

When I am on Canadian Tire and Home Depot websites I sometimes want to read reviews. Not sure why but both sites don't let me see any. Both sites seem to use the same platform and now I can't see any on the Staples site either.
I click on the **** line, a box saying "READ ### REVIEWS" pops up, I click it and it takes me back to the item page, no reviews.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2594 posts
1498 upvotes
Ontario
Amazon.ca review are the worst, I get "Sorry, no reviews match your current selections. Try clearing or changing some filters." even with ZERO filters on and 500+ reviews, as they only show Canadian reviews now for some reason. PITA...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2850 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
Turn off your ad/script blocker
[OP]
May 28, 2012
570 posts
547 upvotes
ONT
Hello- wrote: Turn off your ad/script blocker
I turned off "Malwarebytes Browser Guard" and can now view HD reviews, thanks! Are there any disadvantages to turning off this Malwarebytes feature?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7588 posts
8184 upvotes
Vancouver
mrct1944 wrote: I turned off "Malwarebytes Browser Guard" and can now view HD reviews, thanks! Are there any disadvantages to turning off this Malwarebytes feature?
No disadvantage beyond letting every advertiser in the world know what you are interested in - those pages are chock full of trackers, many of which are being blocked by your browser guard for privacy reasons. But that's true of RFD as well. If I turn off my privacy blocker on this web page I get over 40 trackers.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2850 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
I don't use Malwarebytes browser guard so I can't speak specifically of it's usefulness. I do believe that browsers need some level of script/malware protection so completely disabling your only line of protection would be unwise.

Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Walmart and probably many other sites use bazaarvoice.com to manage customer reviews. White listing display.ugc.bazaarvoice.com is enough to get reviews to show up on the mentioned websites. display.ugc.bazaarvoice.com loads 4 javascript files to display reviews. Is it malware? I have no idea but there has to be a reason why many malware and script blockers detect it as offensive.
Mar 12, 2009
453 posts
469 upvotes
Ontario
I temporarily switch from my chrome browser with blockers to my Firefox browser with fewer blockers to read reviews. It keeps my default chrome browser fully protected.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14275 posts
3512 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Use something like uBlock Origin, which lets you unblock specific trackers on specific websites. Takes a bit of patience to figure out the right tracker to unblock, though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)