Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18808 posts
2088 upvotes
1226 wrote: I think if you stick the Canucks prospects out in Abbotsford (really too far to come to a Canucks game with any frequency), you do a hell of a lot better than the prospects of a division rival. Unfortunately it is hard to get past the travel.

Have to believe they'll go after a WHL team if the Canucks balk. Maybe move Kootenay.
The Canucks have released a statement saying they will honour their contract with Utica.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2125 posts
269 upvotes
Summerland
Unless some miracle happens and one of the top 5 fall to us, who do you think we pick at 6th?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3312 posts
1970 upvotes
GVRD
GP Legend wrote: Unless some miracle happens and one of the top 5 fall to us, who do you think we pick at 6th?
Perhaps Nick Ritchie, Nikolaj Ehlers or William Nylander. I could also see Leon Draisaitl or MDC potentially falling, although this is doubtful.

There is also Jake Virtanen, but his lack of hockey sense is a concern.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2595 posts
1222 upvotes
Surrey
Would you trade number 6 pick and edler for evander kane?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19934 posts
704 upvotes
Shanghai, China
paaji wrote: Would you trade number 6 pick and edler for evander kane?
I would consider it. He's only like 23 right now. That's the kind of kids that we need on this team.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3312 posts
1970 upvotes
GVRD
paaji wrote: Would you trade number 6 pick and edler for evander kane?
Perhaps, but I'm not sure if Winnipeg would though.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18808 posts
2088 upvotes
So, we get a 5th round pick while the Habs get an OT hero in Wiese... :razz:
scv wrote: Perhaps, but I'm not sure if Winnipeg would though.
If anyone can fix Kane's personal issues, it would be Trevor.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9536 posts
1676 upvotes
Vancouver
Haz wrote: So, we get a 5th round pick while the Habs get an OT hero in Wiese... :razz:
Yeah I was going to post that but thought it might sound a bit jerky coming from a non-Canucks fan.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1465 posts
273 upvotes
Vancouver
So do you guys think Torts will be fired? If so, why?

And side question, do you think he should be fired?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9536 posts
1676 upvotes
Vancouver
bigsky2 wrote: So do you guys think Torts will be fired? If so, why?

And side question, do you think he should be fired?
I don't think he will be fired because he was given an 84 year contract last year and the Aquilinis are already paying Gillis for doing nothing so...

I don't think he should be fired either. One year with a mediocre roster isn't enough of a sample.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18808 posts
2088 upvotes
Rumblings of Ron Hextall for GM.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19934 posts
704 upvotes
Shanghai, China
1226 wrote: I don't think he will be fired because he was given an 84 year contract last year and the Aquilinis are already paying Gillis for doing nothing so...

I don't think he should be fired either. One year with a mediocre roster isn't enough of a sample.
I agree. Even if we had made the playoffs, I doubt we'll make it out of the first round alive. Torts is right that our roster is stale. It's a young man's game now. Either way Torts is going to be paid. We mind as well give him one more chance to turn this ship around. Let's face it, regardless of who coaches the Canucks next year, we're not going to compete for the cup. We're not in the current predicament because of Torts. I think fans need to accept that.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19934 posts
704 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Haz wrote: Rumblings of Ron Hextall for GM.
He would be a solid choice.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18808 posts
2088 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: He would be a solid choice.
Jim Benning is another name that's coming both. Both seem like good choices and both want to take the next step in their executive careers. I think Hextall will probably be the first of the 2 to be available for an interview.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19934 posts
704 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Haz wrote: Jim Benning is another name that's coming both. Both seem like good choices and both want to take the next step in their executive careers. I think Hextall will probably be the first of the 2 to be available for an interview.
I think Hextall deserves a chance. He's been waiting for an opportunity for a very long time. I would strongly consider him if he is indeed on Linden's list.

Regardless of who we pick for GM, the fans need to understand that we will need to go through a little bit of pain before we'll have a contender for the cup. We can't just fire somebody the minute we miss the playoffs.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2007
1841 posts
28 upvotes
Rumour is George McPhee will be interviewed to. I hope they bring in Benning
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3312 posts
1970 upvotes
GVRD
Torts to be fired tomorrow.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 1m
BREAKING - John Tortorella will be fired by #canucks tomorrow

https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/s...12994087342081

Wonder who they're thinking of bringing in as a replacement. Barry Trotz is probably the most high-profile candidate available.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2125 posts
269 upvotes
Summerland
We better not be becoming Edmonton 2.0.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2595 posts
1222 upvotes
Surrey
scv wrote: Torts to be fired tomorrow.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 1m
BREAKING - John Tortorella will be fired by #canucks tomorrow

https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/s...12994087342081

Wonder who they're thinking of bringing in as a replacement. Barry Trotz is probably the most high-profile candidate available.
I doubt they will hire coach before GM. Not a good scenario work with. The way first round went this year, I see Linden will wait it out.