Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19791 posts
674 upvotes
Shanghai, China
zalapski wrote: Good result. Quinn Hughes is quite the player.
I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised with his performance. He's clearly becoming a very special player. I was skeptical about Hughes since he's not a very big guy.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2858 posts
758 upvotes
Leafs fan here. I'm hopping onto the Canucks bandwagon since my boys are out.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3302 posts
50 upvotes
GTA
Quinn Hughes proves it again tonight... he is quite the player for Horvat's OT winner.
Sgt_Strider wrote: I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised with his performance. He's clearly becoming a very special player. I was skeptical about Hughes since he's not a very big guy.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18784 posts
2057 upvotes
The refs nearly handed the game to the Blues. Loved Hughes reaction after the pass.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3302 posts
50 upvotes
GTA
Have to admit the Canucks look really good. Kevin Bieska is good on the panel.

Going have to say Elias Pettersson >>> Mitch Marner.
Apr 23, 2016
429 posts
485 upvotes
Kelowna
We're in for a tough time if the blues continue to play a disciplined game. They're scary when they're dirty because all of our talent are on the smaller side, but if we survive it we usually end up with a pp which has obviously worked out well for us. Without a pp advantage we seem to struggle.

They've been much better 5v5 and seem to have competent goaltending again.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2858 posts
758 upvotes
Damn Hughes is a great player. I thought Jack was supposed to be the star in the family.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18784 posts
2057 upvotes
FreshCo wrote: The only decent Canadian team.
A few years ago, Edmonton made the playoffs and the media was talking about them finally coming around but they haven't made the playoffs since.

The last few years, the talk has been how great the Calgary and Toronto rebuilds are and that they should be the blueprints yet both teams are spinning their tires now.

Just last week, TSN was talking about how Vancouver built this team the right way. I certainly hope we don't follow the Oilers, Flames and Leafs where we look like we were doing well with the rebuild and then poof, done. I hope for a good run this year and another good number of years to follow; hopefully a cup within the next decade. I don't want to be like the other rebuilding Canadian teams that peak by winning a round and then not making the playoffs for several years afterwards.

With a flat cap, Marky's gonna be looking for big money. Virtanen is an RFA currently at $1.25m (I'm thinking he may get a bridge deal with a bit of a raise if he continues to be decent in the Vegas series). The cap crunch is real.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jun 28, 2019
145 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver
sharpshooter88 wrote: Damn Hughes is a great player. I thought Jack was supposed to be the star in the family.
Reminds me of Niedermayer the way he glides around and his poise with the puck. We’re truly blessed to have a player of his caliber on our team. He’s only a rookie, hard to believe the way he plays

Vegas won’t be easy, Marky needs to start stealing games and we need Toffoli back
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4463 posts
3045 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Wow Quinn Hughes got robbed of the Calder Trophy.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3563 posts
303 upvotes
Leuven
bomber17 wrote: Wow Quinn Hughes got robbed of the Calder Trophy.
How do you figure he was robbed? They are both incredible, can't go wrong with Hughes or Makar for the Calder this year. Makar had the playoffs last year and really hot start this year which I think gave him the narrative for the year which is hard to overcome.

Either way, crazy the young talent the Canucks have right now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5028 posts
1510 upvotes
Vancouver
rumour has Pens offering Tanev 5year contract to match his brothers if he hits UFA. I bet it will be around $5 mil/yr