Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

CAP Barbell Olympic Plates -- Cast Iron 45lbs $88.26 -- Rubber Grip 35-45lbs (OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 5:38 pm
Nov 1, 2015
625 posts
309 upvotes
BC
When into FD today and picked up the CAP Beast Bar. Also, was looking for a pair of 45 pound bumpers but they were out. For $1.67/pound it's a pretty good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Nites07 wrote: When into FD today and picked up the CAP Beast Bar. Also, was looking for a pair of 45 pound bumpers but they were out. For $1.67/pound it's a pretty good deal.
How much they sell the Beast barbell? don't see it on the website.
Nov 1, 2015
625 posts
309 upvotes
BC
boyohboy wrote: How much they sell the Beast barbell? don't see it on the website.
$219.99
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
Nites07 wrote: When into FD today and picked up the CAP Beast Bar. Also, was looking for a pair of 45 pound bumpers but they were out. For $1.67/pound it's a pretty good deal.
I have the beast bar and it's solid. Only thing I don't like is the ribbed sleeves which gets scratched when loading my cast iron plates. This results in metal shavings falling off. Waiting for my rubber coated plates to arrive to see if it's any better.
Feb 25, 2004
362 posts
288 upvotes
Montreal
peakingduck wrote: I have the beast bar and it's solid. Only thing I don't like is the ribbed sleeves which gets scratched when loading my cast iron plates. This results in metal shavings falling off. Waiting for my rubber coated plates to arrive to see if it's any better.
I use the Beast bar as well, and unfortunately no, these rubber coated plates are a bit weird around the rings so it won't be better.
Some reviews had said they had rubber on the inside, which I don't believe is true, I think it's directly on the black painted cast iron.
That said, the rubber coating makes kind of a lip around the ring, so when you're loading/unloading, it leaves rubber shavings on the ribbed sleeves.
It also wasn't a smooth slide because of that.

I tried it only once on the Beast bar, so I don't know whether over time that lip would get shaved off and you would no longer get bothered.
Or maybe you could try trimming it off.

To compare, I have better quality virgin rubber coated plates or bumper plates that have a steel ring and obviously no issues with those on the Beast bar.
Even my York cast iron plates don't really give me issues.
Oct 18, 2020
16 posts
9 upvotes
omg THANK YOU for this!! It's still been impossible to find anything reasonably priced
Dec 9, 2013
808 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
I bought 4x 45s in June for $66.97 each and today I bought 4x 10s for 23.97 each lol. Still waiting for the 25s to come back in stock to complete my plate set
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
miscbrah1 wrote: I bought 4x 45s in June for $66.97 each and today I bought 4x 10s for 23.97 each lol. Still waiting for the 25s to come back in stock to complete my plate set
How much you charging people per month? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 6, 2020
649 posts
1117 upvotes
miscbrah1 wrote: I bought 4x 45s in June for $66.97 each and today I bought 4x 10s for 23.97 each lol. Still waiting for the 25s to come back in stock to complete my plate set
Same...I got 6 X 45's back in June/July, got 2 X 10 last week for $19 each.....also got 2 X 25's, 2 X 10, and 2 X 2.5 last month for all under $2/lbs...rubber coated from Fitness Depot....now its all $3/lbs or more..Canceled my LA fitness membership asap.

Got a solid Northern Lights crossbox rack, XM fitness bench, pull up/dip bars, and a Concept 2 Rower....never need to see a gym again in my life LOL

I also made a platform using some plywood and horse stall mats....gym is coming together!
Dec 9, 2013
808 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
teedomo88 wrote: Same...I got 6 X 45's back in June/July, got 2 X 10 last week for $19 each.....also got 2 X 25's, 2 X 10, and 2 X 2.5 last month for all under $2/lbs...rubber coated from Fitness Depot....now its all $3/lbs or more..Canceled my LA fitness membership asap.

Got a solid Northern Lights crossbox rack, XM fitness bench, pull up/dip bars, and a Concept 2 Rower....never need to see a gym again in my life LOL

I also made a platform using some plywood and horse stall mats....gym is coming together!
Where and how much did you buy the NL crossbox rack for?
Nov 1, 2015
625 posts
309 upvotes
BC
teedomo88 wrote: Same...I got 6 X 45's back in June/July, got 2 X 10 last week for $19 each.....also got 2 X 25's, 2 X 10, and 2 X 2.5 last month for all under $2/lbs...rubber coated from Fitness Depot....now its all $3/lbs or more..Canceled my LA fitness membership asap.

Where did you get your Mats from? That's my next project.
Oct 6, 2020
649 posts
1117 upvotes
miscbrah1 wrote: Where and how much did you buy the NL crossbox rack for?
Got it brand new in box from a guy selling it on FB from Hamilton. I paid $370 for it...I think it was $349 in stores then but they didnt have inventor and still don’t.

Same guy still has them, but he’s asking like $450 or $470 now.

It’s a great rack tho...build really well.
Oct 6, 2020
649 posts
1117 upvotes
Nites07 wrote: Where did you get your Mats from? That's my next project.
Just your average horse stall Mats 3/4”. Picked them up on FB marketplace..keep an eye out, they come up often.

I think 1 mat weighs like 70lbs lol. It’s heavy as hell.
Feb 25, 2004
362 posts
288 upvotes
Montreal
35lbs cast iron back in stock on the 26th at Amazon. You can order now.
Jun 24, 2018
147 posts
46 upvotes
The ghetto
nev wrote: 35lbs cast iron back in stock on the 26th at Amazon. You can order now.
Just one in stock. I wanted to buy 2 but can't.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1464 posts
2057 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
Got an email this morning from walmart saying the 35lb cast iron cap plates are on backorder, not sure if this means they will never ship or what. Anyone else get this?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)