Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1770 posts
565 upvotes

Capital One down for some people?

I'm getting this error message that no one at Capital One for the last four days seems to be able to resolve, they think I'm logging in fine. Still able to log into the app fine (although it froze too yesterday)

"We're currently updating our system to serve you better. Because of this we are unable to process your request at this time. If the problem continues, please call us at 1-877-680-4424. We're here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Ref. No. 15138.8290)"

One of my friends with a Capital One account is able to log in just fine to the website. Anyone else have issues?
31 replies
Jun 14, 2016
42 posts
33 upvotes
I remember getting that message Saturday evening. It's working for me now though.

Most likely you are viewing a cached version or you bookmarked the error page.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3844 upvotes
Come midnight many financial websites don't display/work properly due to maintenance usually. Some no longer display any amount, some you can't login, etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1770 posts
565 upvotes
RickyBobby74 wrote: I remember getting that message Saturday evening. It's working for me now though.

Most likely you are viewing a cached version or you bookmarked the error page.
Tried it in private browsing/another comp same deal...they said they were doing some system upgrades so they probably screwed up something on their back end.
Messerschmitt wrote: Come midnight many financial websites don't display/work properly due to maintenance usually. Some no longer display any amount, some you can't login, etc.

This was for the last couple of days at various times though
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
One of the reason I don't bank with PC anymore is because of issues like this. Even though your talking about another bank PC had and probably still has these issues. Delete your web passwords/history/ internet caches and try again should work.
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
May 11, 2003
16 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone else having issues? Any solutions? Tried this on Firefox, Chrome, etc. Still same error.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13891 posts
8987 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Works for me. Did you try logging in from the US website? capitalone.com

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 11, 2003
16 posts
4 upvotes
Yeah, both .com and .ca

Still nothing. Curious why this is, its the first time this happens with this card.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1770 posts
565 upvotes
drpap wrote: Anyone else having issues? Any solutions? Tried this on Firefox, Chrome, etc. Still same error.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Finally!! Someone else with the same issue. The app works for me. But this company needs to work on fixing this issue....

My log in still doesn't work btw. Someone at Capital One is supposedly solving it but nothing so far, and they keep insisting that I'm successfully logged in on their servers.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
Shadow Rider wrote: Still not working. Useless.
You know I thought for the longest that I had deleted all my web history and passwords when I had problems with the PC banking website. When people suggested to me it was that and it didn't work. I than went into options and really deleted stuff and that fixed it. Showed me. You could try a different computer and that should fix it to. That was what tipped me off that my caches weren't completely deleted. I decided that day to leave PC banking. You can also reinstall your entire computer.....
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1847 posts
57 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
Has anyone tried to delete the "cache" along with the "cookies"? That's my suggestion, although I haven't tried it out myself. I was able to log in my Capital One information one my desktop right now, but last night - I couldn't log in from my laptop. Maybe, I'll try that again later on.
May 11, 2003
16 posts
4 upvotes
I've tried both, on different browsers even.

Do share if you find out if one works or the other doesn't.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
drpap wrote: I've tried both, on different browsers even.

Try a different computer.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2017 posts
584 upvotes
drpap wrote: I've tried both, on different browsers even.

Working for me on Internet Explorer.
May 11, 2003
16 posts
4 upvotes
Other computer, tried IE as well. Nada. Very weird and sudden glitch.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1770 posts
565 upvotes
drpap wrote: Other computer, tried IE as well. Nada. Very weird and sudden glitch.
Works for me on Safari on my phone (as well as the app) but otherwise does not on a regular computer. Capital One's customer service has been extremely useless on this matter.
Jun 21, 2016
211 posts
54 upvotes
No issue here using the app or on my laptop on Chrome.