• Aug 14th, 2017 1:40 pm
Tags:
None
29 replies
Apr 12, 2015
756 posts
888 upvotes
Alberta
No world elites? and yeah they're ugly asf.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9421 posts
10680 upvotes
The Prairies
They're going to have to make these cards metal if they want to peak anyone's interest.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7688 posts
4484 upvotes
why they care about new design? I would rather have better reward than better look.
Jul 9, 2016
671 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
ace604 wrote: What's with row 3 option with a curved cutout in the lower right side??
that row is also missing the mastercard logo wtf
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4533 posts
1090 upvotes
Richmond
ace604 wrote: What's with row 3 option with a curved cutout in the lower right side??
cardholders
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4221 posts
1357 upvotes
QC
5 and 7 aren't that bad. TBH, I don't really care about design, I care about rewards.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9421 posts
10680 upvotes
The Prairies
jfmartel wrote: 5 and 7 aren't that bad. TBH, I don't really care about design, I care about rewards.
+1!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6422 posts
4630 upvotes
the last row don't have the card number on it...
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2168 posts
1101 upvotes
SuperSauvage wrote: that row is also missing the mastercard logo wtf
mech9t5 wrote: the last row don't have the card number on it...
may be it will be on the back just like the US chase sapphire? (the design on sapphire is awesome.)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9421 posts
10680 upvotes
The Prairies
Poutinesauce wrote: Capital One's cards have all been nerfed and are uninteresting, except the 3% cashback and 2% fuel of the Costco card.
Agreed.
Actually for a while I was convinced they were joining Chase, and hitting the high road, due to the many cards disappearing over the years.
Now I see they're in the works of changing their card designs, I guess they don't plan to go anywhere anytime soon.
But yeah, all their cards pretty much suck now.
They used to have a much better line up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8756 posts
8491 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: Agreed.
Actually for a while I was convinced they were joining Chase, and hitting the high road, due to the many cards disappearing over the years.
Now I see they're in the works of changing their card designs, I guess they don't plan to go anywhere anytime soon.
They used to have a much better line up.
They realized they don't even have to try, as the banks offer terribly uncompetitive products.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4021 upvotes
BC
Poutinesauce wrote: Capital One's cards have all been nerfed and are uninteresting, except the 3% cashback and 2% fuel of the Costco card.
coolintheshade wrote: Agreed.
[...]
The 2% Aspire World Elite is nice. Even at $150/yr fee you get $400 signup bonus so you can have the card 2 years for 'free' and still come out $100 ahead before you have to churn it if you want to keep it "free".
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9421 posts
10680 upvotes
The Prairies
ace604 wrote: The 2% Aspire World Elite is nice. Even at $150/yr fee you get $400 signup bonus so you can have the card 2 years for 'free' and still come out $100 ahead before you have to churn it if you want to keep it "free".
True, still good, but used to be much better, with the annual $100 in points making it effectively a $20 annual fee card.
Wish I got on that ship before it sailed.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4021 upvotes
BC
coolintheshade wrote: True, still good, but used to be much better, with the annual $100 in points making it effectively a $20 annual fee card.
Wish I got on that ship before it sailed.
I have that and believe it or not I've considered cancelling it because $20 is still worse than churning it and getting paid to use it ... but I feel I may live to regret it in the future.

It's basically just my Costco CC now, and my "they don't take Amex" backup card.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)