Capital One Mastercard Reporting?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2016 9:01 pm
[OP]
May 23, 2016
26 posts
5 upvotes

Capital One Mastercard Reporting?

I got a Capital One Mastercard back in May, and I've already received two statements.

I subscribe to both Equifax and Transunion, but none of them are showing this new Capital One card.

Is this delayed reporting normal and when I can expect it to report?

Additionally, when the card does finally report, will it include the previous billing periods?

Like I said in my opening, I've already had two statements so the card is being used and paid.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5781 posts
5284 upvotes
ChiefInspectorB wrote: I got a Capital One Mastercard back in May, and I've already received two statements.

I subscribe to both Equifax and Transunion, but none of them are showing this new Capital One card.

Is this delayed reporting normal and when I can expect it to report?

Additionally, when the card does finally report, will it include the previous billing periods?

Like I said in my opening, I've already had two statements so the card is being used and paid.
Who cares? Credit bureau can be delayed 6+ months anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1030 posts
733 upvotes
Mississauga
Capital one reported to both EQ and TU for me within 3 days of first statement. Each monthly statement is the same.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1030 posts
733 upvotes
Mississauga
superfresh89 wrote: Who cares? Credit bureau can be delayed 6+ months anyways.
duh - clearly the OP cared since they asked the question.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5781 posts
5284 upvotes
hopetindall wrote: duh - clearly the OP cared since they asked the question.
You missed the sarcasm. He's subscribed to both bureaus paying like $30/month for nothing.

Some people just don't get it... use your credit responsibly, pay it off every month and don't max out your cards. It's not rocket science.

Monitoring your score isn't going to help it build any faster
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1030 posts
733 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks,

I did miss the sarcasm.

While sometimes there can be delay - it may also indicate a split file or other problem with the reporting that isn't showing up on OP's bureau.

PHT
Jun 14, 2016
42 posts
33 upvotes
It might be reporting on somebody else's credit report. This is especially likely if you have a common name, you recently changed address, and you didn't enter a social insurance number on the application.
[OP]
May 23, 2016
26 posts
5 upvotes
RickyBobby74 wrote: It might be reporting on somebody else's credit report. This is especially likely if you have a common name, you recently changed address, and you didn't enter a social insurance number on the application.
A hard pull from Cap One appears both reports, so I'm guessing they have the correct report. My address hasn't changed in years.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1575 posts
363 upvotes
Montreal
superfresh89 wrote:
Monitoring your score isn't going to help it build any faster
It's fun though

(no sarcasm ;)
[OP]
May 23, 2016
26 posts
5 upvotes
Got a notification today from Equifax. Seems the card is now reporting.