Captain Marvel Brie Larson Samuel L. Jackson March 2019 -- SPOILERS

Marvel is close to signing writers for their first female superhero led film

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ide-763081

Maybe they oughtta hired Michelle MacLaren to direct just to burn WB/DC
jenviea wrote: It's official.

Captain America 3 is the first flick in Marvel's cinematic Phase 3

• Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5th, 2017

• Thor : Ragnarok on July 28th, 2017

Last edited by jenviea on Mar 9th, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
297 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2639 upvotes
Toronto
I hope she realizes that the movie requires her to act and say more than just a few words or just throw some punches/kicks. She sucked in FF7.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
Rousey has won Kevin Smith's endorsement which naturally means she's definitely won't get it

Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: I vote Rebecca Ferguson!
Good for you!
I thought they might try to go younger.
Who knows they might still.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4770 posts
210 upvotes
Guelph
jenviea wrote: After Rousey's decisive UFC loss to Holly Holm last night I downgrade her chances at being cast as Captain Marvel from slim to none to none to none.
plus shes not all that great at acting anyways. i like rebecca ferguson as mrs marvel or katheryn Winnick or katee sackhoff
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: After Rousey's decisive UFC loss to Holly Holm last night I downgrade her chances at being cast as Captain Marvel from slim to none to none to none.
Did you see how fast Holly Holm took out Rousey in that match when most pro MMA fighters and Sports Analysts voted for Rousey to Win easily this fight?

Holm gave Rousey a straight punch to her bloody nose face that flattened her nose, delivered an elbow punch that connected, and final shot was that high sidekick to Rousey's Neck that almost took her head off...KOing Rousey and then she followed up with a few hammer punches to Rousey's face while unconcsious on the floor until the Ref broke them up and stopped the match. Holly is known to throw fast punches...but Wow! She even countered a couple of times Rousey's attempt to lock her up on the floor.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Did you see how fast Holly Holm took out Rousey in that match when most pro MMA fighters and Sports Analysts voted for Rousey to Win easily this fight?

Holm gave Rousey a straight punch to her bloody nose face that flattened her nose, delivered an elbow punch that connected, and final shot was that high sidekick to Rousey's Neck that almost took her head off...KOing Rousey and then she followed up with a few hammer punches to Rousey's face while unconcsious on the floor until the Ref broke them up and stopped the match. Holly is known to throw fast punches...but Wow! She even countered a couple of times Rousey's attempt to lock her up on the floor.
Shows you Rousey is power but no skill -- faced a girl with skills and was schooled.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote: Shows you Rousey is power but no skill -- faced a girl with skills and was schooled.
Oh, Rousey is one tough chick for sure...but she and all those MMA Pros and Sports Analysts are eating their own words right now for taking Holly forgranted. Holly just gave Rousey her first UFC loss after being the unbeaten champ for so long.

Now I want Cyborg to drop her weight to Holly's weight and see that match. I was hoping for a Cyborg vs Rousey match with all the bad blood between them...and the steroid accusations etc....but now I really want to see UFC sign up Cyborg for a title match against Holly....both are excellent technical fighters.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
jenviea wrote: Looks like Brie Larson fresh off her Oscar winning performance in 'Room' is Marvel's first choice

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/brie- ... 201786876/
I saw that, but also a suggestion that Katheryn Winnick play the part. She's got real black-belt fighting skills, so is very fit; but I think Cap'n Marvel's fighting style is much like the Thing's - aka Clobbering Time.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1656 posts
543 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote: Awesome! I prefer her over Rhonda.
C'mon now. The Rock has a better chance of being Captain Marvel than Ronda Rousey.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
EH15 wrote: C'mon now. The Rock has a better chance of being Captain Marvel than Ronda Rousey.
There was a lot of chatter about Rousey earlier. I'm glad it wasn't true.
Baaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)