Expired Hot Deals

Capture One photo editing software - 40% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2021 3:52 pm
Mar 16, 2015
165 posts
138 upvotes
BC
Hahahapxl wrote: You don't know what you are talking about.

C1 21 is also now native M1, and humiliates Lightroom M1 app. 3 times faster in imports and twice in exports. Why don't you hear it straight from DPReview who tested it, especially hear it from 7:31 onwards -

Same review if you like to read - LINK

C1 vs LR.jpg

They tested C1 on M1 and LR on M1 vs C1 on PC and LR on PC.
LOL. You just quoted an almost 2 month old post with a video released a week ago.

Lightroom still works best for me. Capture 1 now costs 400 and still does not work on iPad or Android. Lightroom does and still wins for my needs. I have my entire catlogue with me and my edits are synced on all my devices autonatically (note 20 android, iPad, MacBook, PC. And even on any browser.
I can start an edit at home, work on it a bit on my phone and publish later from my iPad. I will check C1 out when it can do that. Likely never.
Dec 7, 2008
13 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
IMO the Lightroom vs Capture One debate is more about your specific uses. Lightroom is a great program for cataloging and doing global edits quickly. The subscription model means you can take advantage of their other programs if they are useful for you.
Capture One really is a program for working professionals. The sessions structure, layers, and indicate edits in colours, skin tones and shadows make it exceptional. Their tethered shooting is an industry standard and there are studios that will flat out won't work with you if you don't use Capture One for your workflow.

Two different programs but both shine in different ways. I imagine for most personal use Lightroom will fit your needs.
BTW, C1 is releasing their iPad app sometime in the future if that helps.
Cheers!