• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2021 10:06 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19741 posts
23159 upvotes
GTA
Leungss wrote: Alignment shop will fix bent tierod, right? If not I have to bring it to my mechanic first
Yes, they can but they probably won't have yours on hand, so they'll have to order it or you can supply it.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2626 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
Yes, most shops with an alignment rack should be able to fix it.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
298 posts
283 upvotes
thanks guys, just got it fixed. It surprised me that it's not the left wheels that have problems, it's the right wheels. So I guess it has nothing to do with the car wash incident, I might have hit a pothole or something on the right side. My conclusion is: the room for error in the car wash rail is pretty large, it's not that easy to mess up alignment using the railed car wash, potholes are more likely to be the culprit.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1560 posts
819 upvotes
mxthor3 wrote: Most dealers don't do alignments and get a shop to do it. I'd go to an alignment shop before your standard mechanics shop. The odds of them having an alignment rack are fairly small.
Every dealer I've seen has a rack. It is such a cash cow that the larger dealers can do a pre check in the service drive through.

Get an alignment wherever you are comfortable. With dealers if something is within spec they might skip over the adjustmrmt. I like smaller shops because they put not effort into it.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)