• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2016 2:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1843 posts
526 upvotes
Just a question what happens if you had a car already paid off, do you still get the 1000 a month? and not get a new car, never had a car allowance so don't know.
Dec 21, 2007
389 posts
8 upvotes
Hamilton
What about a Tesla? All depends on how far you need to drive.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
shawn01 wrote: Just a question what happens if you had a car already paid off, do you still get the 1000 a month? and not get a new car, never had a car allowance so don't know.
Yes you can do whatever you want with the car allowance. Our former CEO was driving a 15 year old rexus worth basically what he makes in a few days. He definitely wasn't using his allowance on car payments.

With that being said you don't want to ball out on your companies dime. Do so at your own peril.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Consumer Reports says:

84 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 EcoBoost
83 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Mar 25, 2012
63 posts
27 upvotes
High Park
shawn01 wrote: Just a question what happens if you had a car already paid off, do you still get the 1000 a month? and not get a new car, never had a car allowance so don't know.
You still get the allowance, I own my current car free and clear and have reduced this allowance regardless
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1203 posts
345 upvotes
Ontario
Stay away from the CLA I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Might as well look at the C Class instead.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
I agree that the optics are important when it comes to choosing a car that your company is paying for. Look around the parking lot and see what kind of cars the others in your situation drive. If most of them are in the $40-50K range, it wouldn't be a good idea to get something much more expensive than that.
Apr 22, 2013
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
The new 2017 A4 and MB C300 are both nice cars if you like luxury. BMW 3 series is sportier on the other hand.
Banned
Nov 2, 2015
72 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you want to Finance for 72-84 months your payments are starting at $820-990/month which is not bad. You could also go for the leasing route and save on tax and either buy out by financing the remaining of the residual or trade in for another one, which by then you might want an even better upgrade. But we have a Maserati dealership as well but have not heard the greatest things so far, our BMW store gets a lot of unhappy customers but to each their own. If you want something that is manageable and is an impressive car check out this
http://www.maranellobmw.com/new-vehicle ... 0-%20.html

or you can get a 428i Xdrive gran coupe w/premium package nav, backup camera/sensors etc.. that fits 6 people VERY comfortably with lots of trunk space and drives great plus no charge 4yr/80,000 km maintenance, and for feb 3 months no payment. I'm in love with this one because this my company demo, I've driven the there ones such as 3 series and the Suv etc but by far best looking, feeling, driving is this one. and you can get for under $700-$769/monthly
Instagram- SoniaBoo

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)