Automotive

Car clutch pedal making creaking sound when pressing it in neutral?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 1:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11268 posts
2310 upvotes
Durham Region

Car clutch pedal making creaking sound when pressing it in neutral?

Car is a 2017 civic sport. 33,XXXKM on it.

I don't ride the clutch or anything so I doubt it's been worn down that fast. Clutch also acts like how it normally always does so I'm guessing I'm over thinking this and it's probably from the cold. Now, this sound does not occur if the engine is off. So this is why I am a bit concerned.

This only started yesterday and didn't do it on my way home but did it on my way to work yesterday and today and it's pretty consistent. It's not loud, but is only happening when I push the clutch pedal in from neutral as far as I can tell.

Thoughts?
10 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35934 posts
22081 upvotes
Center of Universe
Find the source of the squeak and add some lubricant.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16998 posts
15607 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Grease it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11268 posts
2310 upvotes
Durham Region
vkizzle wrote: Find the source of the squeak and add some lubricant.
EP32k2 wrote: Grease it.
Yea that's what I've read... Googling it is just as bad as looking up symptoms of a sickness and the internet telling you you have aids.

Alot of results end up stating an input shaft is bad, etc but a few have said to lubricate.

May just get the dealer to deal with it as they haven't charged me for minor issues so far. What's funny is there was a creak sound coming from the leather shift boot, leather conditioner fixed that instantly.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16998 posts
15607 upvotes
Richmond Hill
XtremeModder wrote: Yea that's what I've read... Googling it is just as bad as looking up symptoms of a sickness and the internet telling you you have aids.

Alot of results end up stating an input shaft is bad, etc but a few have said to lubricate.

May just get the dealer to deal with it as they haven't charged me for minor issues so far. What's funny is there was a creak sound coming from the leather shift boot, leather conditioner fixed that instantly.
I don't it's anything serious, but it is a modern Honda so who knows LOL.

I've had a couple of manual cars with the clutch squeaking and they just lubbed it up and was fine after.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11268 posts
2310 upvotes
Durham Region
EP32k2 wrote: I don't it's anything serious, but it is a modern Honda so who knows LOL.

I've had a couple of manual cars with the clutch squeaking and they just lubbed it up and was fine after.
Good to know. After this Honda, although good I probably won't be buying one again.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5747 posts
3262 upvotes
Toronto
If you remove the leather shifter boot, the joints usually are greased to hell. But your problem could be more further into the line.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17200 posts
19100 upvotes
Oakville
peteryorkuca wrote: If you remove the leather shifter boot, the joints usually are greased to hell. But your problem could be more further into the line.
It's not his shifter, it's his clutch pedal.

OP, all you need to do is spray/apply some lithium or silicone grease in the clutch pivot point. If you take it apart it'd be better, but you can probably do it with just a spray if access isn't too tight.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5747 posts
3262 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: It's not his shifter, it's his clutch pedal.

OP, all you need to do is spray/apply some lithium or silicone grease in the clutch pivot point. If you take it apart it'd be better, but you can probably do it with just a spray if access isn't too tight.
Yea, I over read when he conditioned his leather shifter boot...