• Jan 14th, 2021 10:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
2460 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto

Car Insurance - Non -Catastrophic Medical/Attendant Care Coverage

I have some coverage through work but I'm also mainly concerned about the attendant care which I don't have coverage for.

For non-catastrophic injuries is it worth getting the $130k coverage or $1 million. I have the option of 130k for $25 a year or $55 a year for 1 million coverage but wondering how often that happens or likely one needs all that coverage for non catastrophic coverage. Perhaps if they have a big family where it covers multiple individuals?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9257 posts
1816 upvotes
Ontario
for the $870,000 of more coverage, I'd pay the $55 /year. You'd be surprised how fast $130,000 can go. this may help:

Up to $130,000 for medical, rehabilitation and attendant care benefits, including assessment costs, for a duration of 5 years
or
Up to $1,000,000 for medical, rehabilitation and attendant care benefits, including assessment costs, for a lifetime duration

CDNPatriot wrote: I have some coverage through work but I'm also mainly concerned about the attendant care which I don't have coverage for.

For non-catastrophic injuries is it worth getting the $130k coverage or $1 million. I have the option of 130k for $25 a year or $55 a year for 1 million coverage but wondering how often that happens or likely one needs all that coverage for non catastrophic coverage. Perhaps if they have a big family where it covers multiple individuals?
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
2460 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
What is attendant care? is that for a PSW if you can't perform daily functions related to self care?
COSMIC5 wrote: for the $870,000 of more coverage, I'd pay the $55 /year. You'd be surprised how fast $130,000 can go. this may help:

Up to $130,000 for medical, rehabilitation and attendant care benefits, including assessment costs, for a duration of 5 years
or
Up to $1,000,000 for medical, rehabilitation and attendant care benefits, including assessment costs, for a lifetime duration
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9257 posts
1816 upvotes
Ontario
The Attendant Care Benefit can be used to pay for “reasonable and necessary” expenses incurred when hiring someone to help you care for yourself after an accident.
The benefit covers professional services such as: in-home care from a personal aide or attendant; and/or convalescent care in a long-term care facility (such as a home or chronic-care hospital).
These services are most typically needed when an accident victim’s injuries prevent self-care.
CDNPatriot wrote: What is attendant care? is that for a PSW if you can't perform daily functions related to self care?
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)