• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2019 3:35 pm
[OP]
May 22, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes

Car Rental Online

I noticed that when looking into booking a rent a car for our upcoming vacation they all seem to want to charge you more if you pay at the counter. Not sure how that works as you need to see what the contract says before you sign it and to make sure they haven't added any extras not agree too. See image for an example, comments are most welcome as this is my first time renting a car.
Car Rental Website Quote.jpg
24 replies
Oct 27, 2016
57 posts
89 upvotes
NB
Always use autoslash.com to book (goes through priceline). This will give you the best discount codes. Often Americans get better prices even after conversion, autoslash will search .com as well as .ca to find the best price. Been using it for a couple years for over a dozen rentals per year.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4565 posts
1701 upvotes
Markham
Paul61 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 6:57 am
English please :)
If what the others said isn't clear, this is the wrong forum to post
Mar 7, 2011
172 posts
172 upvotes
I have had good luck with Costco travel. It includes unlimited miles and one additional driver. Pro tip: if you are booking for multiple days don't just search for entire trip. Also search for first few days and then rest of the days. I have seen price difference of more than $100 if you book 3 days + 2 days instead of 5 days straight.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10890 posts
10139 upvotes
Oakville
Freddydood wrote:
May 8th, 2019 7:06 am
Always use autoslash.com to book (goes through priceline). This will give you the best discount codes. Often Americans get better prices even after conversion, autoslash will search .com as well as .ca to find the best price. Been using it for a couple years for over a dozen rentals per year.
I just booked one for a week in the USA and find Costco travel to be the best.
Mar 22, 2004
592 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
yashgandhi wrote:
May 8th, 2019 7:38 am
I have had good luck with Costco travel. It includes unlimited miles and one additional driver. Pro tip: if you are booking for multiple days don't just search for entire trip. Also search for first few days and then rest of the days. I have seen price difference of more than $100 if you book 3 days + 2 days instead of 5 days straight.
But wouldn't that mean you'd need to go back to the car rental place, drop off, and pickup a new car? Plus fill-up before returning?
Mar 7, 2011
172 posts
172 upvotes
cuto wrote:
May 8th, 2019 8:14 am
But wouldn't that mean you'd need to go back to the car rental place, drop off, and pickup a new car? Plus fill-up before returning?
Correct. Depending your travel situation this might or might not be possible. I found this by accident while booking vehicle. Such a scummy practice.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1801 posts
747 upvotes
GTA
Have you checked to see is if the car sharing Turo is an option for where you are vacationing?