Car repair advice - Dealer did not fix my car, what are my option?
First of all let me say I'm not use to Garage/Dealer and repair, so I'm looking for advice here.
I have a Infiniti JX35 2013 out of warranty. The car is doing great, with one exeption that started this summer. A road noise started and I was not sure what the problem (tires, bearing etc.)
Noise doesn't feel related to rpm, but more to speed.
So today I went to the Infiniti dealer to have this fix.
So here is my day:
- I bring my winter tire to have them installed
- they tell me to diagnose the noise issue its 1 hr. I argue a little.. But ok lets go.
- they call me back at work: They found the problem! Hurray! Its a Bearing on a front wheel. 580 to have it fix.... Hmmm expensive... I don't know... Not an expert but Ok do it.
- Call me back 20min later: to change the bearing, they need to remove an ABS sensors, and its stuck.. There is a big chance it breaks. Its 380 to change it...I'm a little angry... I told them I brought my car to the Infiniti Dealer... Not the canadian tire and to fix it without breaking it.. Pr we will escalate to manager....
- call me back 40 min later... They broke it ... But manager his giving me 10% on the Abs sensor... 38$ and 10% on the Billed Time (20$).. Argue a little..
- so I go pick my car, and finally grt a 10% on the whole bill...and pay a grand total of 1050$
Its expensive... But I never went to the garage with this car so I would be ok with it.... But it turn out the problem his not fixed.. I still hear the exact same road noise.
I feel like I paid all of that for nothing.... I'm gonna call them first thing in the morning... But I'm scare to bring the car back to the dealer and have to pay for other stuff.. Should I pay more? Is there any guarantee that there work should fix the issues???
Is there anything that protect the customers? I'm in Qc btw if it change anything.