• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2018 3:32 pm
[OP]
Oct 7, 2017
232 posts
393 upvotes

Car seat covers

Hi there,

Our family just bought a new minivan, honda odyssey 2018 EX. Can you please rexommend decent seat covers for a good price. I have been browsing several websites, there are just way too many material options and prices seem scary. For all 3 rows 500-800$.

Thank you.
11 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11773 posts
4086 upvotes
Toronto
Why do you need a car seat cover?
Driving a taxi or uber?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Oct 7, 2017
232 posts
393 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Why do you need a car seat cover?
Driving a taxi or uber?
Kids and occasional uber.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11773 posts
4086 upvotes
Toronto
Get the leather seats, it helps to clean much faster and efficient than the cloth material seats.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14901 posts
9291 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote: Get the leather seats, it helps to clean much faster and efficient than the cloth material seats.
lol, not sure if that's possible unless you are referring to leather seating covers.
Pupsik27 wrote: Hi there,

Our family just bought a new minivan, honda odyssey 2018 EX. Can you please rexommend decent seat covers for a good price. I have been browsing several websites, there are just way too many material options and prices seem scary. For all 3 rows 500-800$.

Thank you.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 20, 2015
649 posts
177 upvotes
Place
Best bet try Canadian tire and maybe Walmart. You may get an idea as to what kind of seat cover do you like.
Good luck!
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11773 posts
4086 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote: lol, not sure if that's possible unless you are referring to leather seating covers.
Just bought, not sure if OP took delivery already....
If he just put down a deposit and waiting for a delivery or on order through manufacture. he may able to make changes to it.

If OP have the car already and doesn't have leather , then he has no choice to get an aftermarket car covers.
I personally like the transparent one, it keep the OEM look and adding a layer on top of the seat for protection.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2017
232 posts
393 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Just bought, not sure if OP took delivery already....
If he just put down a deposit and waiting for a delivery or on order through manufacture. he may able to make changes to it.

If OP have the car already and doesn't have leather , then he has no choice to get an aftermarket car covers.
I personally like the transparent one, it keep the OEM look and adding a layer on top of the seat for protection.
Yeah we just gave the deposit of $1000 and are supposed to receive the car sometime this week.

Do you think I can still change my order? My wife really wanted white minivan, so that's the colour that we got. Now, please don't think that I am very light minded, but after having to deal with my wifes constant mind changing about the vehicle she wanted - I did not do my research on the colour of the seats inside. Turns out they are - turd brown. So I was also hoping to musk that colour with nicer looking seat protectors.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11773 posts
4086 upvotes
Toronto
Pupsik27 wrote: Yeah we just gave the deposit of $1000 and are supposed to receive the car sometime this week.

Do you think I can still change my order?
Ask your Sales Advisor.
I'm not sure how much to add the leather seat on your EX. Sometimes it could be better off to upgrade the trim level higher to get leather PLUS other goodies than just adding the leather. I haven't go to Honda web site to price it out.

I just think leather is nicer and much easier to clean with wipe and vaccum.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4179 posts
2572 upvotes
Ontario
Pupsik27 wrote: Hi there,

Thank you.
Costco store sells great seat covers when they are in stock. The last batch were black and looked really good. I used the previous black/grey ones for years on my van.

Costco online has custom fit covers in a wide choice of colours but more expensive.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2017
232 posts
393 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Costco store sells great seat covers when they are in stock. The last batch were black and looked really good. I used the previous black/grey ones for years on my van.

Costco online has custom fit covers in a wide choice of colours but more expensive.
Thank you. Will check local costco stores.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4179 posts
2572 upvotes
Ontario
Pupsik27 wrote: Thank you. Will check local costco stores.
BTW seat covers slide around on leather so only really practical on cloth imo.