• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 3:06 pm
[OP]
Sep 2, 2014
134 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Car Stereo Repair (Toronto)

I have a car (old as in >10 years) where the radio cuts in and out occasionally. The radio is factory (read this a "low end") . Is there any place in the Toronto area that would be able to either repair or replace it? I don't want to spend a whole lot of $ on it, but for a reasonable amount, it would sure be nice to fix this annoying problem. Thanks for any advice.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11662 posts
3348 upvotes
Ontario
You would want to look for a quality audio shop. I know a few guys that do it on the side but they do more full aftermarket stereo setups. If you want something local try Audio Heaven they are pretty good.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2014
134 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I never got the opportunity to action this late last year and now places are closed due to covid-19. :-(

Thanks sickcars, may try Audio Heaven although that's quite far from me. Anybody tried Ultra Auto Sound on Southcreek in Mississauga? I should have mentioned I'm near Bloor in Etobicoke and prefer to not have to go too far.
Dec 1, 2014
202 posts
174 upvotes
Burlington, ON
MikeVTO wrote: I never got the opportunity to action this late last year and now places are closed due to covid-19. :-(

Thanks sickcars, may try Audio Heaven although that's quite far from me. Anybody tried Ultra Auto Sound on Southcreek in Mississauga? I should have mentioned I'm near Bloor in Etobicoke and prefer to not have to go too far.
I had a similar issue and it drove me nuts for 1 year. I finally bring it to an audio shop to find out it was a loose wire connected to the rear speaker. They simply re-plugged it and it was solved. Their guess is when I was loading something into the trunk, I caught the wire. This was an old Sentra back in the 90s...