Nov 16, 2004
18395 posts
5787 upvotes
Toronto

Car2Go - Free Membership + $10 Credit

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Car2Go
Just bringing light to a deal that might otherwise be missed. Found $5 in credits with the code word, "GIMME5" but then came on RFD, which changed my ads to another Car2Go ad for $10 in credits!

Offer Code: GOODDEAL

Terms:
Free registration + $10 drive time credit. Credits are non-transferrable, expire after 30 days and are only valid in the registered city. Please allow 1-2 business days for your account and credits to be activated.

You can find Car2Go in:
Calgary
Montreal
Toronto
Vancouver

Hopefully this deal applies to all of them! (I'm in Toronto)

Great service, check it out and see how it compares. They include gas & insurance (don't forget that!). On a recent trip where I needed a rental, it was cheaper to go with these guys versus a traditional company (last minute) just for the fact that they were covering my gas (I did a lot of driving, maybe $30-40 in gas).

Edit: They have a referral program, but that link is not a part of it. That is not my personal referral, the posted link is the one found through the RFD ad.

Why this is good
If the membership is free and they'll even give you a small credit to sign up, you'll be a member, ready to drive when you need it. Concert, Dinner, Club Night, Friend's House, anything ...
Since you are billed by the minute, you can take quick trips when you need to (under 1 hour) and drop the car off right on the street. This is not a traditional rental and people have to get passed the idea of renting. If more people thought of it as wheels for a little bit to get them somewhere faster (when they aren't out with a car), I think a lot more people would sign up for this. I'm a fully insured, car owner and yet I STILL use Car2Go.

This company is great for SHORT rentals - a few hours - not entire days!
Last edited by DaVibe on Aug 23rd, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7559 posts
5036 upvotes
Canada
Nice, they just added lots of Mercedes GLAs and CLAs too
Jun 5, 2016
580 posts
716 upvotes
Isn't it a 250km maximum per day? How'd you use $40 worth of gas so quickly?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18395 posts
5787 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: Nice, they just added lots of Mercedes GLAs and CLAs too
At least in Toronto, yep but beware, they seem to move around often - everyone is looking for them!
fremmy wrote: Isn't it a 250km maximum per day? How'd you use $40 worth of gas so quickly?
200km per day and you can go over, you just have to pay for it. Also, if you rent more than 1 day, it's 200km for each of those days (2-Days, 400km)
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
123 upvotes
But their daily rate is so freakin high renting car is lot cheaper. I use it for emergency purposes only.
Jun 5, 2016
580 posts
716 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
At least in Toronto, yep but beware, they seem to move around often - everyone is looking for them!

200km per day and you can go over, you just have to pay for it. Also, if you rent more than 1 day, it's 200km for each of those days (2-Days, 400km)
.45c per KM over adds up very quickly and is far more expensive than gas. I'm surprised a rental car was more expensive.
Aug 25, 2010
362 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
Where can I find a link to the referral program? I didn't see anything in their app or website.
DaVibe wrote: Edit: They have a referral program, but that link is not a part of it. That is not my personal referral, the posted link is the one found through the RFD ad.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18395 posts
5787 upvotes
Toronto
fremmy wrote: .45c per KM over adds up very quickly and is far more expensive than gas. I'm surprised a rental car was more expensive.
It was a weekend, cars available were over $100 a day before gasoline. The car I rented was $80 I think? I checked codes, I check Costco, I checked Perkopolis, I looked at Turo ... trust me, I looked around!

Anyways, this rental is not about daily rates. Daily, it's generally not cheaper. I wanted to mention it because they include gas and for that point, they were cheaper (for me) on that day.

This is more about driving yourself on short trips.
42energy wrote: But their daily rate is so freakin high renting car is lot cheaper. I use it for emergency purposes only.
Yeah, generally you would not rent this car for its daily rate. That's not what this service is all about.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Feb 14, 2015
103 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
Another code too!
"Not a member yet? We're offering FREE registration and $10 of free drive time credit with promo code NEWWHEELS "
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9347 posts
57454 upvotes
Ontario
They had free membership and $60 credits last time in DT Vancouver. I think it was around March or april
LAST DAY TO APPLY FOR CERB RETROACTIVE PAYMENTS
Period 5-7 = apply on car or call 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041.
Period 1-4 = call 1-800-232-1966. make a case. submit your documents (tax 2019 tax returns/bank statements)
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3279 posts
1357 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the free membership permanent? I don't really care about the credit, but like others I just want to use it for emergencies but don't want to pay an annual membership or anything like that.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18395 posts
5787 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: Is the free membership permanent? I don't really care about the credit, but like others I just want to use it for emergencies but don't want to pay an annual membership or anything like that.
Permanent, I've had mine for years.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2855 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
habaryu wrote: Where can I find a link to the referral program? I didn't see anything in their app or website.
It took me a while to find it too.
https://friends.car2go.com/na

You just have to generate a promo code(your referral code ) for the city where you want the credits to be valid.
Jul 13, 2015
40 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Bishop8 wrote: Is the free membership permanent? I don't really care about the credit, but like others I just want to use it for emergencies but don't want to pay an annual membership or anything like that.
I pay $2 per year for membership, probably the same for everyone.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2408 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga
Ummm you still need to pay for membership yearly?
But registration is free and need to pay 2 dollars per year?