[OP]
Nov 10, 2016
15 posts
9 upvotes

free membership + $5 credit

Deal Link:
Retailer:
car2go
Signup for car2go using coupon code JOINC2G and receive free membership with $5 credit.

Car Sharing Service in
- Canada: Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver
- USA: Austin, Columbus, Denver, New York City, Portland, San Diego, Seattle, Washington
- Europe: Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Italy
- China: Chongqing

https://www.car2go.com/runr/#/en/CA/reg ... pc=JOINC2G
or
https://www.car2go.com/CA/en/join/?cid= ... _none_none
23 replies
Jul 19, 2014
114 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
From the website:
LIMITED-TIME OFFER: USE PROMO CODE JOINC2G
JOIN NOW FOR FREE + GET $5 OF DRIVE TIME*

*Drive time credits are applied to the default payment profile, are valid for 30 days and are only redeemable in the city they are issued in. A taxable $1 Driver Protection Fee will be applied to each member's first 90 trips of each calendar year.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
It's a great thing to keep in your back pocket if you live in an eligible city just in case you need a car.
The cars are awful and it's pretty expensive to rent (relatively speaking) but sometimes you can't beat the convenience.

For those in Vancouver, Evo might be a better option.
Same pricing roughly but bigger cars.
Plus a slightly better home area that includes free Airport.

Personally I have a membership to Car2go, Modo and Evo for specific use cases.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
I too have a Car2Go membership while I still own and drive a car. There are just times when you'd like to hop in a car, it's for 1-way travel, unlike everything else in Toronto (ZipCar / Enterprise). It became even more flexible as you can park at standard street parking spots now.
Just this week, we were talking about using it to go to the Christmas market.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5738 posts
1184 upvotes
Montreal
So if you register and then never use it, are there any fees at all?
Phils
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2670 posts
330 upvotes
Could be useful to rent one of these golfcarts during the holiday season. Like it or not, this is the future of intracity travel.
Jul 17, 2006
201 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
The most convenient form of travel available downtown right now (at an affordable price). Almost any travel within the core is a lot cheaper than taking an Uber (especially if there are two passengers). The new models of the smart cars are actually an immense upgrade over the originals and unlock a lot quicker.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Leafs_sundin wrote: The most convenient form of travel available downtown right now (at an affordable price). Almost any travel within the core is a lot cheaper than taking an Uber (especially if there are two passengers). The new models of the smart cars are actually an immense upgrade over the originals and unlock a lot quicker.
not if u do referrals on uber..u get 15$ off 1st ride...problem is getting a different phone number for EACH account
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Dec 12, 2010
108 posts
178 upvotes
Quebec City
Mmmmh... someone who signed up could answer my question ? The promo code is to register for free but what is the register fee ? On the sign up page it says 5$ registration fee and on the pdf sent to my email address, for Montreal, it says 40.24 $ "One time sign up fee". How much do we end up to pay only to create the account ?
Jul 17, 2006
201 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know about you, but I've exhausted all of my Uber referrals as all of network has it!
Mar 17, 2016
46 posts
20 upvotes
Just received thia by email:

Effective January 2, 2017, car2go’s Terms and Conditions (U.S. & Canada) and Trip Process (Canada) will be amended. All members will be required to accept these amendments, which will go into effect on January 2, 2017.

Here are the links to the amended Terms and Conditions (U.S. & Canada) and Trip Process (Canada) and that will come into effect on January 2, 2017. And, here are links to redlined versions of the former Terms and Conditions (U.S. & Canada) and Trip Process (Canada) so that you can see what has been changed.

In addition, as of January 2, 2017, we are updating some of our pricing, as well as some fees and charges listed here. These changes are also noted below.

Our rates for our Mercedes-Benz vehicles in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary are increasing as follows:

Current
Minute $0.41
Hourly $14.99
Day $84.99

Effective January 2, 2017
Minute up to $0.47
Hourly up to $19.99
Day up to $115.00

Note, the prices above may vary based on location and taxes and fees may be applied. Rates for smart vehicles will not be changed
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11234 posts
6213 upvotes
Markham
DaVibe wrote: I too have a Car2Go membership while I still own and drive a car. There are just times when you'd like to hop in a car, it's for 1-way travel, unlike everything else in Toronto (ZipCar / Enterprise). It became even more flexible as you can park at standard street parking spots now.
Just this week, we were talking about using it to go to the Christmas market.
I have Car2Go membership and was recently given some free minutes to use....Just want to know more about

" even more flexible as you can park at standard street parking spots now"

Can you park at meters? or do you mean side streets with permits. I found it much easier to discipher where to park in Vancouver but I'm scared to try it in Toronto because it can cost $50 or more for a parking ticket.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: I have Car2Go membership and was recently given some free minutes to use....Just want to know more about

" even more flexible as you can park at standard street parking spots now"

Can you park at meters? or do you mean side streets with permits. I found it much easier to discipher where to park in Vancouver but I'm scared to try it in Toronto because it can cost $50 or more for a parking ticket.
It use to be that you could only park in registered Green p lots, so you would end up using the app to find the correct lot.
Now, Car2Go is letting everyone park on the street and they will move the car for you.
I haven't done it personally so I can't comment on actual meters where you are suppose to pay, but i am pretty sure there's a write up about what is and isn't allowed on their site.
There was a whole FAQ about it.

Edit: Looks like the answer is no to meter parking.
https://www.car2go.com/CA/en/toronto/parking/
Last edited by DaVibe on Dec 2nd, 2016 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict