Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
766 upvotes
Oshawa
fattyburger11 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:51 pm
Does the straw have a smell to it though? I hate how some egg cartons can often smell like literal puke. They use the lowest quality recycled paper for egg cartons.
It does have a slight cardboard stench. Doesn't smell as bad as an egg carton. Goto A&W and give it a shot.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Oct 21, 2018
131 posts
38 upvotes
White spot had these straws. Sort of like drinking toilet paper. I'll just load up on mcd straws.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40535 posts
4318 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
I love a&w. Great burgers, good service, fresh ingredients...

But i hate their paper straws. I’m torn bc i want to save the environment...

But i noticed that locally they don’t serve drinks in the glass reuable mugs after 10pm or something (24 hour locations).
They use dispoable cups. I find it funny that they use paper straws to lower their carbon footprint and follow the trend of being mindful about waste... yet they have a policy of no glass mugs to be served during later hours.

They straight up say its because people at night steal the mugs or the drunks break them.
So its okay to increase carbon footprint when its convenient to them...

Just an observation, it won’t stop me from going to a&w. I still love you guys.

Peace!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8260 posts
2711 upvotes
Toronto
They straight up say its because people at night steal the mugs or the drunks break them.
IF stealing and breaking is a problem at night, and it seems reasonable this could be a concern with some late night yahoos, then not sure how this relates to "convenient for them". if people break/ steal, their costs go up and they would have to increase prices to make up for those loses.

if the environment is a concern maybe ask if them if you can use your own reusable travel mug/ bottle for their drinks. in my long distance cycling days i would regularly get a snack and ask them to fill up my water bottle at ff places.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4476 posts
3544 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 1:08 pm
I love a&w. Great burgers, good service, fresh ingredients...

But i hate their paper straws. I’m torn bc i want to save the environment...

But i noticed that locally they don’t serve drinks in the glass reuable mugs after 10pm or something (24 hour locations).
They use dispoable cups. I find it funny that they use paper straws to lower their carbon footprint and follow the trend of being mindful about waste... yet they have a policy of no glass mugs to be served during later hours.

Just an observation, it won’t stop me from going to a&w. I still love you guys.

Peace!
I dunno... constantly broken mugs is not good either.

I wonder how many paper cups it would take to negate a broken mug?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6684 posts
1419 upvotes
jay-em wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 3:42 pm
Instead of cardboard straws why not use spout type lid instead.
Like a child's sippy cup?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1541 posts
795 upvotes
We are torn and hate the paper straw, but want to reduce the carbon footprint, especially my kids. We have started to use re-useable straws. I am still trying to find the right one. The steel ones are better than the paper, but still not the same. I like the heavier plastic reusable straws, but is that much better. I also hate carrying my straw around. Looking for some ideas.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1047 posts
342 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 4:20 pm
Like a child's sippy cup?
Yah kinda like that or better yet same design as hot drinks lid with covers. (ie Starbuck lid just add cover for the spout)
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6711 posts
1368 upvotes
Saw reusable straws today at WalMart. Either silicone or stainless steel.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14104 posts
2519 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like 7 11 is sold out of those edible (candy) straws. Too bad. Looks like they were really onto something there. (could have bought one and brought it to A&W, lol)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)