Shopping Discussion

cardswap.ca Anyone use it

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2017 9:50 pm
Sep 14, 2008
138 posts
5 upvotes
It looks legit, buy most of the cards are only 10% off and Id rather get it from the store. :)
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18693 posts
1106 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jan 30th, 2011 4:23 am
I've used it to buys cards but never sold cards on it. I do agree though if you are selling on it you are going to be losing money.

No one will ever pay face value for a gift card anyway.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1145 posts
24 upvotes
i deleted the email, but they said the person who would purchased it would have to use it in store. isn't that what they are suppose to do? i was confused.
2010..what a year!
Jan 7, 2011
372 posts
9 upvotes
Just tried to list a gift card on their site.

The FAQ's are no longer valid, they only buy cards now, and for the merchant I have, they only offer about 65% of the cards value.

To be sure they get the card, I have to send postal express, another $10.00 or so.

Doesn't seem like a very good deal, maybe would be better to try on Ebay.
Aug 25, 2008
841 posts
Markham
Yeah, I guess selling is not a good idea and buying from them is even worst. :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
DipSheet2 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2011 3:34 pm
Just tried to list a gift card on their site.

The FAQ's are no longer valid, they only buy cards now, and for the merchant I have, they only offer about 65% of the cards value.

To be sure they get the card, I have to send postal express, another $10.00 or so.

Doesn't seem like a very good deal, maybe would be better to try on Ebay.
notax wrote:
Jan 31st, 2011 10:35 pm
Yeah, I guess selling is not a good idea and buying from them is even worst. :(
I sold to them with no problems. They suggest to send it insured, but I just sent it in a regular envelope (wrapped the card in paper). Received an email when it was received and about a week later I got my cheque.
Aug 25, 2008
841 posts
Markham
if you are okay with 65% of the card value and willing to take a risk lossing the card thru regular mail.
Yeah you can still sell it to them.

but buying from them for sure is not a good choice from my past exp.
Jan 19, 2007
732 posts
6 upvotes
Ontario
Heard about this on the news. 65% only, I thought it was more-not worth it..yikes. Better to keep the cards and re-gift them lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
Wasn't this site also pitched to Dragon's Den?

In any case, you're probably better off using the b/s/t section here for GC's.
Feb 7, 2011
41 posts
1 upvote
they offered me more than 65% for my winners gift card... 237$ gf for 189$, so about 80%. Although i will pay 8$ for the registered letter, it's still good.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2604 posts
273 upvotes
in nov/dec, i bought a $200 EQ3 gift card for $180... so 10% off.

some things to keep in mind:
- the item ships from the seller not the site. other sites ship the gift card to you so that the seller doesn't have your address... so you have to be ok with this
- you have to use it by a certain date within a month or so or they will release the funds to the seller and you have no recourse.. so you should use it fast.

not sure if i would use it again.. i don't like the idea of a random having my address (especially if something goes wrong)
Feb 7, 2011
41 posts
1 upvote
poorwingman wrote:
Feb 10th, 2011 6:56 pm
in nov/dec, i bought a $200 EQ3 gift card for $180... so 10% off.

some things to keep in mind:
- the item ships from the seller not the site. other sites ship the gift card to you so that the seller doesn't have your address... so you have to be ok with this
- you have to use it by a certain date within a month or so or they will release the funds to the seller and you have no recourse.. so you should use it fast.

not sure if i would use it again.. i don't like the idea of a random having my address (especially if something goes wrong)

i think it changed since causes they offered me the 189$ as soon as i wrote the gift card amount, and the adress i shipped the gift card is the same in the 'contact us' cardswap.ca... so idk, they probably changed the concept. i'm wainting for my money and will post how it goes.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
38 upvotes
toronto
brunes wrote:
Jan 31st, 2011 7:20 am
No one will ever pay face value for a gift card anyway.

:lol: :facepalm: there's this dude on the BST forum trying to sell his GCs for face value.

Can't blame him for wanting "more" but I don't know what he's thinking.
Jan 4, 2005
523 posts
5 upvotes
Arviat
JohnMcdudlle wrote:
Feb 11th, 2011 12:03 am
i think it changed since causes they offered me the 189$ as soon as i wrote the gift card amount, and the adress i shipped the gift card is the same in the 'contact us' cardswap.ca... so idk, they probably changed the concept. i'm wainting for my money and will post how it goes.

Did you get the money yet?
Feb 7, 2011
41 posts
1 upvote
just did. it took 10 buisenes days and they spelt my name wrong, but i'm very happy with their services.