Career Advice Needed

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2015 10:34 pm
[OP]
Oct 3, 2010
7 posts
toronto

Career Advice Needed

I've been working with a Financial Institution for 2 months in the role of Financial Service Representative. On paper it seemed like a great role, however now that I have gotten some experience under my belt, I feel that it's truly a sales role and doesn't really fit my personality, nor where I see myself long-term. *

I've been lucky enough to land a job right after completing my Financial Service Management degree from Seneca College, however I don't feel it's the right career for me.

Whats your take on the post graduate certificate in*Financial Services Compliance Administration,which is offered by Seneca? (Pay, job prospects etc...).*

http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/FCA.html

Do you have any other suggestions for me?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.*

P.S. I have already completed my CSC and CPH course.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5108 posts
971 upvotes
T.
2 months does not make a career. Cut your teeth, get experience and get promoted or change roles when the opportunity presents itself. Better yet, make it happen on your own.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
[OP]
Oct 3, 2010
7 posts
toronto
The truth is, I'm barely meeting my targets so I am afraid that I will be let go of.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5392 posts
1959 upvotes
Most honest rfd post of the year.

Welcome to the financial services. That's it. Entry level grind work. Whether you're in a branch, call center, or part of the mobile sales force team - you're selling and grinding #'s.

As for the Seneca course, it looks pretty junior and something that would lead to a junior role in a fraud detection group at a bank. Call center work. You'll be grinding through fraud cases and jr. investigations (that sounds fancy, but it really isn't).

If you're not into banking, at least you're young and know what you don't like doing. Go find work in another field you'd enjoy a lot more - your long term prospects will look a lot better.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)